• Views 7,198,982
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, i tried changing game ios to 250. would that have the same effect?

If you used that guide it *might* work. IOS 56 is preferable to 57 but they're both better with beta52 rather than 53. Beta 53 is only useful if you can't use the first port on your Wii. It has problems with emunand and some Wii disc games.

For Wiiware/VC titles the best order to get them working is real NAND > EmuNAND IOS56 > EmuNAND IOS57 > EmuNAND IOS58 > NEEK. NEEK works with everything but it can't return directly to USB Loader GX.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you used that guide it *might* work. IOS 56 is preferable to 57 but they're both better with beta52 rather than 53. Beta 53 is only useful if you can't use the first port on your Wii. It has problems with emunand and some Wii disc games.

For Wiiware/VC titles the best order to get them working is real NAND > EmuNAND IOS56 > EmuNAND IOS57 > EmuNAND IOS58 > NEEK. NEEK works with everything but it can't return directly to USB Loader GX.
Thank you for the explanation! Will try installing beta 52 on both ios.

Reactions: GreyWolf

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either the disc images are bad or something is wrong with the way your HDD is partitioned. That error is coming from the game being unable to read its partition.

Dragon16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Either the disc images are bad or something is wrong with the way your HDD is partitioned. That error is coming from the game being unable to read its partition.

I tested this hd in three wii and it worked, but in this wii does not work.

I tried the pendrive and the error continues.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Time for a silly question!

Is it actually possible to load Wii games from SD card using USB Loader GX? I know the clue is in the name, but I have moved all my Wii and GC stuff to my 128GB SD card so I can use my USB HDD for Wii U stuff. I assumed this would be possible, but it seems I might need to use another loader?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not possible yet.
It can be added (will be, I don't know when), as it has been requested many times.
currently only wiiflow and cfgloader can do it.

greywolf: oh, it has wiiupro support?
Sorry, I worked on wiki this week instead of working on the loader.

About the pluginMod branch, I thought about the current revision numbering.
if we post new revision of plugin mod, they will share the same revision number than non forked version.
like r1264 could be a fix in plugin mod branch, while r1264 could be a new different release in the main branch not included in plugin mod.

I think it would be better to add a new value in the forks, in svnrev.sh :
FORK_BASE=<revision used to fork that mod>
for example, FORK_BASE=1263
this way, we can use this numering : USBLoaderGX 3.0 r<GIT_REV> PluginMod r<GIT_REV - FORK_BASE>

the only problem would be in case of merge, as the main branch will not have that code. I don't know how git is managing branch merging conflicts.

nagle3092

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am stuck and I figured I would make an account and ask. I dont have any gamecube settings under Settings-Loader Settings running R1263. I can rip my gc discs just fine but whenever I try to play one off usb it just asks to copy it to the SD card. My games play fine if I go directly into Nintendont. Any ideas? Sorry I am fairly new to wii modding but after a couple hours of googling I am spent. Disk is formatted as FAT32 primary partition if that matters.

Ok figured it out. I was using a wad from here specifically USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.wad. That was causing USB loader to not have any GC options when loading it through the channel it places on the home screen nor would it allow any gc games to launch despite setting it up through the homebrew channel. When I launch it through the homebrew channel it would work fine, with all the options.

Anyone know a work around for this? Is there another WAD I should be using?

Thanks

Last edited by nagle3092,

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the wiiu version, will the gamecube adapter ever be supported for wii games like smash bros brawl? On nintendont it works beautifully but I would also like gamecube support on the wii games that supported it through the usb adapter (not the mayflash wireless remote adapter)

I understand they are supported in the loader already, just wondering if any project by either usb loader or someone else is working to actually support the controllers in game. Or if such a project is at all possible...

(I know it would mean the world to many smash players and the competitive pm community)

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the usbloadergx-r1263 installer?

There's not one. Just copy meta.xml, boot.dol and icon.png to your homebrew folder as /apps/usbloader_gx

There's a post Cyan made a few pages ago with a link to a boot.dol r1263 but it's not generally available yet. The xml library is the only thing different from r1262.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For the wiiu version, will the gamecube adapter ever be supported for wii games like smash bros brawl? On nintendont it works beautifully but I would also like gamecube support on the wii games that supported it through the usb adapter (not the mayflash wireless remote adapter)

I understand they are supported in the loader already, just wondering if any project by either usb loader or someone else is working to actually support the controllers in game. Or if such a project is at all possible...

(I know it would mean the world to many smash players and the competitive pm community)

That would require patching the game and/or cIOS to poll USB controllers.

So I am stuck and I figured I would make an account and ask. I dont have any gamecube settings under Settings-Loader Settings running R1263. I can rip my gc discs just fine but whenever I try to play one off usb it just asks to copy it to the SD card. My games play fine if I go directly into Nintendont. Any ideas? Sorry I am fairly new to wii modding but after a couple hours of googling I am spent. Disk is formatted as FAT32 primary partition if that matters.

Ok figured it out. I was using a wad from here specifically USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.wad. That was causing USB loader to not have any GC options when loading it through the channel it places on the home screen nor would it allow any gc games to launch despite setting it up through the homebrew channel. When I launch it through the homebrew channel it would work fine, with all the options.

Anyone know a work around for this? Is there another WAD I should be using?

Thanks

Uninstall that WAD and use the UNEO forwarder channel. That's the old full channel and is no longer supported.

@Cyan I'm using the format "USB Loader GX v3.0 r<commit count> (<branch name>)" locally right now. It makes the loading screen show "USB Loader GX 3.0 r1263 (master)".

It might be better to just use a tag for the revision and skip the gitrev.sh so it can either show that or the commit ID.

"USB Loader GX 3.0 r1263 (master)" = tagged release
"USB Loader GX 3.0 6af29b3 (master)" = interim/test build

Reactions: nagle3092

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
not possible yet.
It can be added (will be, I don't know when), as it has been requested many times.
currently only wiiflow and cfgloader can do it.

Thanks for answering - I think SD support will become even more requested now most people are using their USB drives for Wii U game installs and many people are repurposing their massive SD cards they used to use for Loadiine.

I'll use CFG Loader for the time being, but I do prefer USB LoaderGX.

Last edited by sj33,

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So i tried installing beta 52 on both 249 and 250 and it still reboots into home menu. I think it has something to do with my hard drive, since it does work from SD.
I tried using another hard drive that was fat32 and it works as well. Wii and GC games work, but VC and WiiWare, nothing.
I formatted the drive using fat32gui before, maybe i did something wrong?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried installing beta 52 on both 249 and 250 and it still reboots into home menu. I think it has something to do with my hard drive, since it does work from SD.
I tried using another hard drive that was fat32 and it works as well. Wii and GC games work, but VC and WiiWare, nothing.
I formatted the drive using fat32gui before, maybe i did something wrong?

It could have a hidden partition on it maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1