Hacking vcromclaim - extracts ROMs and manuals from NAND dumps

sonictails2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some more observations if you are using the software...

If a VC game had extra features added to it (like the Wi-Fi play option of Super Street Fighter 2 Genesis or the screen resizing mode of the Famicom Gradius 2), this software wont dump the rom.

Also, no matter what region, if the game is a Famicom Disc System Game (so JP Super Mario Bros. 2 and Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa) it looks like the rom wont dump in the programs current state.

Also, JP Wii/vWii NAND will have problems running the program in the current state.
To fix it, try commenting out line 327 in wiimetadata.py and remove the indent on lines 328 to 331.
This allows the software to look at each individual .tix file, no matter if it's a VC game or WiiWare channel, which will allow better catching and dumping of games on a JP Wii/vWii NAND.

Enjoy!

sonictails2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update:
Downloaded a Super Famicom game on the JP Wii Shop channel and successfully dumped the rom. The rom file was gibberish, but it can be easily renamed.

BTW 2 months until you can't add money to your Wii Shop Channel account anymore. Plan your purchases!

Joonboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue. when I run wiimetadata.py, I get the following
Code:
C:\Users\joonb\Desktop\vcromclaim-master>python wiimetadata.py \nand
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wiimetadata.py", line 396, in <module>
    nand.scantickets()
  File "wiimetadata.py", line 316, in scantickets
    tickets = os.listdir(os.path.join(self.path, 'ticket', '00010001'))
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: '\\nand/ticket\\00010001\\*.*'

how can I fix this. the ONLY thing want is my save from The Legend of Zelda....

Last edited by Joonboi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1