Hardware Volume adjust on 3DS XL - disappointed it's a slider

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer wheel controls over sliders and buttons. With a wheel control, you can have a greater range of adjustments rather than the small level of adjustment with a slider. With buttons, the volume could be too low or too high in between two adjacent levels.

In my opinion, I would prefer that Nintendo put louder speakers in their devices. For me, the 3DS XL speakers are ok, but if there is anything else making noise in the room, I can barely hear the game. The 3DS was barely loud enough to hear regardless of the situation, even in an inclosed room with no other noises. I never played games without headphones on.

I was happy with the volume of the DSi XL. I could hear all the games fine, even in a busy room, so I was disappointed when I got my 3DS XL.

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I sold my 3ds xl and got a DSI xl was
1. DSI XL has a brighter screen
2. DSI XL has a much louder speakers.
3. DSI XL has better picture quality for ds games
4. I wasn't playing much 3ds games anyway.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I prefer wheel controls over sliders and buttons. With a wheel control, you can have a greater range of adjustments rather than the small level of adjustment with a slider. With buttons, the volume could be too low or too high in between two adjacent levels.

In my opinion, I would prefer that Nintendo put louder speakers in their devices. For me, the 3DS XL speakers are ok, but if there is anything else making noise in the room, I can barely hear the game. The 3DS was barely loud enough to hear regardless of the situation, even in an inclosed room with no other noises. I never played games without headphones on.

I was happy with the volume of the DSi XL. I could hear all the games fine, even in a busy room, so I was disappointed when I got my 3DS XL.
I'm not sure how your ears are, but my 3DS goes louder than I'd ever want in a quiet room if I set it to max.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how your ears are, but my 3DS goes louder than I'd ever want in a quiet room if I set it to max.

My old 3DS was a first gen ambassador model. The speakers just didn't have any range. Maybe you had a later model or were lucky to get one with better speakers in it. Still, they could have put louder speakers in the 3DS or increased the max volume level.

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old 3DS was a first gen ambassador model. The speakers just didn't have any range. Maybe you had a later model or were lucky to get one with better speakers in it. Still, they could have put louder speakers in the 3DS or increased the max volume level.

No, it's well known the 3ds xl does not get loud, and is much quieter than the dsi xl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc