Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 21 2009, 06:24 PM) Found a bug..

If you connect to the network to download covers in the USB loader.. you will then be unable to connect to online games afterwards..

maybe a disconnect function is required on load of game ?

Only other way around it is to download your covers.. exit USB loader.. then start usb loader again..

I wonder if net_close(); should work for disconnecting the net when booting a game (i'm no programmer so, someone that have knowledge might have something to say about this)?

menu.c
Code:
void Menu_Boot(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂstruct discHdr *header = NULL;

ÂÂÂÂs32 ret;

ÂÂÂÂ/* No game list */
ÂÂÂÂif (!gameCnt)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn;

ÂÂÂÂ/* Selected game */
ÂÂÂÂheader = &gameList[gameSelected];

ÂÂÂÂ/* Clear console */
ÂÂÂÂCon_Clear();

ÂÂÂÂ/* Show game info */
ÂÂÂÂ__Menu_PrintInfo(header);

ÂÂÂÂprintf("[+] Booting Wii game, please wait...\n");
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ// ****************************************************
ÂÂÂÂ/* Turn of Network - would this be the way to do it? */
ÂÂÂÂnet_close();
ÂÂÂÂ// ****************************************************

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set WBFS mode */
ÂÂÂÂDisc_SetWBFS(wbfsDev, header->id);

paddy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:
sweet quad post noob...

but there already is a 30 sec delay implemented... if your HD isn't recognized in 30 seconds, it'll time out, and not let you use the loader... if your HD isn't being seen, the USB connector isn't supported. sorry

Thank you!

The Problem ist not, thats my Harddrive isn´t being seen the Problem is, thats may Harddrive is spinning
up, when i use the USB-Loader.

Regards
Paddy

elistan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if a bit off topic, I am using ultimate loader version 7.3 and I can't seem to make Monster Hunter G work, it just loads to a black screen after classic controller is connected.

Can anyone confirm if this game works with the loader ?

Thanks

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First tnk to all for this USB Loader

I use rev 7.4 and work very good, but with some ISO got green screen.
I have Wii 3.2u with cIOScorp rev2 fix, usb2beta3, cISO36 rev 10 and I have HDTV component cable.

Well some Iso like:

Rogue Tropper PAL
Ben 10 PAL
Mario Party 8 PAL
and around 10 mores....

What I need to set ?

I try:
Force NTSC and VidTV on - Green sreen
Force PAL50 and VidTv off - Fleak image
Force PAL60 and VidTv off - Fleak image
Force PAL60 and VidTV on - Audio Work but no image ( but game work)
Force System video - Green screen

Well I try a lot off combination but no luke

KaNiMziE

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:
any ideas why wiifit stops at about 24% and what do you do when it stops? do i reset wii or what

You talking about installing it?

I installed it just fine.

Just reset the wii and try again.
Could be the disc is dirty or has a lot of scratches.

I had super mario galaxy freeze on me when i first tried installing it.Restarted the wii and it installed no problem the second time.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KaNiMziE said:
First tnk to all for this USB Loader

I use rev 7.4 and work very good, but with some ISO got green screen.
I have Wii 3.2u with cIOScorp rev2 fix, usb2beta3, cISO36 rev 10 and I have HDTV component cable.

Well some Iso like:

Rogue Tropper PAL
Ben 10 PAL
Mario Party 8 PAL
and around 10 mores....

What I need to set ?

I try:
Force NTSC and VidTV on - Green sreen
Force PAL50 and VidTv off - Fleak image
Force PAL60 and VidTv off - Fleak image
Force PAL60 and VidTV on - Audio Work but no image ( but game work)
Force System video - Green screen

Well I try a lot off combination but no luke

KaNiMziE

Hi, did you try patch game?

Are you using ntsc wii?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@hungyip84 - GET BACK HERE and code the Ultimate loader some more
smile.gif

While the other project is nice and all, I think this is where it is ! The Ultimate Loader is hands down better ....

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some work with the code and while I'm not the original coder I'd be happy to try and help fix bugs that pop up. I added the ability to change the URL used to download the artwork and modified the auto update code added by Anarchia. I've also started work on the auto-update side of things to have it actually check the server for what version it has, and show the current version as well. I didn't get too far with this because I figured this loader would be dying off...

Anyway, as far as the online connectivity I'm not sure what other people have going on, but on 3 different Wii's I've tested all online functionality is working just fine. If you'd like I can test and look at adding some code to shut down the network connection before a game is loaded.

What other bugs are people seeing and what would you like to see added still? I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to code work on this project (I've got a few programs I am in the middle of writing), but I'm happy to do what I can.

For anyone that hasn't already seen it, I released v3 a few days ago here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

The source code and pretty much everything you need to get it going are in that zip file.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
There's plenty: game compatibility, device compatibility, faster and better ripping, and automatic updating of the loader .dol (like the HBC or SNES9x GX).

The problem with game compatibility, device compatibility, faster and better ripping, is that portion of the code is mainly coded by Waninkoko/kwiirk. The usb loaders that you see all over the place are just custom front end menus to the source code released by Waninkoko/kwiirk. So really for those 3 things to get much better, they need to release a new version of their loader so their code changes can be integrated. If you compare earlier versions of the Ultimate loader to current versions the rip speed is far better. 1.5 that was released by Waninkoko brought back most of the speed lost from 1.1 - 1.4, once his code was integrated into this project (1.5 replacing 1.4 version) ripping speed shot back up.

As far as the automatic updating of the loader, that is what Anarchia added into the code and what I built upon to get the version that I've released (7.4 rev3).

I'll be updating the auto update system so that it is intelligent, ie. it looks to see what version is available before downloading the updated .dol file.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I do see the online problem... What happens is, if the network connection is initialized (you download cover art) then the game can't properly see the network connection..

Looking into it and fixing it now...

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i like this loader better cos you can make skins for it. can't do that with the other GUI the spinning cd and mote support is nice but that's not what i need.

I have made the GUI loader to have a custom background =) Stay tuned on the GUI loader. By the end of this week, you can create your own theme for that loader

I always want to do some more on this loader but to be honest, I don't know what else I could add here.

@fors

Thanks for looking at the shutdown problem for me =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye