Hacking USB Loader + No CD Drive

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've exhausted just about every option, from formatting from NTSF to FAT32, different USB loaders and force loaded for PAL/NTSC different attemps at WBFS both command prompt and GUI, nothing has gotten a game to load for me. Every USB Loader finds my drive and Games, but when I start them, it flashes green then after about 10 seconds it tells me to "Eject Disk" and some other info. I have no disk drive connected to my wii currently because it's broken. If anyone can provide any help I would appreciate it immensely. Thank you in advance!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's your problem... you have no drive connected. The USB loader will not work without a drive connected (see the thread about someone who wanted to use a modded version to have a wii with an internal HD)

It's how the loader is designed and there is currently no way around it... even if the drive is not working, it must be installed for the USB loader to work.

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the drive, and it isn't really necessarly not working, the ribbon connector on the end from the wii's motherboard isn't there, so i can't hook up the Mobo to the CD Drive, is there any ways around this ?

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am yet another lost soul who has no working CD Drive inside of my Wii thus rendering it useless. It was previously working, but a long time ago I had a bad accident while soldering a WiiKey chip to the CD Drive. I'm not only speaking for myself here, but, I wouldn't be the only one happy if there was a way for the USB Loader to not check to see if a CD Drive is attached. Is it even possible?

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange discovery. Seems like with no CD Drive connected, no NTSC games have been working for me, However, PAL games with forced NTSC do load, I can hear the game music and everything. I can move around the wiimote and select things ( with out seeing the screen ). This leads me to believe there HAS to be a way to get the USB Loader to work with no DVD Drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway