Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

I have a Wii I just hacked with BootMii on which I put USBLoader Gx and I'm having trouble running a certain AR code on a GameCube game backup I made.

Certified working Wii side :
- game is running fine with Ocarina off
- game is running fine with Ocarina on an no cheat
- game is running fine with some cheats from the downloaded cheat file on
- black screen after launching game with desired AR code on (code found on a forum) whether be it alone or with one of the previously tested codes

Certified working PC side :
- game is running fine on Dolphin
- game is running fine on Dolphin with some cheats from the downloaded cheat file on
- game is running fine on Dolphin with desired cheat on whether be it alone or with one of the previously tested codes

I concluded so far that the issue is either Ocarina that can't run that kind of cheats (despite Dolphin being capable of running it) or that I'm doing something wrong when editing the txt cheat file.

I tried both textEdit on MacOS and Notepad++ on Windows. I tried adding the code to the downloaded cheat file and create a brand new one. Ocarina could see the cheat and each time but I got that damn black screen. I also tried to directly create a GCT file with a decicated soft but it still ended up in a black screen.

Would someone happen to know if Ocarina has trouble messing with some adresses' range or already have encountered the same kind of problems to help me ?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I concluded so far that the issue is either Ocarina that can't run that kind of cheats (despite Dolphin being capable of running it) or that I'm doing something wrong when editing the txt cheat file.
Its not a problem of Ocarina, its how nintendon't loads games. In short it "shifts" the internal memory addresses, so its a gamble if a code will work or not. Some might, some won't and some will crash the system.

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Its not a problem of Ocarina, its how nintendon't loads games. In short it "shifts" the internal memory addresses, so its a gamble if a code will work or not. Some might, some won't and some will crash the system.
Thanks for your answer it'll save me a lot of painfull time !

Backing up my games seemed more convenient but I'll focus on getting codes to work with genuine game.

AR codes are not compatible with Nintendont, must be gecko codes or wiird, on this page you can find some

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2165
Sorry for not having been very accurate, I found the formentioned code on the very website you linked. I have a bad habit of naming every kind of cheat code as "AR" despite them belonging to another device or being raw codes (is it the correct term ?). Thanks for pointing that fact, this will allow me to be more precise in the future and to avoid misunderstandings.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ocarina should work with those codes, you have probably to convert them or something like that.
too long time I didn't play with it but I remember using this to use cheatcodes on game cube games on wii (it let me to finish games I couldn't without this (like viewtiful joe 2, ikaruga or too hard for me games....)
I think it's explained in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-gamecube-cheats-with-nintendont-dios-mios-etc.313218/

usb loader gx had a fonction to download or convert it...
or like http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CheatManager
but the more lazy is from the wii with usb loader gx or another homebrew

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ocarina should work with those codes, you have probably to convert them or something like that.
too long time I didn't play with it but I remember using this to use cheatcodes on game cube games on wii (it let me to finish games I couldn't without this (like viewtiful joe 2, ikaruga or too hard for me games....)
I think it's explained in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-gamecube-cheats-with-nintendont-dios-mios-etc.313218/

usb loader gx had a fonction to download or convert it...
or like http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CheatManager
but the more lazy is from the wii with usb loader gx or another homebrew
Oh for god sake it worked ! I only missed the conversion to WiiRD format step. Thank you all so much for your help because I couldn't get close to this result without your assistance !

Reactions: flowlapache

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use too CheatManager to convert codes to .gct files, from .txt files (mainly for GC games), because I always did like that.

But UsbLoaderGx can also does it.

Simply put your cheat file in the "txtcodes" folder, then in UsbLoaderGX, in the game settings, click on "Ocarina" and set codes "On" or "Off". Then save. It will create the .gct file in the "codes" folder.

The advantage of it, is that it's a bit faster to test wiird codes (by enabling/disabling them via USBLGX), rather than quitting to Cheat Manager, to create each time a new gct file (for each test).

Reactions: flowlapache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game