Hacking [Video Tutorial] How To Make Your Own Amiibo Cards

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I want to rewrite my NFC Tag I*ve got an error..
Ready! Choose an action from menu.
Have retail locked keys: true
Have retail unfixed keys: true
Loaded tag file.
Current mode: NFC Write Auto
Place phone on the (blank) tag.
Tag detected..
Error: Error while writing main data (stage 1)
java.io.IOException: Transceive failed

Last edited by Phil5004,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I'm trying here with a friemnd's android but when I try to load the keys, it give this error:
64.png

what o do now?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey I'm trying here with a friemnd's android but when I try to load the keys, it give this error:
- snip -
what o do now?

It seems you use an outdated version of TagMo. Uninstall this version from your android device and use the one linked in this post instead, which has encryption / decryption already build in and doesn't require you to load the keys first.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and it gave the same error when laoding the amiibo.bin :x

Hm, that's weird since the newer version of TagMo should not need to load the key .bin files... Btw, reading the error message, are you using something called rootexplorer as the default file explorer on your android device? It seems as if TagMo tries to gain access to the key .bin files through rootexplorer but can't do so for some reason. Maybe try another file explorer then? I really don't know since I only loaded up TagMo once to see if it would run on my device. Haven't tried to write any NFC Tags myself since I ordered them just yesterday and they have not yet arrived in the mail.

Last edited by LinkFan16,
Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, that's weird since the newer version of TagMo should not need to load the key .bin files... Btw, reading the error message, are you using something called rootexplorer as the default file explorer on your android device? It seems as if TagMo tries to gain access to the key .bin files through rootexplorer but can't do so for some reason. Maybe try another file explorer then? I really don't know since I only loaded up TagMo once to see if it would run on my device. Haven't tried to write any NFC Tags myself since I ordered them just yesterday and they have not yet arrived in the mail.
hmm this is a freinds pone so I don't know but was just an " file explorer" , I tried to find the file by other browsing way but I could not find :v

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm this is a freinds pone so I don't know but was just an " file explorer" , I tried to find the file by other browsing way but I could not find :v

So I started searching a bit and found this post by @Pecrow:

I had a similar issue, the problem was that when i was searching for the bin files I was using a file viewer called rootexplorer, if i just used the normal file explorer the issue went away. Maybe this is it?

so rootexplorer seems to indeed be the root cause of the problem (no pun intended...). If your friend is around maybe he can help you with loading the .bin files using another file explorer

Reactions: Sliter

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can the N3DS/Wii U write data to these like amiibo for Super Smash Bros.?
By these you mean what?
Amiibos written to simple NFC NTAG215 from Aliexpress or wherever?
If so: Yes of course.
I bought simple NFC tags, flashed Amiibos like Luigi and Samus with my Android phone (and TagMo) on the tags and skilled them in Smash.
Then I took my already skilled real Link Amiibo, backed it up with TagMo into a bin file and flashed it to a blank NFC tag as well. This NFC tag got recognized by the Wii U as my real Amiibo and it's Smash level was kept. So I won't need to use my "real" Link any longer. :)

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during... +2