Hacking VitaCheat/FinalCheat Database

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been busy, late reply but

It seems like we may need something a bit different than github as a vitacheat database, seeing as vitacheat has a code limit and a lot of new codes are being posted.
I don't see why that's an issue. Vitacheat itself has a limit of 50 codes per game, sure, but you can have any number of games. If the Github has too many codes in a single .psv file, then it's up to the user to put which codes they want in the .psv file.

For example, I had 50+ codes for SAO, but I limited the psv on the github to 50 codes. And then I made a separate .psv for the multiplayer codes.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why that's an issue. Vitacheat itself has a limit of 50 codes per game, sure, but you can have any number of games. If the Github has too many codes in a single .psv file, then it's up to the user to put which codes they want in the .psv file.

For example, I had 50+ codes for SAO, but I limited the psv on the github to 50 codes. And then I made a separate .psv for the multiplayer codes.
SAO sounds easy enough but I wish every game can be split like that. For games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 can easily rack up 50+ codes, especially with the X-2 codes I made. That game just has so much content to make codes for that its like every section in that game needs its own code section. I remember having to struggle just trying to fit those codes into a psv and I still had more to go in it and could still make a few more if I ever wanted to go back to it.

But I was mainly thinking about if someone else wanted to summit new codes for the same game and region. Does that get added to the existing psv on github or does it get its own separate psv? If they do get merge then yeah the 50 code limit could definitely be a problem.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SAO sounds easy enough but I wish every game can be split like that. For games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 can easily rack up 50+ codes, especially with the X-2 codes I made. That game just has so much content to make codes for that its like every section in that game needs its own code section. I remember having to struggle just trying to fit those codes into a psv and I still had more to go in it and could still make a few more if I ever wanted to go back to it.

But I was mainly thinking about if someone else wanted to summit new codes for the same game and region. Does that get added to the existing psv on github or does it get its own separate psv? If they do get merge then yeah the 50 code limit could definitely be a problem.
I was actually just talking to someone about games like FFX/X-2 and God of War collection, the games that have 2 game mixed in. You can do something like this for codes that work for both games:
Code:
_V0 Example Inf Money
$D201 81000000 FFFFFFFF # If FFX is running, run this code
$0200 8262A5E8 00000000
$D501 81000000 FFFFFFFF # If FFX-2 is running, run this code.
$0200 8258D128 00000000
Of course, it's a little more difficult, but it cuts the code list in half. I could have also done this with SAO's multiplayer, but my vita is strictly offline only.

I usually merge code into the existing codes, if some one creates new codes that don't already exist. Sometimes they'll go over the 50 code limit. That's just unfortunately a flaw with Vitacheat, not our storage system...

You could also merge some codes, for instance instead of having 'Rikku HP', 'Yuna HP' and etc., just have 'All Chars Max HP'. I hate doing it that way, but there's not much we can do with vitacheat's limits... Unfortunately RPGs can have LOTS of codes. That's just how they are, really.

Reactions: protoye76

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

It's mainly an issue due to the fact that the list of .psvs in the Github are listed by Game Code, but the titles get updated with changes, so it's hard to find JUST random games you night want to try. Like, I couldn't randomly see a different region cheat list for a game I was having trouble with. I'd have to know the game code, and goddammit, I'm too lazy for that crap. You have to actually be actively looking for something in order to make use of it. It's not accessible for more casual viewership.
That's not 100% bad, don't get me wrong, with accessibility comes stupidity, so there's not an insane amount of clutter on the Github, comment-wise, but sometimes casuals become people who make codes. Like... a lot of codes. That's how I was with the PSP. So it might behoove the whole collection if it was a bit more easily browsed.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually merge code into the existing codes, if some one creates new codes that don't already exist. Sometimes they'll go over the 50 code limit. That's just unfortunately a flaw with Vitacheat, not our storage system...
That's good to know I guess. Basically I'm trying to do some clean up and gathering all my codes posted here and get them ready to summit it to github but certain games that are already on github is a mess. (I'm looking at you Metal Gear Solid HD collection) Like eighthdayregret mentioned, I don't think that list(or oder) is good enough for the kind of games we have right now.

It's mainly an issue due to the fact that the list of .psvs in the Github are listed by Game Code, but the titles get updated with changes, so it's hard to find JUST random games you night want to try. Like, I couldn't randomly see a different region cheat list for a game I was having trouble with. I'd have to know the game code, and goddammit, I'm too lazy for that crap. You have to actually be actively looking for something in order to make use of it. It's not accessible for more casual viewership.
That's not 100% bad, don't get me wrong, with accessibility comes stupidity, so there's not an insane amount of clutter on the Github, comment-wise, but sometimes casuals become people who make codes. Like... a lot of codes. That's how I was with the PSP. So it might behoove the whole collection if it was a bit more easily browsed.

I was thinking something like what gamehacking.org has where you just pick and choose what code you want and it'll create a custom .txt file(or .psv for us) for you to download but I doubt they'd want our randomly changing, memory swapping, filthy DMC codes.

