Hardware Vita for £99 if you trade in your 3DS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what they already have a order for them so my point stands

Your point was that they're trying desperately to get rid of their stock which is incredibly stupid when they can't even sell it (if they have it). Just because Japan sales are bad doesn't mean that US retailers are panicking over it. No reason to try and have a "fire sale" of their product when they don't even have reliable info to say it won't sell.

You were obviously trying to troll and you did it badly.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what they already have a order for them so my point stands

Your point was that they're trying desperately to get rid of their stock which is incredibly stupid when they can't even sell it (if they have it). Just because Japan sales are bad doesn't mean that US retailers are panicking over it. No reason to try and have a "fire sale" of their product when they don't even have reliable info to say it won't sell.

You were obviously trying to troll and you did it badly.

i am not trolling

lest me put a example

i am a game store and i place a order for let say 50 vitas i already pay for them and i will get the 10 days before release while i wait il get some negatives news saying the device is not selling well over seas thinking i could be in a lost here cuz il get a stock of 50 vita in about a week i decided to put a offer like the one op is talking about to get rid of that future stock that ilwil have to try to get some profit

that's what i mean when i say the sure want to get rid of that stock

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am a game store and i place a order for let say 50 vitas i already pay for them and i will get the 10 days before release while i wait il get some negatives news saying the device is not selling well over seas thinking i could be in a lost here cuz il get a stock of 50 vita in about a week i decided to put a offer like the one op is talking about to get rid of that future stock that ilwil have to try to get some profit

I already said that US retailers won't panic over poor Japan sales. Sales trends in Europe and the US are quite different from Japan. If something doesn't sell well in Japan it doesn't mean it'll sell poorly in the US as well.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I mentioned, this seems to simply be a case of a company expecting to make sales to people who are unsatisfied with the 3DS.
With every console and handheld there is always a percentage that is not happy with their purchase for one reason or another and are looking to jump ship in the hopes that the other product will be preferable to their taste. (Or they only bought the one that came out first to keep them busy while they awaited the product they actually wanted.)

Reactions: 2 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
lol wow they sure want to get rid of their vita stock

Unless you've never been outside you'd be aware that these offers exist for every console. Trade-ups have been around for ages....
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/11/trade-up-to-a-3ds-with-gamestop-target-specials-this-weekend/

Don't make stupid comments with no justification behind them just because you're afraid of the Vita.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Seems like a great deal and I am a bit pissed as I traded in my 3DS to preorder a Vita and only got £100!

Gamestation are offering Vita for £179.99 if you trade a PSP Slim, if GAME offer the same (they should do it's the same company) I'll trade my Slim and get £50 off.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
i traded my psp slim and £50 for the 3ds :) so im theory i could end up with a vita for £150 if i retraded , but im sticking with 3ds the vita wont compete with the variety the 3ds offers along with its flashcard use and up coming titles it really doesnt compare.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless you've never been outside you'd be aware that these offers exist for every console. Trade-ups have been around for ages....
http://www.joystiq.c...s-this-weekend/

Don't make stupid comments with no justification behind them just because you're afraid of the Vita.

Not cross-company trade-ups. Don't make stupid comments without checking the facts, first. Trade-ups have always existed, yes, but only to the next console from that company. This seems borderline shitty, and I wouldn't be surpirsed in NoE gave them the idea.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

http://www.joystiq.c...s-this-weekend/

Not cross-company trade-ups. Don't make stupid comments without checking the facts, first. Trade-ups have always existed, yes, but only to the next console from that company. This seems borderline shitty, and I wouldn't be surpirsed in NoE gave them the idea.
Are you kidding?

When the DS Lite launched you could trade in your PSP and get a discount, it was advertised outside every GameStop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1