Hacking Vitadowngrader soon?

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
this is a really exciting time. I had a demo unit psvita kicking around for years and just yesterday I wanted to check to see if the scene had updated and I found all this exploding everywhere. and that demo unit converter tool came out literally as I was researching if it was possible to convert yet.

I'll be excited to see where the development goes in the coming weeks and months.

Reactions: finkmac

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's impressive as a technical achievement and possibly even useful for people who want to dig into the older software, but this isn't really for end users.

The general rule for any modded console is that you want to be on the highest possible firmware version that still grants you access to the exploits. That way you get the beneits of the newer firmware updates while keeping homebrew. I'm not sure I see the use for end users in downgrading even if HENkaku were ported. ePSP exploits for 3.60 would be more useful.

Not dismissing this as a development, just suggesting that end users shouldn't get too carried away.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
It's impressive as a technical achievement and possibly even useful for people who want to dig into the older software, but this isn't really for end users.

The general rule for any modded console is that you want to be on the highest possible firmware version that still grants you access to the exploits. That way you get the beneits of the newer firmware updates while keeping homebrew. I'm not sure I see the use for end users in downgrading even if HENkaku were ported. ePSP exploits for 3.60 would be more useful.

Not dismissing this as a development, just suggesting that end users shouldn't get too carried away.
Well, maybe this means something like a firmware spoofer might be doable, so maybe it'll become really useful in the future for end users..

kftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/766499148967374848 here is a terrible justification for theflow not releasing a possible epsp exploit

No actually, he is totally in the right. We've had enough ePSP shit and it held the scene back and gave posers like Total_Noob a chance to create drama, drama and more drama because he piggybacked on the original Team Molecule's (Davee, Bubbletune, Hellcat and a few others) work and made a name for himself enabling piracy against on the PSP against the wished of pretty much any actual developer that was active at the time, when he wasn't actually that great. Just good at forking other people's work.

I say fuck the ePSP for now, let's focus on bringing actual progress on the native side.

Although this RW thing is gonna create a lot of bricks before anything good is created. Someone just shared a .vpk that enables RW access to anyone who can download it.

Disclaimer: I know fl0w and consider him a bud

yifanlu said:
So now you guys know why we didn't say how to write to os0 and vs0. There is literally no point. You can change some icons sure (you can do so in a much safer way by modifying app.db). Version spoofing is a lot harder than changing index.dat. And most "changes" you can think of will brick you. We already have a genius who decided to delete os0:sm, which is responsible for all crypto on the system. So yeah. Be aware.

Last edited by kftX,
Reactions: yifan_lu and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s