All in favor of hiring a good English programmer to make us a newer and better vita cheat program:grog:.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to know I guess. Basically I'm trying to do some clean up and gathering all my codes posted here and get them ready to summit it to github but certain games that are already on github is a mess. (I'm looking at you Metal Gear Solid HD collection) Like eighthdayregret mentioned, I don't think that list(or oder) is good enough for the kind of games we have right now.

I was thinking something like what gamehacking.org has where you just pick and choose what code you want and it'll create a custom .txt file(or .psv for us) for you to download but I doubt they'd want our randomly changing, memory swapping, filthy DMC codes.

All in favor of hiring a good English programmer to make us a newer and better vita cheat program:grog:.
LMAO that'd be a good thing to see. But it'd still need the codelist like we currently have to work. XD

But, if some one wants to get a programmer involved, I would have no qualms with it being added to TempAR as a new tab. I had wanted to add something like that in myself, actually... The ability to load a .psv and add/remove codes in it. Grabbing those codes from the github automatically would be even better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would something like this be fine? https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/blob/master/LIST.md

Reactions: CrossOut

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
LMAO that'd be a good thing to see. But it'd still need the codelist like we currently have to work. XD

But, if some one wants to get a programmer involved, I would have no qualms with it being added to TempAR as a new tab. I had wanted to add something like that in myself, actually... The ability to load a .psv and add/remove codes in it. Grabbing those codes from the github automatically would be even better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would something like this be fine? https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/blob/master/LIST.md
I actually do use that list, when I remember it's there. It might be cool if that list were somehow more centrally located. The only reason I myself found that list is because Github can be confusing, so I was honestly just clicking on sh*t and seeing where it took me.
These are just like MY own impressions. I'm someone who'll dig for hours to find already made codes, or to try making my own, but at the same time, I'm so f**king lazy.
I think part of the issue is also the fact that this is a sub-sub-forum on a larger forum. Ideally, and I realize this is not something that's easily doable, the VitaCheat Github should be like a main subforum somewhere. A thread/topic per game, first post is the most current list of codes, comments are stupidity mixed with a bit of "Here, try this version of that code." The Github, feedback and collaboration-wise, is fairly limited. It's too bad the ISO Network sites are gone. That would be something that would be easily doable there. I've looked at GameHacking.org, and while their more prominent systems, like PS4, etc, have decent forums for what I'm talking about, the Vita (and a number of other devices) are just lumped into this horrible, cluttered sh*t-show.
Too bad the Vita didn't get the love it should have, or even a portion that the PSP got.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually considering asking someone. You think TheFlow might help? Also not sure if he was the one that worked on rincheat/GohanMem before. If not then was gonna ask another group's discord. Never hurts to ask around I guess.

Last edited by monodevil,
Reactions: protoye76

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually do use that list, when I remember it's there. It might be cool if that list were somehow more centrally located. The only reason I myself found that list is because Github can be confusing, so I was honestly just clicking on sh*t and seeing where it took me.
These are just like MY own impressions. I'm someone who'll dig for hours to find already made codes, or to try making my own, but at the same time, I'm so f**king lazy.
I think part of the issue is also the fact that this is a sub-sub-forum on a larger forum. Ideally, and I realize this is not something that's easily doable, the VitaCheat Github should be like a main subforum somewhere. A thread/topic per game, first post is the most current list of codes, comments are stupidity mixed with a bit of "Here, try this version of that code." The Github, feedback and collaboration-wise, is fairly limited. It's too bad the ISO Network sites are gone. That would be something that would be easily doable there. I've looked at GameHacking.org, and while their more prominent systems, like PS4, etc, have decent forums for what I'm talking about, the Vita (and a number of other devices) are just lumped into this horrible, cluttered sh*t-show.
Too bad the Vita didn't get the love it should have, or even a portion that the PSP got.
We could always just make our own forum. I haven't dabbled in web design in a while, but I could probably set us up a free website with phpBB. That wouldn't be a bad idea. Then we could have a forum of our own, with sub forums for each region and a thread for each game. As well as some tutorial and misc areas... and some shoot the shit areas for less on-topic stuff.
I'm actually considering asking someone. You think TheFlow might help? Also not sure if he was the one that worked on rincheat/GohanMem before. If not then was gonna ask another group's discord. Never hurts to ask around I guess.
Rincheat was made by Rinnegatamante. He would def not be interested in helping us, because FinalCheat stole his code for Vitacheat. I would assume a lot of vita devs wouldn't want to help with that, but it wouldn't hurt to ask, I suppose... I would probably just avoid asking Rin. He seemed pretty pissed about it when smoker brought it up on wololo forums. Rightly so, dick move to steal another devs work. Although, I wonder if the language barrier might've played a part in it. Oh well.

GohanMem was made by OneRice07, but I don't think he speaks english.

TBH, it wouldn't even have to be a scene member. Unless you're trying to make this app fit on the vita. A PC program could be just as easy to make. I could probably do it myself if I sat down and learned a bit more... I have a kinda similar program I made in BATCH that let's me choose which savegame to load for my PC games, since I only have 1 PC but 5 players... The code for this only has to load a plaintext file, parse all the text beginning with "_V0" and set those parsed sections up in an organized manner, and then be able to save that text as a .psv.......

Dammit, I hate you..... I might just learn to do it and make a new program for it.... Ask around if you want to, and I'll try to learn enough C++ to do it in the meantime....

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I hate you..... I might just learn to do it and make a new program for it.... Ask around if you want to, and I'll try to learn enough C++ to do it in the meantime....
I don't blame you lol, I need to be learning networking but keep getting distracted with code making whenever I hit a road bump. I wouldn't get too into it thought, I see vita emulation has started up..... or more like it exist. It'll probably be awhile before its fully runable so by the time you finish lelarning C++ we may see a half perfect vita emulation in the future and end up relying on that to make our codes.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't blame you lol, I need to be learning networking but keep getting distracted with code making whenever I hit a road bump. I wouldn't get too into it thought, I see vita emulation has started up..... or more like it exist. It'll probably be awhile before its fully runable so by the time you finish lelarning C++ we may see a half perfect vita emulation in the future and end up relying on that to make our codes.
Well, I don't have to learn ALL of C++.... just enough to read a file, parse out lines at specific spots, and add desired lines back into a new file. That part shouldn't be really difficult. There's tutorials for each of those things out there... I just have to make a Frankenstein's code of it all.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im pretty sure your codes are not static.
You will need definitely pointer/s.
I tried to find codes in the past on this game but all codes were non-static and also pointers were a pain in the a.. .
Sorry @tomberyx,the codes isn't temporary but definitely,if this codes is wronged don't post here,you have really this game?
You've tried insert code before begin new game or after continue before enter shop or setup Gunpla option?
Next time,i tried search to find codes for buildxp and OSexp!

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I made a forum for us!

Bad news! The first thing I did was log out to see if logging in worked.... and I don't remember the password...........

Well... I left the install folder on the website, I'll just reset it tomorrow and not make a new account at 3am.

It's bland and boring right now, and registering doesn't seem to work yet... And I'm tired and forgot my password.... but it's up.
http://bit.ly/VitaCheatDB

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I made a forum for us!

Bad news! The first thing I did was log out to see if logging in worked.... and I don't remember the password...........

Well... I left the install folder on the website, I'll just reset it tomorrow and not make a new account at 3am.

It's bland and boring right now, and registering doesn't seem to work yet... And I'm tired and forgot my password.... but it's up.
http://bit.ly/VitaCheatDB
lol Nice. Kind of doubt we need a forum though as I doubt that many people still own or even care about the Vita but I guess its better than having everything being posted and contained into 1 topic like we've been doing. If codemasters didn't get hacked all the time we could have used that site.

Also that forum is actually giving me nostalgia of old code sites from back in the day like Kodewerx and other sites can't remember the name of. Man I miss those sites:rofl:.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your website is working now.
i have just register.
Well, shit..... I'll probably have to make you register again when I reset. I really need to, because there were a couple things that I didn't quite set correctly, anyway.

I DO have access to the username/passwords, though, so maybe I can cut/paste that. Don't worry about your passwords being visible, though. They're encrypted on my list, so even I can't see them... I did try looking there first to figure out my password.

lol Nice. Kind of doubt we need a forum though as I doubt that many people still own or even care about the Vita but I guess its better than having everything being posted and contained into 1 topic like we've been doing. If codemasters didn't get hacked all the time we could have used that site.

Also that forum is actually giving me nostalgia of old code sites from back in the day like Kodewerx and other sites can't remember the name of. Man I miss those sites:rofl:.
Oh ya, it's way oldschool BB coded forums from the wayback machine. I definitely didn't spend way too much time on RP forums back in the day.

Everything is editable, so we can add logos/colors however we see fit. If anyone's good at art and wants to contribute a site logo, that'd be cool.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry @tomberyx,the codes isn't temporary but definitely,if this codes is wronged don't post here,you have really this game?
You've tried insert code before begin new game or after continue before enter shop or setup Gunpla option?
Next time,i tried search to find codes for buildxp and OSexp!

It was just an Information.
Yes, i have that game and did some investigations on it .
All codes which i found were non static.
I tryied the basic codes like HP,Money etc.
Maybe you found the right one but if you ask me , you will not be happy with your codes if restart psvita several times.
Dont get me wrong ,its just a comment;-)
I havent test your codes but i will do it next Time. I know, always test codes first and give a comment not reversed...

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forum isn't working out as well as I thought it might. For some reason, I can't seem to register or login... even after resetting the forum. It isn't an issue with forgotten password, it just doesn't accept my creds. I even tried uploading a new admin with basic login stuff and it won't let me login. -_-

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Forum isn't working out as well as I thought it might. For some reason, I can't seem to register or login... even after resetting the forum. It isn't an issue with forgotten password, it just doesn't accept my creds. I even tried uploading a new admin with basic login stuff and it won't let me login. -_-
Keep at it, if you want. It looks cool. Just like wololo.net/talk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...