Hardware Waiting for second version of 3DS?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 13,164
  • Replies 110

Are you going to buy the launch 3DS or wait for the second version?

• Launch 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later Version

• Not going to get it at all

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
manobon said:
I know I'll Want to wait until the 2nd iteration...especially if they did something crazy awesome like worked out a contract with Sprint or something for a 3G/4G connection (Skype video-chat app + Always online multiplayer 3DS games? Yes.).

Unfortunately, it probably will be a 2 to 3 year wait for something like that to work out, and I'll probably want to get a PSP2 by then (unless Sony repeats its primary mistake of, "be happy with what you got").

Argh- guess I'll just wait to see what games come out at launch, and what the reviews are like. It would really suck to see a 3DS 3G at E3 next year (unless, of course I don't buy the 1st iteration).
Nintendo isn't going to work out a contract with Sprint, so just keep on waiting. It sounds like you'd be willing to buy a PSP2 at launch, before investing in the first iteration of the 3DS, so what's the difference? Either you don't buy systems at launch, or you're particular to Sony(PSP). That's fine, but as a launch adopter of PSP (my PSP 1000 is 1.5 firmware since launch), I couldn't be more disappointed. Sony's last attempt was the Go, and that doesn't need any explaining.

My point?

Don't wait for something that is simply impractical, because it probably will never happen. If you don't buy a 3DS at launch, nobody cares, you miss out, and have to listen to everyone else talking about how awesome it is. The 3DS doesn't need contracts, neither does the PSP, and if it's that important to you then you should be in the iPhone vs 3DS thread.
Isn't this all software stuff? 3G/4G connection could just be updated to the first iteration of the 3DS if they can do it to the second one.
The second on want have a huge hardware change, just a size/design change.
unsure.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If a hack comes out before the second version of the console, you can bet it won't be working when the second one does come out.

Zarvi

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manobon said:
I know I'll Want to wait until the 2nd iteration...especially if they did something crazy awesome like worked out a contract with Sprint or something for a 3G/4G connection (Skype video-chat app + Always online multiplayer 3DS games? Yes.).

Unfortunately, it probably will be a 2 to 3 year wait for something like that to work out, and I'll probably want to get a PSP2 by then (unless Sony repeats its primary mistake of, "be happy with what you got").

Argh- guess I'll just wait to see what games come out at launch, and what the reviews are like. It would really suck to see a 3DS 3G at E3 next year (unless, of course I don't buy the 1st iteration).
Indeed 3DS is currently shit in my opinion, I'll be getting the PSP2 or if there is a new Iphone
smile.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
My expectations.
PSP2 will be a piece of shit used solely by bold men that live in their grandma's cellar
iPhone 5 will be another hyped up pile of shit status symbol doing what HTC phones do now
3DS will be pumped full of Shovellware, just like the iPhone 'cept it isn't a status symbol. Will also be used by p0rn lovers everywhere

Zarvi

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btyre said:
My expectations.
PSP2 will be a piece of shit used solely by bold men that live in their grandma's cellar
iPhone 5 will be another hyped up pile of shit status symbol doing what HTC phones do now
3DS will be pumped full of Shovellware, just like the iPhone 'cept it isn't a status symbol. Will also be used by p0rn lovers everywhere
My expectations.
PSP2 will be awesome sony always makes high quality products not like cheap 3DS piece OF SHIT.
iPhone will always be powerful than SHIT ASS ANDRIOID HTC PHONES.
3DS WILL BE FULL OF SHIT ASS LITTLE KIDS WILL BE PLAYING AND FULL OF SHOVEL WARE

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarvi said:
manobon said:

Indeed 3DS is currently shit in my opinion, I'll be getting the PSP2 or if there is a new Iphone
smile.gif

He never say the 3DS is bad, he just want the best one
Zarvi said:
QUOTE(btyre @ Oct 24 2010, 10:29 PM)
My expectations.
My expectations.
PSP2 will be awesome sony always makes high quality products not like cheap 3DS piece OF SHIT.
iPhone will always be powerful than SHIT ASS ANDRIOID HTC PHONES.
3DS WILL BE FULL OF SHIT ASS LITTLE KIDS WILL BE PLAYING AND FULL OF SHOVEL WARE
You are just being a trolling (annoying) fanboy...

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
btyre said:
My expectations.

I beg to differ...it doesn't have a 16:9 display. Let alone a larger one. Unsuitable for pr0n. Though the hinged design makes it easy to keep upright (boom, tish)

Of course there will be shovelware. Since the dawn of time (Game Boy) there has been shovelware. Do you really expect people to like hundreds of released games? No, there are lots of different people out there for lots of different games. There always has been. One man's shovelware is another's gold or 'good enough'.

PSP2 used by bold (or did you bean bald?) men living in granny's cellar sounds good, especially with the foreclosures going about. Sure beats paying rent and getting wasted for entertainment.

iPhone a status symbol? Hmm, sure...if by status you mean middle class 'everyone-has-one' users. I wouldn't say it's status more than it is a good touch implementation that many people seem to want in favour of non-touch.

It's 'cool' to have even though non-touch phones can be more practical in many practical examples I can think of. Regardless, larger-screen phones are more suitable for net access.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
btyre said:
My expectations.

I beg to differ...it doesn't have a 16:9 display. Let alone a larger one. Unsuitable for pr0n. Though the hinged design makes it easy to keep upright (boom, tish)

Of course there will be shovelware. Since the dawn of time (Game Boy) there has been shovelware. Do you really expect people to like hundreds of released games? No, there are lots of different people out there for lots of different games. There always has been. One man's shovelware is another's gold or 'good enough'.

PSP2 used by bold (or did you bean bald?) men living in granny's cellar sounds good, especially with the foreclosures going about. Sure beats paying rent and getting wasted for entertainment.

iPhone a status symbol? Hmm, sure...if by status you mean middle class 'everyone-has-one' users. I wouldn't say it's status more than it is a good touch implementation that many people seem to want in favour of non-touch.

It's 'cool' to have even though non-touch phones can be more practical in many practical examples I can think of. Regardless, larger-screen phones are more suitable for net access.
I agree. Touch screens are impractical in the sense that your body's muscle memory can't really work with touchscreens. Every part of the screen feels the same. On a non-touch phone it's easy to know roughly where you are on the keyboard by just having slight bumps on a key or 2 (see: your keyboard's j and f keys). Now, this problem is going to be solved soon enough with BlindType, but until then, it's a problem. In fact, if the PSPhone wasn't coming out (or if they decide to make it unavailable for AT&T), I'd be getting an Android with a slide-out keyboard. I made the mistake of getting a touchscreen keyboard once. Won't do it again if I don't have to.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If it's region-locked I'll either wait for the red coloured one, or the redesign, depending on what games are out by then.
If it's region-free I'll buy it at launch.

KingVamp said:
Isn't this all software stuff? 3G/4G connection could just be updated to the first iteration of the 3DS if they can do it to the second one.
The second on want have a huge hardware change, just a size/design change.
unsure.gif
No, unless they put out a 3G 3DS cartridge that has a mobile phone antenna, and a sim slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o