Hacking USBLoaderGX & Ocarina GCT File

tazman998

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been having some trouble lately, downloading ocarina cheats through usbloadergx.
It says the cheats are downloaded, but when i get the cheat settings screen, it's empty.
The only thing i notice on that screen is a scrollbar at the top that says something like this:

<!--[if It IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie6 oldie" lang="en-US"> <! [endif]-->

Anybody have any idea?
It used to work fine, but without any change (on my side) it started doing this.
since then i've updated usbloadergx, but no change.

any help would be appreciated.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw another thread in here somewhere about this. I have been having similar problems. It seems that the website rejects any requests from a non-recognised browser - under which category the usb-loaders all fall.

The answer I have found is to download directly from the site (www.geckocodes.org/) on your PC, download the cheat files you want and then manually transfer them to your SD card / HDD (wherever your USB loader gx saves them) from there.

It's a bit long-winded but it does work.

Hope this helps.

PS. I use cfg loader.

tazman998

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, maybe i got the wrong file here.
I downloaded "r1218_mod07_patch.rar", which is suppose to have the geckocode download fix.
But when i unrar it i get a "r1218_mod07.patch" file.
I have no idea what to do with this file.

Am i missing something?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated USBLoaderGX, it should work fine with Cloudflare.

To help other devs:

You don't need libcurl! The fix is an easy one.

• 1 - Cloudflare returns "403 Forbidden" if there's a "Referer:" in the request header.
Remove that and it will either:

• 2.1 - Provides the file to download directly in the response,

• 2.2 - Returns "302 Found", and provides the requested host as new "Location:".
Up to you to read that informations and re-load the webpage automatically.

When there's a 302 Found, it also provides a Cookie but it's not required to keep it and provide it to the reloaded link.
It works fine without the "Cookie:" header.
But it's probably a good idea to add cookie support, in case they start using it to verify if you correctly passed the proxy.

I tried to add the "Referer:" header with the provided cookie on the reloaded link, to check if they were forbidding access to requests forged with a Referer tag without having browsed the requested website first, but it didn't work.
They don't care if you have the cookie set or not. Just don't use the "Referer:" header.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You probably installed the Full Channel.
Don't use that, it's not updated (it's missing a function to update it automatically).

instead use the Forwarder channel (TitleID UNEO), and place the boot.dol on your SD or USB in /apps/usbloader_gx/
This way, you can update the loader from the internal menu, or manually by replacing the boot.dol (it's easier than reinstalling a wad each time).

SimGBA

Trophies
Website
simonmcclenahan.brandyourself.com
XP
Country
United States
You probably installed the Full Channel.
Don't use that, it's not updated (it's missing a function to update it automatically).

instead use the Forwarder channel (TitleID UNEO), and place the boot.dol on your SD or USB in /apps/usbloader_gx/
This way, you can update the loader from the internal menu, or manually by replacing the boot.dol (it's easier than reinstalling a wad each time).

Sorry to be a newbie, but how do I do what you just said? I don't know how I got a full channel, whatever that is, I just followed detailed instructions to mod my wii, that was a year or two ago.

I assume this is the same problem with Configurable USB Loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The loader is provided in two different formats :

1- installed on the Wii (standalone version), it appears as a Channel on your system menu.
2- located on SD or USB, a "boot.dol" file launched from The Homebrew Channel.

1- The first one is the Full Channel, the program is installed on your Wii internal memory and launched through the channel. To verify that you are using this version, launch the loader and go to Settings > Credit.
Look at the top, if the version is followed by a "c" (3.0c) then you are using the Channel version.
This version is not updated anymore (because of missing updating code in current version).

2- The second one is the "boot.dol" version. the USBLoader's main program is not installed on the Wii memory but stays on your SD card or USB and you launch it from The Homebrew Channel.
the program must be located here :
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
or
USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
To launch the boot.dol, you go into the Homebrew channel and you launch it.

3- But there is another method to launch homebrew called a "forwarder".
Forwarders are Channels installed on the System menu, but doesn't contain the program you want to launch. It contains a little program which reload another program (it forward) located on SD or USB.
The Forwarder for USBLoaderGX reload the "boot.dol" located on your SD Card or USB.

The advantage of the forwarder is :
- You have a channel on your Wii, you don't need to launch the Homebrew channel first.
- You can update the program without reinstalling the channel every time (the channel is a forwarder, the program is on SD). Just update or replace the "boot.dol" file on SD card and the program is updated.

Disadvantage is that you need the file on SD or USB, but you already have an SD or USB inserted if you plan to launch USBLoaders (to store game covers, settings, cheats, etc.)

To check if you have the Forwarder, launch the loader from the channel, go to settings > Credit.
If you have "3.0" without "c", then it's the forwarder.

To differentiate the Full Channel and the Forwarder Channel, you can also use their TitleID.
On Wii, all installed program use TitleID. When you install the Wad file, the TitleID is often displayed.
Full channel has TitleID ULNR, Forwarder channel has TitleID UNEO.

If you want to install the Forwarder, I recommend to remove the full channel first (to prevent confusion).
Use a Wad manager and the Full channel wad, select "uninstall".
Then use a Wad manager and the Forwarder channel, select "install". and place these 3 files on your sd card:
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/meta.xml
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/icon.png

The files are located in the install package.
then update your loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: