used $60 fat ps3 vs $80 used slim ps3?

paracetamole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
idk the prices beginning with the 1st world wide covid lockdown but I just bought ps3 superslim 500gb for 40€, and a ps3 slim CECH2004A for 50€ amdist building a retro racing setup for gran turismo 5+6. since the PS5 is not sold out in local store in germany people started flooding ebay and marketplace sites with 2nd console of the respective generation ps3 / xbox360 in masses. I have like 10 PS2 consoles slim and phats with both modchips and/or hdd installed. but its my frist ps3 console yet. just because they are so affordable. I would want a large phat ps3 with the tendency to fail on my with an error after spending x hours setting up everything with cfw and stuff.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It really depends to some key points:
-Fat PS3 needs much more maintenance, especially if they're the backwards compatible models, but has access to perma CFW which grants it much more stuff
-Slim PS3 only has access to HEN iirc

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It really depends to some key points:
-Fat PS3 needs much more maintenance, especially if they're the backwards compatible models, but has access to perma CFW which grants it much more stuff
-Slim PS3 only has access to HEN iirc
Slim cech2501B with date before april 2011 are all CFW able.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember every PS3 is CFWable but only FAT models could achieve permanent one
All phats can cfw permanent

Slims cech2501B with date before april 2011 all CFW able permanant (Super small print on bottom black sticker will say month an year)

Slims Cech2501B after april an all models after need hen

Slim are def best in term of hardware and last longer on average

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...