Hacking Question Video or Proof of Actual Cartridge Update

warren_briones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I cannot for the life of me find an actual video of the switch not connected to WiFi and it being updated via game cartridge.

All I find are cartridge licking videos :)

Anyone actually tried it?

I have a 3.0.2 (with splatoon 2 digitally bought) and a 1.0.0 (kept for homebrew). Now my kids want to play splatoon 2 together. I am wondering if i buy the cartridge and the game asks for an update on the 1.0.0 unit, will it require the switch to be online and thus instead of the 2.2/3 on the cartridge, it will update the switch to the dreaded 3.0.2?

edit: I found this one but his switch is connected to the internet on July. So, i can't really know if the update was from the cartridge or from ninty servers.

Last edited by warren_briones,

thedetire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Switch will update it from the cartridge,it won't ask for you to be online. (I did the same)

Btw. Playing together requires you to be online and thus will update your switch to the latest firmware otherwise you can't play with someone else.

Either way update your switch from the cartridge because 2.x is better. Don't stay on 1.0.

Edit: You CAN play offline. see post a bit down.

Last edited by thedetire,

kigwahon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks guys for your comments. I thought there was some sort of local multiplayer option on Splatoon 2. Well at least I know now that if I do need to be on 2.x.x I can just do it on cartridge.

Thanks again!

thedetire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems you actually can play offline (my bad). The switch will start it's own "wi-fi".
Also if you have two lan adapters you can connect with that.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You really should stop licking your videos, its not good for your health! "All I find are cartridge licking videos :)" and no I have never tried it :P

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7