• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you want cheats on neek, the loader needs to generate the gct file, then generate a new neek settings with all the patches you want from USBGX settings (video mode, cheats, aspect ratio, etc.), then launch it.
to do that, usbgx needs the neek setting's structure, like it's doing with nintendont.

It's not too hard to implement.
I didn't take time to do it when I worked on neek, I just released the minimum requirement to auto-launch from the loader. But it was planed.
I also hoped I could add disc launching, but neek2o disabled autoboot disc channel on r96. He probably fixed it on the next/future/final version. it'll have to be added either once released, or anticipated if we (gx dev) can work together.

Reactions: Brand Newman

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
would be amazing if all dithering could be removed and full 24bit color applied

edit: "wii used 32bit internally, and FrontBuffer was usually 16bit to save VRam"
It was tested during development, but the results weren't great. And we can only assume that forcing 24-bit colour on real hardware might cause performance or memory issues.

https://gbatemp.net/posts/9481457

You can manually patch dol files and configure the loader to use it, if you really want to try.

By the way, can someone explain me what deflicker does?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-disable-the-wiis-de-flicker-filter.477163/

I also hoped I could add disc launching, but neek2o disabled autoboot disc channel on r96. He probably fixed it on the next/future/final version. it'll have to be added either once released, or anticipated if we (gx dev) can work together.
It looks like the last version was r96 from 2013, so I guess it'll remain that way unless someone picks up that project and fixes the issues.

I might look into adding cheat support, but it's not going to be a high priority thing since so few people use neek2o these days.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks like the last version was r96 from 2013, so I guess it'll remain that way unless someone picks up that project and fixes the issues.
Well, OverJoy is still working on it. not releasing any beta or intermediary version, he plan to only release one complete finale release with all fixes.
That's why I said "or work with him to prepare the loader for its release" but that release could be years from now, no ETA.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Harol030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Either go to Settings > Update > Language Files or Settings > GUI Settings > App Language > Update Files. Then you can apply Spanish.
Worked Thanks but You have wad for redirect USB loader gx Mod on My SD? I hate Enter on Homebrew Channel every time...

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @blackb0x I'm loving the latest ULGX enhanced version!

BTW I noticed that as far back as v1271 the meta.xml file has a space before the name in the name field. This means that in the homebrew channel, ULGX is always first in the list, when displayed in the default alphabetical order.
I guess it may have been intentional by the original designers to boost their program to the top of the list? But I feel it is wrong, as it makes the alphabetical order no longer work properly. Of course it's easily fixed by editing the meta.xml and removing the space, that's what I've done with my copy, although I have to remember to do it for each new release. So would you consider implementing this fix in the next release please?

Last edited by fandango,

Harol030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Either go to Settings > Update > Language Files or Settings > GUI Settings > App Language > Update Files. Then you can apply Spanish.
The update option in USB loader gx Mod works? And why i can't play on wimmfi servers... I changed prívate server in wimmfi.de and not work

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worked Thanks but You have wad for redirect USB loader gx Mod on My SD? I hate Enter on Homebrew Channel every time...
https://gbatemp.net/posts/9544192

@fandango I can't be sure, but it looks like it was done deliberately.

Personally I like having the loader as the first thing in the list, since that makes it easy to find. But I'd be interested to know how other people feel about it.

The update option in USB loader gx Mod works?
Loader updates won't work until I release my next version.

And why i can't play on wimmfi servers
As long as your Wii is configured to connect to your WiFi and the private server setting is Wiimmfi then it should connect.

What game are you trying to play and what error code does the game give you?

Last edited by blackb0x,

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Troopage Update to the newest version, since that includes some fixes that might help with your situation. Just make sure you replace all of the files.
I'm very sorry for the late reply, I've been going through a personal rough patch. I believe I replaced all of the files accordingly, does it look correct to you?

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_220257056[1].jpg
    IMG_20210807_220257056[1].jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 114

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I personally like that the xml makes it so USBLGX appears on the first slot.

It is one of the most important types of homebrew, so it makes sense having it first. In fact when I saw why it appeared at the beginning, I modified the other apps to have a custom order depending on how often I used them. Much better that way.

Reactions: ca032769 and XFlak

Harol030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
https://gbatemp.net/posts/9544192

@fandango I can't be sure, but it looks like it was done deliberately.

Personally I like having the loader as the first thing in the list, since that makes it easy to find. But I'd be interested to know how other people feel about it.

Loader updates won't work until I release my next version.

As long as your Wii is configured to connect to your WiFi and the private server setting is Wiimmfi then it should connect.

What game are you trying to play and what error code does the game give you?
Mario kart Wii and says error 23904... And i tried deleting My save data and not work....
I changed the prívate server to wimmfi
If u can give me link for install forward... not like join in HBC every time for only Open USB loader gx Mod...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

por alguna razón cuando tengo mi controlador original y one motion plus y abro el usb loader gx se vuelve loco presionando solo los botones y es molesto, en algunos juegos tengo problemas de sincronización y eso no me pasa en uloader.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario kart Wii and says error 23904
Have you verified that your copy is good?

I'm currently away from my Wii, so I can't double check MKW patching via the loader. I will as soon as I can though, unless someone else can verify if it works with an unpatched version of the game.

uLoader uses different cIOS than most loaders, but it was also compiled with a much older version of libogc. So it's hard for me to say why you're experiencing controller weirdness.

I don't personally have a motion plus Wiimote, so I can't verify if it's a problem. But if it was a widespread issue then I'm sure I would of received a few messages by now.

Last edited by blackb0x,

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you want cheats on neek, the loader needs to generate the gct file, then generate a new neek settings with all the patches you want from USBGX settings (video mode, cheats, aspect ratio, etc.), then launch it.
to do that, usbgx needs the neek setting's structure, like it's doing with nintendont.

It's not too hard to implement.
I didn't take time to do it when I worked on neek, I just released the minimum requirement to auto-launch from the loader. But it was planed.

Hi @blackb0x
this is a feature I miss very much and it would be great if you would implement it.

Why is this so important? Most VC N64 games don't run from EmuNand, so you have to start them via Neek. And that would be great if you could also use cheats as usual.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a lot of VC N64 can work on sysNAND AND emuNAND with the right IOS base.
But not a lot of users take the time to try all bases and find the correct one, and just end using neek for faster/easier launch method (or mostly because they don't know better).

We started a wiki with base and IOS version compatibility for VC/WW, you might want to take a look.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List
That list is somehow wrong as it was initially based on cIOS version only, while we found later that the most important element was the IOS it's based on.

Like you can see with N64VC, rev17 is often working where d2x v8/10 fails, but it's because rev17 is base38, while d2x is usually installed base56/57.
You can even try d2x base36 or 37 or 38, it might work.
You could install only one additional d2x base38 in slot 248 for example, and fix most N64 games without the need of neek. All you'll need to do is set the proper IOS slot to use (248) for these channels in your USB Loader's individual game settings.

edit:
like all compatibility lists filled by users, we appreciate anyone taking part of it, providing their results to help the community. if anyone tries a game not in the list or want to add a comment or fix an entry, feel free to write to me and I'll update it.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course