PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this thread can help you:

Realizing this is a huge problem with alot of people on here, and using the tools and seemingly no universal fix. I have truly tried everything.

VCRUNTIME140.dll UCRTBASED.dll crashes are very frustrating issues
After installing many different things today, I still cannot get this to work.

Installed the all in one: Here

Repaired my Microsoft visual c++ redistributables (Start>Add or Remove Programs>Search "Microsoft">Find Microsoft Visual packs>Modify>Repair)

Uninstalled them, reinstalled them, tried different versions here from Microsoft

***NOT RECOMMENDED*** Downloaded them UCRTBASED.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL

***NOT RECOMMENDED*** I replaced them in system32 manually but I found they were actually there, so in my case I have no idea why the programs cannot find them.

You cannot register these specific .dll with windows, explain further why below.

Problem persists on:
HackerTools v12 latest, MakeRom, and ba-GUI-nnertool All latest versions of software, I have reinstalled them and tried that.

Tried putting the .dll files inside the root of the problem programs folders as a test, no dice either personally.

.DLL files without a server side will not register or de-register using RegSVR32 in CMD more information here I found on that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-prompt/44ebc140-9b8c-4120-a3d5-06d61cf68377 so registering these 2 files with powershell is not even possible, you recieve other errors trying it.

I also tried running CMD as an admin: SFC /scannow which should if you are lucky, find system discrepancies and do a scan, and repair if anything is found.

Problem shows up usually when Extracting or Rebuilding any CIA files.

Installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8, no changes as well.

Tried right clicking on application, and running said applications in compatibility mode. No changes.

Will be editing this with my findings until my solution arises, and i'm sure some of you will be able to fix your problem with this thread.

Last edited by PandaPandel,

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not download DLL from random places on the internet!
ucrtbase comes with windows, and if not present for some reason, will be downloaded by Windows Update.
ucrtbased is the debug version that can be get by installing Visual Studio, if some software are complaining about it, it was compiled as debug, and you don't really want to be running that unless you are developing that software (its slower than the normal one, eg)

All the VS Runtimes can be get in a single page from Microsoft:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
The installers will come with the proper updates needed by the DLLs packed inside.

Also, software's won't even run if they were compiled with a newer runtime version you don't have that have specific new features. If they are crashing, the DLLs aren't the cause, its on the software that uses them.
And I've no idea how the .NET Framework could help you with it.
It didn't work though I tried everything.

People suggested that here. To try and download them by hand.
Post automatically merged:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/post-10392477

This is where it was suggested

It didn't work though I tried everything.

People suggested that here. To try and download them by hand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/post-10392477

This is where it was suggested
Found in another thread the Net Frame work is used to run some older softwares

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's start by, link me to the download link you are using for all these tools, please!
Absolutely. I'll grab every link I just woke up so I'm getting moving but once I get to my computer I'll make a post.

I also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply. 💙

I'll be back in a little bit with the links, they were all legit releases it's strange.

Let's start by, link me to the download link you are using for all these tools, please!
Alright, So the first one I downloaded was PackHacks12, which is here https://github.com/Asia81/HackingToolkit9DS/releases

The 2nd App with issues is https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Ba-GUI-nnertool_3DS

And the 3rd app was a version of Makerom, but these 2 above are the ones I really need to work properly.

Super injector almost does what I need, It can Extract and Rebuild a CIA, but it cannot add a Banner to it, so I need another tool to make the banner and was hoping Ba GUI nnertools 3ds would be the one to fix my stale mate.

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's 18 executables in those compilations of stuff, can you describe what exactly isn't working for you? (like, what steps for it to not work and give the DLL complains from the start of the topic) ^^
It was always while extracting a rom, or cia.

So if I was using command line Hackertools and try and rebuild the CIA it just brings up these errors same with extracting a cia in ba gui nnertool

The only fix I found was finding another version of Hackertools(V9) is what works.

Managed to get my files extracted and rebuilt

But my banner.bin is sus from 3Ds banner maker which is also suffering similar errors when exporting

Ba gui nnertool is the only one that actually seems to render a banner.bin that has the proper stuff inside of it.

Even then I can't get my 3ds to read the banner.bin so I'm not sure if I'm encountering errors with that either

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you extract and try to run the scripts that use it? Maybe the command-line API changed after all :/

Well, you can try to install Visual Studio 2022, then install the C++ support, it will install the proper debug DLLs and your problem should be solved without downloading sketchy DLLs from the internet.
I think I tried this with the ALL in One, I also tried to repair the C++ ones I had installed.

I will try again. Do you happen to know about how to structure CIA files? I am wondering if my issue is coming down to the structure being off now. 3DSExplorer shows my Icon.icn having correct data, and my banner.bnr having the correct banner.

Custom banners are seriously such a pain omg

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, remember that to fix that problem you need to install Visual Studio, the software suite (https://visualstudio.microsoft.com), not the redistributable package.

But if you just run the commands by yourself, you won't need it, since that recent version of makerom doesn't need the debug runtime.

On banners, a good guide I remember using years ago was this:
https://zalods.blogspot.com/2015/07/3ds-homebrew-tips-and-tricks-ii.html
Some stuff might have changed, but checking the output when you run bannertool without arguments may enlighten you.

Then to create the cia you just need to follow the documentation from makerom:
https://github.com/3DSGuy/Project_CTR/blob/master/makerom/README.md
The explanation if well detailed
For some reason bannertool does not want to work properly as well :( when I opened it the other night, it just did a fast scroll of some commands without input and closed. I am so lost as to why I am having so many issues with so many of these banner makers but it sucks so much.

I appreciate you SO MUCH though like you have no idea. You are the best for trying to help me rn,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe this thread can help you:

Realizing this is a huge problem with alot of people on here, and using the tools and seemingly no universal fix. I have truly tried everything.

VCRUNTIME140.dll UCRTBASED.dll crashes are very frustrating issues
After installing many different things today, I still cannot get this to work.

Installed the all in one: Here

Repaired my Microsoft visual c++ redistributables (Start>Add or Remove Programs>Search "Microsoft">Find Microsoft Visual packs>Modify>Repair)

Uninstalled them, reinstalled them, tried different versions here from Microsoft

Downloaded them UCRTBASED.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL

I replaced them in system32 manually but I found they were actually there, so in my case I have no idea why the programs cannot find them.

You cannot register these specific .dll with windows, explain further why below.

Problem persists on:
HackerTools v12 latest, MakeRom, and ba-GUI-nnertool All latest versions of software, I have reinstalled them and tried that.

Tried putting the .dll files inside the root of the problem programs folders as a test, no dice either personally.

.DLL files without a server side will not register or de-register using RegSVR32 in CMD more information here I found on that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-prompt/44ebc140-9b8c-4120-a3d5-06d61cf68377 so registering these 2 files with powershell is not even possible, you recieve other errors trying it.

I also tried running CMD as an admin: SFC /scannow which should if you are lucky, find system discrepancies and do a scan, and repair if anything is found.

Problem shows up usually when Extracting or Rebuilding any CIA files.

Installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8, no changes as well.

Tried right clicking on application, and running said applications in compatibility mode. No changes.

Will be editing this with my findings until my solution arises, and i'm sure some of you will be able to fix your problem with this thread.
I would not trust those random DLL file websites, they're super sketchy. And often they won't actually fix the issue because the version the website gives you is not the correct version for what you need.

The files in System32 are 64-bit. If you are manually putting files in there be certain that they are actually 64-bit files, or you can break things. 32-bit files go in SysWow64. Sounds counterintuitive, but SysWow64 actually stands for Windows on Windows 64-bit which is what Microsoft calls the compatibility layer for running 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows.

I suggest installing every VC++ runtime you can find on microsoft.com, and make sure you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of all of them. 64-bit runtime won't work with 32-bit applications and vice versa.

ucrtbase.dll (non-debug version) is included with newer versions of Windows 10 and up but ucrtbased.dll (debug version) may require installing Visual Studio (2015?) to get it the correct way. Normally apps should be compiled as a release build to remove the dependency on debug DLLs but whoever compiled this seems to have failed to do that.

Reactions: PandaPandel

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait! Those programs aren't GUI programs ^^ When you open them its normal for a prompt appear, show some text and exit. You will need a command prompt to deal with them!

• One way of opening one is Windows + R, then enter cmd on the thing that appears and click OK.
  • It will open a command prompt on your user profile folder, normally C:/Users/{your username here}.
  • Then to use those executables, you have two options:
    • Copy them all to the folder your files are
    • Add the path of those commands to your PATH variable (PATH is an environment variable, a place where you can store parameters that your operational system will use)
Maybe in your case we can make stuff easier if you create an controlled environment.

Create a folder, lets call it cia_work, then you create a folder inside it named tools and create a file named open.bat (to create it properly you need Windows Explorer to display the file extensions, you can get that done by marking it on the "View" tab in any explorer window, but there's a lot of simple guides to do it on the internet, even by the hardest route you can get there in three clicks max).

Once you have it, put all the tools you want to use (the ones that just open a black window that closes quickly) in that tools folder.

Then you open the open.bat file with notepad and add the following:

Bash:
SET PATH=%PATH%;%CD%\tools
cmd /k "cls"

Once you double click on open.bat, you will now have a command prompt with all your tools available, so you just need to call them by name and they will display their help documents (normally, sometimes you need to add a -h or a /?, it will normally say what you need to do to display the help docs, if it have a good design). Then you can use those commands you find on the internet to process your banner, cias, etc.
HOLY SHIT you just saved my ASS with this what the fuck!!!!! Makerom works, and if I just type makerom, it tells me the list of commands.

I am assuming this works with bannertool as well?

PandaPandel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! The creator unhappily deleted the repository for bannertool recently, but you can get a properly build exe here:
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Bannertool_3DS
Or attached too ^^
YOU ARE THE BEST HUMAN EVER SERIOUSLY I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH

You have helped me immensely.

Now, I gotta just figure out the reason my Banner.bin files seem to not be working!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.