Homebrew [VIDEO] GBA emulator on New 3DS v9.9U (Ironhax/TubeHax)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Heh, the video does show a glitch, pertaining to when you enter the first level. The swipe effect should be black, but it's the same color as Color 0 (background color).

Anyways, this is looking promising, and this is an unofficial beta from 4 months ago? Unfortunate that I have only an o3DS.

joekw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you go to Core Options it lists 'Dynamic Recompiler (restart) Enabled'

Playing Fire emblem sacred stones on N3DS at 60fps.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Heh, the video does show a glitch, pertaining to when you enter the first level. The swipe effect should be black, but it's the same color as Color 0 (background color).

Anyways, this is looking promising, and this is an unofficial beta from 4 months ago? Unfortunate that I have only an o3DS.

Let's wait until libretro releases the official release.

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MannCo, can you please upload a picture of you´re folder for me, please
Sure!
This is my SD card root:
o7HLCTi.png

The "GBA" contains the roms and the game_config.txt file

The folder "retroarch" is automatically created when you launch the emulator for the first time, but you can create it manually before running the emulator to place the GBA bios.

The bios should go here:
SD:\retroarch\cores\system

And this is my "3ds" folder where I place the .3dsx files:
vAgFn46.png

As you can see, there's the Retroarch.3dsx file (there's no need to create a folder with the same name, just put the .3dsx file in the "3ds" folder to see it in the homebrew launcher)

What is exactly your problem?

Sorry for my bad english, btw

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting "cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist" Ah i always run into troubles everytime i try to use retro arch in anything its ever been released on.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sure!
This is my SD card root:
o7HLCTi.png

The "GBA" contains the roms and the game_config.txt file

The folder "retroarch" is automatically created when you launch the emulator for the first time, but you can create it manually before running the emulator to place the GBA bios.

The bios should go here:
SD:\retroarch\cores\system

And this is my "3ds" folder where I place the .3dsx files:
vAgFn46.png

As you can see, there's the Retroarch.3dsx file (there's no need to create a folder with the same name, just put the .3dsx file in the "3ds" folder to see it in the homebrew launcher)

What is exactly your problem?

Sorry for my bad english, btw
upload_2015-8-26_13-27-28.png

I start the file from homebrew channel, but just crash and i have to a hard power off

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I start the file from homebrew channel, but just crash and i have to a hard power off

Same here. N3DS 9.9-26U, it just doesn't start up. I have everything for sure set up how it should be, can't imagine what's wrong. It's set up exactly the way others here have theirs installed.

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else has the issue that if you exit this emu through the exit option in the app you cannot start it again without deleting all the generated retroach files from your SD card?

Same thing happens to me. To close retroarch I have to hard power off instead of using the close retroarch option otherwise it will crash on boot up next time.

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is probably the boot.3dsx in your sd root. Replace it by this one: https://t.co/j2S2i49gyk
That did it, thanks!

It loads and everything, now I'm getting the "cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist" error, which I suspect is me doing something wrong this time. I put the bios in the correct place, that I know.

EDIT: Nevermind, I adjusted some settings I should have in the first place (VSync and Audio turned off) and it's working.

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it, thanks!

It loads and everything, now I'm getting the "cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist" error, which I suspect is me doing something wrong this time. I put the bios in the correct place, that I know.
Glad it works :)
If I'm not mistaken, you get this error because you didn't disable de audio. Try to disable it in the emulator settings.

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad it works :)
If I'm not mistaken, you get this error because you didn't disable de audio. Try to disable it in the emulator settings.

Yep, I just figured that out.

I really hope that's fixed soon, having functional GBA emulation in any state is exciting but no audio stinks. Does it work in any capacity for any games at all?

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant it doesn't have any gamebreaking glitches.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it only run at full speed on Ninjhax 2.0, or would a .CIA version have the same speed to it? Also, does it have the same ROM size restriction as CitrAGB, or would it work for playing larger games like Mother 3?

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it only run at full speed on Ninjhax 2.0, or would a .CIA version have the same speed to it? Also, does it have the same ROM size restriction as CitrAGB, or would it work for playing larger games like Mother 3?
Someone asked for a .CIA version on the original thread. It's explained there I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nobody yawn pls