Hacking VC games from other countries won't run, even with priiloader hacks.

koffieleut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As the title stated.

I'm running 4.3e over component cables and have the latest version of priiloader installed.

On NTSC VC the Wii seems to softlock, no audio or video and I have to turn off the Wii manually.

I also have the black screen problem with pal VC after the first start. Only sound at second start but I believe that's the issue with my TV because the A+Z+2 method does nothing for me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't work that way either... at least to me but with Uloader maybe works (I just tested with usb loader gx).
You have to select the video mode you want to use in USB Loader GX, I've never tested it with channels but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Gecko OS is another option.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You have to select the video mode you want to use in USB Loader GX, I've never tested it with channels but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Gecko OS is another option.
The reason is that PAL consoles are stagnant at 50 hz in VC games, regardless of whether you forces the mode video, always show 50 hz and that's why NTSC VC gives black screen or games are accelerated.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
As the title stated.

I'm running 4.3e over component cables and have the latest version of priiloader installed.

On NTSC VC the Wii seems to softlock, no audio or video and I have to turn off the Wii manually.

I also have the black screen problem with pal VC after the first start. Only sound at second start but I believe that's the issue with my TV because the A+Z+2 method does nothing for me.
For patch a NTSC VC WAD for force it to run in NTSC in a PAL Wii, you can use @stev418's Custom NAND Loader MOD 1.1 which can be downloaded here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-nand-loader-mod-1-1.198242/
For apply that patch you will need the wwPacker v1.84 tool which can be downloaded here:
https://gbatemp.net/download/wwpacker.36649/
Greetings ;)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1