asdf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I want to install Windows XP on my laptop, but I already have Windows 7. If I create a partition and install Windows XP, will I be able to see and use files and programs I install in Windows 7 and vice versa?

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will run into issues if you install Windows XP after having already installed Windows 7 because XP will prevent Windows 7 from booting up. I recommend you do some google research about installing XP after Windows 7.

To answer your other question you will be able to see most files but some program areas might be blocked due to NTFS security but I am just guessing on that one. You won't be able to use any programs that have been installed in Windows 7 unless they are stand alone and you will need to reinstall any you want to use on XP.

The question is, why do you want to install XP anyway?

asdf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lodis said:
You will run into issues if you install Windows XP after having already installed Windows 7 because XP will prevent Windows 7 from booting up. I recommend you do some google research about installing XP after Windows 7.

To answer your other question you will be able to see most files but some program areas might be blocked due to NTFS security but I am just guessing on that one. You won't be able to use any programs that have been installed in Windows 7 unless they are stand alone and you will need to reinstall any you want to use on XP.

The question is, why do you want to install XP anyway?
I have researched and there is a way to fix the boot files using EasyBCD.

And as for installing XP, I'm trying to prove a point to someone.

Anyway, thanks for your help. This can be closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol