Hacking VitaShell 0.4 (switch between apps without restarting Rejuvenate)

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's true that the difficulty of using Rejuvenate is the biggest hurdle - not just actually using it, but installing it and generally getting everything set up, not to mention being on the correct firmware. I suspect this doesn't just put off users - it puts off devs too. I consider myself relatively experienced with this stuff, but it took me an age to get Rejuvenate working even after managing to get Unity installed, all the software set up on my PC, the correct keys etc.

Retroarch on Vita seems to have been stale since the initial release, I'm not aware of any significant changes or additions to it. For example, a port of Picodrive would be great because Genesis Plus GX often drops frames in 333MHz mode and always made more sense as a port given it's designed specifically for ARM, its absence is a little bizarre.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Version 0.5 out now and is now open source! Could a mod edit the topic title?

http://wololo.net/2016/02/02/vitashell-0-5-released-and-now-open-source/

• Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
  • Added network host mountpoint.
  • Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
  • Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
  • Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
  • Improved ‘New folder’ by extending to ‘New folder (X)’, where ‘X’ is an increasing number.
  • Improved message dialog texts.
  • Limited filenames so it doesn’t overlap with the size/folder text.
  • Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
  • Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
  • Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...