Hacking vWii Help Desperate . games won't load from usb

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is way OT. Anyway:
I am not rich enough to backup every single thing I collected. I have more than 5TB for my collections. Even if I have backups, it is no joke restoring 5TB worth of data.
Why risk the HDD when I don't have to.
Running with or without SD doesn't make much a different except it is a bit slower and bootmii will look for a bootmii folder in SD and auto-run a certain files from it at boot. If that folder contain corrupted or bad files, that may cause problem.
And see what the Pro/dev recommends: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1083#post-6013233

But if you are running fine now, then "don't fix it if it ain't break"
to each their own :)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im attaching a pic of the program you suggested. disk 2 is my ehd. i just found out "2tb" does not in fact mean 2tb of free space. it says its the only partition and primary correct? i can't really tell like i said i don't know a lot about all this.

anyways i have to get to bed, i will reply to and try the suggestions of everything else tomorrow.
Your hardrive is not fat32 easeus says under filesystem other it should say fat32 use easeus to format it to fat32.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There Is, knowing that there is not turning back after a brick.
This is the dumbest thing I've read today. Who ever said that installing wads will brick your wii u? I have tons of installed wads. You shouldn't make up definitive statements based on you're own experience! Of course it's safe to install wads on vwii. If you're an idiot and mess it up then it's your fault. It doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't do it.

Last edited by Kafluke,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the dumbest thing I've read today. Who ever said that installing wads will brick your wii u? I have tons of installed wads. You shouldn't make up definitive statements based on you're own experience! Of course it's safe to install wads on vwii. If you're an idiot and mess it up then it's your fault. It doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't do it.

Ok, you maybe understand it wrong, installing a WAD might no brick your wii, but since im assuming that the user is inexperienced, im trying to make him AVOID installed WADS, wheter they are official or not, even if they are from a safe source, why? because there IS NO GOING BACK AFTER A BRICK ON A VWII, i have never bricked my wiis, NEVER, but that does mean, he cant get a corrupted wad from X place, and install it and brick him, why am i assuming this? because he is saying that he fells guilty for installing emulators or softmoding his vwii, i cant stop him from installing wads, but if that does happen, and for X reason he gets a brick, there is really a "No Turning Back".

i simply do not find a reason why would you want to install a wad on a vwii. and please dont say "For easier access.."

RodrigoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you followed some guide to softmod your vWii?
I`m finding your SysCheck a bit odd.

The ios should be like vIOS.

Its like this:
IOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches

When it should be like this:
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches

You sure didnt followed a `wii` softmod guide or tool?

casey bandy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had it as fat32 for sure before i used that easeus program to format it thinking there was a hidden partition.
the hard drive and games show up when i go to the usb loader but they wont play. i explained in detail in my previous replies in this thread.

i followed this guide

when i select what to load the games from in usb loader gx it says my ehd is "usb 2" but its the only thing plugged in?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is the wad i attempted to use

USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT (For vWii ONLY).wad

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 2.16.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 2.16.08 PM.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by casey bandy,

RodrigoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still think its odds (your ioses), but...
Try this:
On USBLoader GX, go to config, loader settings, set the LOADER IOS to 249 and the GAME ios to 249 too and Set usb port to "both".

Plug your usb stick in the upper usb port behind the Wii u (considering your wii u flat on the surface).
Try to run anygame.
Try with diff usb storages (stick, external hdd).

Also to install the usbloader fowarder, get from their source rep, and use YAWM.

Last edited by RodrigoR,

RodrigoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to repost, but, i analized more carefully your syscheck and defnitely there's something wrong there.
- it couldnt detect the drive date,
- it says it's a Wii console (NOT vWii in the case of a Wii U)
- your system menu rev is older (strange)

So clarify that, its really a Wii U console vWii or a REAL wii?

In the case its a real Wii U (vWii).
Why do u have sneek there on SD? where that came from? I downloaded the "apps" the guide you said you followed. And aside the wbfs stuff (desktop app, that most ppl dont use anymore),
the apps are correct (missing the wad backup part tho).
In the case its a real vWii make no sense to have sneek there, theres a vsneek version that JoostinOnline made. As you said you dont have much experience in modding and all, i don't think you went all the trouble of compiling etc of the vsneek.
That and your SysCheck either point out to a wii using vwii cios or a vWii that was very bad modded using "wii" stuff.
And also if you are having trouble installing a vWii wad it's because is neither a vwii or it have some bad stuff done on it.
So, clarify this wii/vwii confusion and what you have done there in terms of mod?
What steps you did? and how?
If you want help you have to say exactly what have you done there. wich apps, etc...

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i had it as fat32 for sure before i used that easeus program to format it thinking there was a hidden partition.
the hard drive and games show up when i go to the usb loader but they wont play. i explained in detail in my previous replies in this thread.

when i select what to load the games from in usb loader gx it says my ehd is "usb 2" but its the only thing plugged in?

"usb 2" means its on the second partition (or third?). strange that easeus didn't report so and that the partition type is "other". May be you should wipe the entire HDD and start over.

this is the wad i attempted to use

USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT (For vWii ONLY).wad
You should download from the official site. https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT_vWii (Fix).wad/download

Sorry to repost, but, i analized more carefully your syscheck and defnitely there's something wrong there.
- it couldnt detect the drive date,
- it says it's a Wii console (NOT vWii in the case of a Wii U)
- your system menu rev is older (strange)

So clarify that, its really a Wii U console vWii or a REAL wii?

Boot2 v0 shows its a vWii but yes, its strange that syscheck HDE 2.4 reports the console type as Wii? @JoostinOnline

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also; I was playing fire emblem radiant dawn off the usb stick using cheats and everything. When i try to play it on the external hard drive it just resets to the home brew screen.

Tried to go back to using usb stick and I'm having the same problems. Somehow I messed up the working set up I finally got going, by doing nothing but switching what I'm loading games from.

I had nintendont and the dx vwii clos ios all installed, I don't know the terms too well but just fyi.
Try changing setting on that game to ios 250 or 251. Maybe needs different ios to run

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Boot2 v0 shows its a vWii but yes, its strange that syscheck HDE 2.4 reports the console type as Wii? @JoostinOnline
Thanks for tagging me. It's weird that it reported it as a Wii and all the IOS's as Wii versions. I may have to make some changes.

@casey bandy: Are you loading SysCheck through the HBC?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Try changing setting on that game to ios 250 or 251. Maybe needs different ios to run

nope, fire emblem radiant dawn is an "old" game and runs on ios 21.
I can boot it up with base 56 ios, so his ios 249/250 should work. Although I have not really played the game for more than 10 min. nor used cheat. Its either the cheat, the iso itself or the HDD.
base 58 generally is slower and lower compatibility although some games that use usb attachments will require it. With that in mind, no harm to try though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?