Hacking Want to install Adrenaline but NO PSN? No Problem...... Sort of

mummysboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, then i think i know why a bubble appears after the pkg installer.

I think the main issue is that you need to 1. be activated 2. enable the PSPEMU

Im thinking the pspemu needs to be "turned on" and the action of the pkg installer raises a flag somewhere (Christ knows where)

Ill keep looking around but to be honest i am in way over my head - i just fiddle with files - most of the time stuff breaks - this was a nice surprise tbh.

EDIT - Whilst beating my head off the wall i remember Mr Gas and his webrowser....

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=40914

Can you start the exploit via webrowser?

Last edited by mummysboy,

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkg installer/idu content installer generates the __eboot_pbp file. That is needed for a bubble to appear.

Your game needs to be drm free. The rif patch allows unsigned rifs to go through but they still have to be valid. Vitashell used a drm free rif, which I think is why it works.

Not all psp demos are drm free. I don't know which one is and isn't.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkg installer/idu content installer generates the __eboot_pbp file. That is needed for a bubble to appear.

Your game needs to be drm free. The rif patch allows unsigned rifs to go through but they still have to be valid. Vitashell used a drm free rif, which I think is why it works.

Not all psp demos are drm free. I don't know which one is and isn't.
If the pkg installer installs it then its probably drm free as i think it fails if its not drm free

yeeeeeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the pkg installer installs it then its probably drm free as i think it fails if its not drm free

Actually, also going back to the IDU discussion we were having before, I tested and found out that I can install any package if I'm running IDU mode, while if I just run the package installer normally it will error on some (like the Half Minute Hero demo) but work with others (Naruto demo).
So I guess if you are in IDU mode you can basically install anything, while outside of IDU mode you can actually still use package installer but install only DRM free packages. BTW I'm not even sure what we are talking about when saying "DRM free", the Naruto demo for example installs but then it does not run...

I actually downloaded a bunch of full game packages from zeus server, like Monster Hunter portable 3rd and Chrono Cross PS1, and managed to install while in IDU mode, replacing the .rif file it does not make them run though, I'm not sure how I have to interpret this:
Also you know what's funny? This means people could have easily played their pirated games by signing them. But nobody tried, lol
Should I sign an iso with sign_np using another game that I own as base and then use that base game rif file for them?

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, i transfered the pspdemo and tried to open it. As i got the message to update i didnt bother to tried it and install adrenaline with it. Gonna try that as soon as i get home. Thanks for the reply

Well, I installed adrenaline bubble but now, as before with the psp demo bubble, it`s asking me to activate the system

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone confirmed if overwriting the ACT.dat file on an unactivated Vita with the ACT.dat file from an activated Vita (both with same PSN credentials) results in activating the unactivated Vita?

If so, someone with a spare a Vita & PS3 could make a little coin setting up & selling dummy PSN accounts/activated ACT.dat files. I'd gladly pay someone for that simply to avoid the hassle of having to track down down a PS3..

Barkermsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this method really work? I've read through the entire thread and seen lots of people having problems with it.. and only the odd ones that it did work for.

Is it just abit unreliable?

Skullator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does this method really work? I've read through the entire thread and seen lots of people having problems with it.. and only the odd ones that it did work for.

Is it just abit unreliable?

It looks like it works for Vita's that have been activated, so if your device has connected to the PSN and you've activated it in the past, this should work.

Unfortunately it looks as though this method doesn't work on new Vita's or those which have never connected to the PSN and been activated.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it works for Vita's that have been activated, so if your device has connected to the PSN and you've activated it in the past, this should work.

Unfortunately it looks as though this method doesn't work on new Vita's or those which have never connected to the PSN and been activated.
That isn't correct. Mine was activated and had accessed psn before it was turned off. However the method in this article by itself did not create a bubble for me.
Regardless my method I posted on page 3 of this thread does work for both activated and unactivated devices, as far as having a bubble show up is concerned. Adrenaline apparently crashes with an error that has to do with activation. but at least you will have a bubble so when a workaround to activate devices appears you should be good to go.

mummysboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think yifan is right - the bubble is appearing depends on the EBOOT being DRM free and utilising the ___sce__EBOOT thingy ma jig file. That way VITASHELLS .rif (DRM Free) boots it.

My Files are EU, and i have tried it using several titles (Full and demo) and it would seem that only a handfull will actually boot and show up as bubbles.

If the wife lets me i will try and faff around with differnt files and see if i can get a more "universal" workaround.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think yifan is right - the bubble is appearing depends on the EBOOT being DRM free and utilising the ___sce__EBOOT thingy ma jig file. That way VITASHELLS .rif (DRM Free) boots it.

My Files are EU, and i have tried it using several titles (Full and demo) and it would seem that only a handfull will actually boot and show up as bubbles.

If the wife lets me i will try and faff around with differnt files and see if i can get a more "universal" workaround.
Could you perhaps share what these drm free apps are then for people to try?

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone confirmed if overwriting the ACT.dat file on an unactivated Vita with the ACT.dat file from an activated Vita (both with same PSN credentials) results in activating the unactivated Vita?

If so, someone with a spare a Vita & PS3 could make a little coin setting up & selling dummy PSN accounts/activated ACT.dat files. I'd gladly pay someone for that simply to avoid the hassle of having to track down down a PS3..

Hi, I did a bunch of research on this waaay back - before henkaku got released and the #vitasdk channel had one message every day. And yes, it does work; but there's a caveat.

So Sony implemented an arbritrary restriction: only three Vitas can be activated per account. This is to get around the rather obivious account sharing. However by simply having write access to the memory card you can get around this really easily by simply pasting the activation and the registry, using the (now I hope) well known method: http://gbatemp.net/threads/henkaku-...e-memory-card-and-swap-without-format.436580/

I haven't tested if this does get around the three account activation method (because I don't own three vitas) but this has no reason to not bypass the limit, as long as you do it offline (probably there's a check when a new Vita with activation connects to the internet). As such, there would be no need to make a bunch of dummy accounts: all one has to do is own two vitas (one on 3.60 and one on latest firmware), get into IDU mode on the 3.60 vita, activate on the latest firmware, swap memcards, copy over the act.dat and registry and share it here for everyone. I actually do meet these requirements, if this is requested I'll do it in the next few days?

Last edited by xy2_,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok, @anyone experiencing no bubble issues, try using this PSP game (just plop the pspemu folder in the root of ux0 and rename the license file you used for the other game to EP9000-NPEG90015_00-0000000000000000.rif). It's using the Pixel Junk Monster demo which is, according to various sources, DRM free. I don't have access to my Vita at the moment, otherwise I'd test it to see if it works myself >.>

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5e7ao3vtjajojoe/PSP_Demo_Workaround.zip

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot to get the sce_ebootpbp first ha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken