loxolot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just got a PSP Go for cheap, and have managed to get 6.20 Pro-B8 permanent on it. I haven't been able to try to use Media Go yet (trying to get my hands on a windows machine), but I would like to know if I would have to alter anything with with this "version.txt" before I do so. I am having a hard time finding anything related to altering this file with 6.2 Pro-B8, but to be honest I'm really new to CFW on this platform.

So I guess my question in a nutshell is: Is there anything I will have to do to before I access Media Go with my current firmware?

Thanks for any help!

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version.txt can be opened and modified but any windows machine.. There are a couple of tutorials out there that will help you with such problems..

I would link them but rules forbid dur to content on said site.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Using 6.35 PRO i needed a 6.39 version.txt to prevent the constant Media Go prompt about update and it's continual automatic download. It works ok but using a current version.txt makes it far less painful.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hm, on 6.20 PRO Media Go just gives a yellow box at the bottom saying about an update.

It doesn't actually download it until you click it though.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't find anyway to stop the thing downloading (thanks to the limited options of Media Go) without the 6.39 version.txt.

I didn't think you even used Media Go in the first place!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E