Homebrew VBAGX won't install properly

wanderindirk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, greetings from the freshest newbie here :) (I suppose).

Ok, first I'd like to provide you guys with some of my background info: I'm definitely one of the ultimate noobs out there in the Wii modding and homebrew scene, hence my virtually nonexistent knowledge of the whole thing.

Though, as expected, I still managed to softmod my Wii by thoroughly following the most obvious and helpful CompleteSoftmodGuide and so far I have not encountered any problem installing anything. Until now.

I've been trying to get VBAGX installed but to no avail. I downloaded and tried the official package from the site. Apparently the homebrew did get installed (using HBC), and a new channel popped up in the channel grid. Upon opening that the installer came up again saying (sort of) 'apparently VBAGX is already installed, do you want to uninstall it?'. Due to my limited knowledge, it went nowhere after this despite many trial and error.

My guess is that the installation did not really procede when I actually tried to install the thing, it just kind of added a new hollow channel into the grid. Further inspection revealed that indeed no new file was added into the VBAGX folder.

I tried googling and surprisingly found only one guy who encountered the same problem. The suggested solution was to 'install IOS58'. That bit once again confused me since I already checked: my HBC version is 1.1.2 running on IOS58 v24.32 (what is shown in the upper right corner of the HBC menu), so I suppose I must indeed already have a suitable IOS version... Right?

So yeah, any help would be much appreciated. I'd love to get the problem solved as soon as possible, as heroes cannot wait any further to battle the final big boss on my huge ass CRT screen. Just please spare me the most sophisticated jargon as much as possible. Huge thanks!

EDIT: would anybody recommend putting the folder of a properly installed version of VBAGX that I'd theoretically be able to snatch from somebody else? Since technically the homebrew is already
'installed', would that work?

I'm also fiddling around with RetroArch. Could somebody please enlighten me on how good it actually is compared to VBAGX?

Chump Monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i dont know how you installed it but here is what i did.

1. download the files : Download
2. open up the sd card on your computer
3. first put the folder that says "vbagx" (or something like that) onto the sd card directly, then put the folder that is inside the "apps" folder inside the "apps" folder of your sd card
4. download a GBA rom from a rom website like "coolroms" or "doperoms" and put the rom file into the "rom" folder located in the vbagx folder you put directly on the sd card
5. put the sd card back into your wii
6. goto homebrew and it should be in your list/grid

also delete the previosly related vba files on your sd card just incase they might screw up the process and delete that "hollow" channel that was on your homebrew channel from the wii

Reactions: wanderindirk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1