dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to start using VBAGX emulator on my wii, but the only GBA roms I have are the ones on my R4 for use with EZFLash 3-in-1. (They are S-Ram patched with GBATA, and trimmed with it too) Can i just drop these roms off of my r4 and onto the Wii SD card, or do they need to be patched/unpatched for them to work?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
dmonkey21 said:
I want to start using VBAGX emulator on my wii, but the only GBA roms I have are the ones on my R4 for use with EZFLash 3-in-1. (They are S-Ram patched with GBATA, and trimmed with it too) Can i just drop these roms off of my r4 and onto the Wii SD card, or do they need to be patched/unpatched for them to work?
What a stupid idea.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
do you have to be so rude?? (aimed at pippin)
how is it a stupid idea?
he is just asking a question.
yeah, he could have tried it out himself, maybe he already has, but it is not a stupid idea.

anyway, i would be 99% certain that it would work, since all sram patching does it change the way the rom saves (i'm quite sure), and i bet you that vbagx can handle that!
i don't think oyu can unpatch them, with gbata- as far as i know.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm almost sure that they will work, the patch should affect only the way they save but I think vbagx can handle it.
smile.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:

Well, a save patch would probably not remove compatibility with emulators, but you can't be sure until you've tried it.

Though if I were you, I would keep clean copies of your roms just in case you come across an issue like this. It saves you a lot of frustration in the long run.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
joshuatm said:
anyway, i would be 99% certain that it would work, since all sram patching does it change the way the rom saves (i'm quite sure), and i bet you that vbagx can handle that!

QUOTE(DaRk_ViVi @ Jun 12 2009, 06:42 PM) I'm almost sure that they will work, the patch should affect only the way they save but I think vbagx can handle it.
smile.gif

didn't you read what i put? sure i added more words, but yeah... or were you just saying you thought the same thing.
anyway op, did it work? any other questions that might not deserve a topic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.