• Views 7,178,754
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, can anyone recommend me the latest/updated NES emulator for the wii? It doesn't matter if it's unofficial/port of an open source project as long as it has a stable release.
Thanks a bunch!

Is there a way to speed up USBloaderGX startup time? it takes around 1-2 min to get from HBC to USBloaderGX. I don't know if this is normal.
I'm thinking it may be caused by my gamecube dumps, they don't have the TitleID in their folder, just name and region.

There is a "fast boot" option on the menu, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

These are basically my doubts, i'm not complaining or anything, just wondering what else can be done. The waiting time is not that much of a nuisance.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see so is that on a roadmap of this project?

As I said, that would have to be implemented elsewhere if it's even possible. USB Loader GX has no control over the console after a game is running.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, can anyone recommend me the latest/updated NES emulator for the wii? It doesn't matter if it's unofficial/port of an open source project as long as it has a stable release.
Thanks a bunch!

Is there a way to speed up USBloaderGX startup time? it takes around 1-2 min to get from HBC to USBloaderGX. I don't know if this is normal.
I'm thinking it may be caused by my gamecube dumps, they don't have the TitleID in their folder, just name and region.

There is a "fast boot" option on the menu, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

These are basically my doubts, i'm not complaining or anything, just wondering what else can be done. The waiting time is not that much of a nuisance.

There's a forum for emulators and yes, naming the game folders properly would help a lot. The loader has to open every ISO if it doesn't find the ID in the folder name. :)

Luxocell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Let me preface this reply with the following: Eternal thanks to everyone involved in the development of USB Loader GX. I will be forever and truly thankfull for all the work done.

Having said that, I apologize, but I'm looking for an answer:
I recently installed Nintendont (latest) and updated my USB Loader GX manually (from this thread). I have two GC games (on their respective sd:/games/name folders) but none of them show on the USB Loader GX menu. They do appear on nintendont and they both work.

What should I do to make those game appear? I already have configured the menu to show "Wii games" and "GC games" but still, the latest won't show.

I would be very thankful for help. Thanks in advance

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me preface this reply with the following: Eternal thanks to everyone involved in the development of USB Loader GX. I will be forever and truly thankfull for all the work done.

Having said that, I apologize, but I'm looking for an answer:
I recently installed Nintendont (latest) and updated my USB Loader GX manually (from this thread). I have two GC games (on their respective sd:/games/name folders) but none of them show on the USB Loader GX menu. They do appear on nintendont and they both work.

What should I do to make those game appear? I already have configured the menu to show "Wii games" and "GC games" but still, the latest won't show.

I would be very thankful for help. Thanks in advance

you gotta make sure your folders are labelled right and paths are right

Reactions: GreyWolf

Dragon16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Referring to this problem I posted here, as you can see in the video:

I discovered the problem here, as it seems the problem is the dvd player, as much as I'm loading the game through HD, it needs the player to work.
Will you be able to disable it?

Dragon16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make sure you are using ios222 for Mario party 8 .

Yes, when the dvd drive le the game the usb loader works perfectly, but when the dvd drive does not play, the usb loader does not load the hd game, it can be any game, mario kart, resident evil, any game.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using ios222 for Mario party 8 .

Mario Party 8 works fine with IOS56 patched with d2x. There's no need to use an old IOS.

I was under the impression that Wii games didn't need the optical drive but if they do there's nothing that can be done on the loader side to fix that.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's a forum for emulators and yes, naming the game folders properly would help a lot. The loader has to open every ISO if it doesn't find the ID in the folder name. :)

Thanks, it seems to have sped up a little bit, but the earliest i can get it to boot from HBC to USBloaderGX menu is 46s, whether or not "Quick Boot" is enabled. Is this correct? Or may my HDD be at fault? games don't suffer any lag however, it's just the initial load of the loader.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it seems to have sped up a little bit, but the earliest i can get it to boot from HBC to USBloaderGX menu is 46s, whether or not "Quick Boot" is enabled. Is this correct? Or may my HDD be at fault? games don't suffer any lag however, it's just the initial load of the loader.

It takes about 15 seconds to get to the game list for me and I have about 450 titles installed. I'm not sure what Quick Boot does, honestly. It may only apply to using GX as a loader from another app.

EDIT: I just looked at the source and can confirm quick boot is only for booting a title directly using USB Loader GX from another application. It has no effect on the performance of the loader. The standard naming scheme for GC game folders should be "/games/Game Title [TitleId]/" (e.g.: "/games/Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy [GXPE78]")

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It takes about 15 seconds to get to the game list for me and I have about 450 titles installed. I'm not sure what Quick Boot does, honestly. It may only apply to using GX as a loader from another app.

EDIT: I just looked at the source and can confirm quick boot is only for booting a title directly using USB Loader GX from another application. It has no effect on the performance of the loader.

Then I must be doing something really wrong here. FAT32 only one partition SAMSUNG 320GB external enclosure 2.5 HDD
Any other thing i can try?

Only two cIOS installed.
249: Base 56 beta53 alt
250: Base 57 beta 52v10 and I'm using 250 for all the backups like Cyan suggested a while ago.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick boot option is used to launch the game when you click on it, without opening the "game window" (the one where you select Start or Option)

The loader also has the ability to boot games using argument, it's launching a game "at USBLoaderGX boot" time, without loading the GUI.
It's used mainly with WiiSG/CRAP to make game channel forwarders installed on system menu. it's launching USBGX with a different game for each channel, it looks like you are actually installing disc based games as channels, but it's launched from USBGX, with the global/individual settings defined in USBGX.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick boot option is used to launch the game when you click on it, without opening the "game window" (the one where you select Start or Option)

Ah... I see it tied to nothing except StartupProcess.cpp during argument parsing.

@Alex658 Try using beta52 as IOS249[56]. Beta53 has issues. IOS57 seems to have a bit slower USB stack.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would cIOS 249 being beta53[56] be the one at fault here(?)
I just reconfigured it to use 250 for everything and 249 lies un-used.

I'm not sure. I use d2x IOS249[56] for everything except the Call of Duty and Just Dance games. They don't work with it.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm not sure. I use d2x IOS249[56] for everything except the Call of Duty and Just Dance games. They don't work with it.

Yes, but the reason i'm wondering about this is that those settings i moved thanks to Cyan's indications were only for the games-to-load, not the loader itself(?)
Where the loader seems to take the longest before finally booting is in the "Reinitializing Devices" part. like 15-20s.

If cIOS are used before getting to the loader itself, then i'll reinstall the 249 with beta52v10[56].

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the reason i'm wondering about this is that those settings i moved thanks to Cyan's indications were only for the games-to-load, not the loader itself(?)
Where the loader seems to take the longest before finally booting is in the "Reinitializing Devices" part. like 15-20s.

If cIOS are used before getting to the loader itself, then i'll reinstall the 249 with beta52v10[56].

That usually indicates either a problem with the drive or partitioning. The delay I was talking about with a large number of games is after the black loading screen where the standard white game list display comes up. The whole startup process takes about 5 seconds for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg