ROM Hack [Videos] Custom textures for pokemon

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
delete your old 8_ folder, then I think the decompress override is holding Control when pressing Process.

Then just take your target file you want to texture edit, drop it into GARCTool, process (it will LZ decompress it), then make your edits as if it were decompressed. When done just drop the 8_ folder back in and process (it'll compress them)

Thanks for the tip !

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete your old 8_ folder, then I think the decompress override is holding Control when pressing Process.

Then just take your target file you want to texture edit, drop it into GARCTool, process (it will LZ decompress it), then make your edits as if it were decompressed. When done just drop the 8_ folder back in and process (it'll compress them)

I got handled it this way: delete old 8_ folder -> open Garc Tool Dev -> open 8 File -> holding CTRL while processing -> done (8000+ .bin files) ->open a .bin file -> decompress it- > delete the .bin one -> open in Ohana3DS -> edit the file and save -> put the file back in 8_ folder -> open Garc Tool Dev -> open 8_ folder and process -> after 1-2 minutes, done! -> rename the 8.garc file and delete the old one.

Is this correct?

Reactions: XRaidersP

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got handled it this way: delete old 8_ folder -> open Garc Tool Dev -> open 8 File -> holding CTRL while processing -> done (8000+ .bin files) ->open a .bin file -> decompress it- > delete the .bin one -> open in Ohana3DS -> edit the file and save -> put the file back in 8_ folder -> open Garc Tool Dev -> open 8_ folder and process -> after 1-2 minutes, done! -> rename the 8.garc file and delete the old one.

Is this correct?

pretty much, yep. I think there is a prompt to say delete after compression so you don't have to manually delete the dec_.bin

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, do you think it'es possible to do the same thing with another game ? Super Smash Bros. for an example.
Thank for the tuto and the tool, would be cool when I going to show this to my friends. :P

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
you give some "proteins" to May, right? if you know what I mean :3 (.)(.)
Haha, yea.

Also here's what i've been working on in my spare time because im bored:
7Vaio.jpg

Tested and works in-game, hehe

Reactions: Thelostrune

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Batrimimina!

Trophies
XP
Country

Irumi`

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can we put custom texttures with r5 ??
R5 allows you to start the games in the selected language (if possible), increase the CPU clockrate on New Nintendo 3DS and make screenshots (and of course, bypass the region lock). Smea said "probably not in 2.5", for the romhacking.

NEKpewar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Why when I compress the 8_ folder (after texture edit) take me about 8 hour to finish the process?? Plz any to tell me how to do for process the folder quick??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat