• Views 7,204,867
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and forcing the users to register at wiiboxart.com, and adding user/pass inputs into the loader.

if that's the site they're switching to.

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sweenish said:
and forcing the users to register at wiiboxart.com, and adding user/pass inputs into the loader.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Jun 22 2009, 01:20 AM) Stage 2 is a members section which is also now created and active.
Members (people who donate basically) can now download covers of any size and type in a zip file.
The normal zip section on the site has been disabled but covers can still be retrieved one by one when required without donating - auto downloaders can still get the images as normal.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frostii said:
Help Please !!!

I'm trying to boot the loader with cIOS 222, but every time I open the gloabal settings and change it from 249 to 222, I then reload it and its reverted back to 249.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm using 4.0 PAL, rev 13a, latest loader.

Thanks in advance !
Just a guess but I would say the cIOS has not installed correctly, try following the instructions here

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
frostii said:
Help Please !!!

I'm trying to boot the loader with cIOS 222, but every time I open the gloabal settings and change it from 249 to 222, I then reload it and its reverted back to 249.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance !
Just a guess but I would say the cIOS has not installed correctly, try following the instructions here

Could having the cIOS installed at all really have an effect on the config file not saving or reading correctly? I doubt this has anything to do with weather or not your cIOS222 is installed or not but then I could be wrong. I'd delete the config files and start over - or at least manually look and see that cios=1 in your global config file. Are your config files on your SD card, USB drive or both? maybe even check the paths? This really sounds like a config file problem.

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Mantis41 said:
frostii said:
Help Please !!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance !

Could having the cIOS installed at all really have an effect on the config file not saving or reading correctly? I doubt this has anything to do with weather or not your cIOS222 is installed or not but then I could be wrong. I'd delete the config files and start over - or at least manually look and see that cios=1 in your global config file. Are your config files on your SD card, USB drive or both? maybe even check the paths? This really sounds like a config file problem.

I appreciate your replies guys, thanks.
For the record I'm using an SD card. I've tried installing 222 as 36 and 36 merged with 37. I've tried deleting the 0000001 folder and the config files.
I think I'll try this IOs downgrader and see how we go...
The only reason I want to boot with 222 is to play HOTD2 - it's the only game on my HDD that isn't working and it's bugging the hell out of me !
Thanks again!

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
silverbullet1080 said:
rustybanana said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I have the HDD (FAT32) connected to the Wii and when I open up USB Loader GX, it can't detect my HDD. Suggestions?

Yes, It needs to be WBFS for USBloaderGX to see it!
Aaannd now I have a black screen.

Why not format the drive on your PC uto WBFS with wbfs manager. It works great for me !

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sweenish said:

The servers didnt move , just a new address to stop a lot of confused people signing up at theotherzone.com forums which have nothing to do with wii.
Users are not forced to register , all boxart on the site is still free , but the wii's are now disabled from auto downloading the images unless you have a username and password.
There are new links created for the loaders so that they can download using the wii if someone has a username and pass for the site , and alternatively anyone can go to the site and get them manually.

The extra features on the site like mass zips of all covers in one, auto downloads from loaders , and some others on the way are restricted to members , but downloading covers of any type is still free through the website normal pages.

The reason for the restrictions was that the sites bandwidth reached 1000 gigs (yes 1000 , not a typo) and as such something had to be done to either cover costs or restrict downloads - either or both works. Since the donation amount is up to who is donating , anything can be given so no one is really forced to break their own bank (though i have found that the people who give the most to the community on here have donated more than the average user so thanks to them)

Anyway , I have shared the new links required for the fullcover and normal boxarts on the other thread and if any coders need more info just message me about it all.

3d covers are next to be adjusted for this type of system.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The cheat names are most of the time to long to display correctly in the listbox.
Can I manually edit the txt file to shorten the cheat titles?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mantis41 said:
Satangel said:
Thanks, but by downloading them, do you mean with the PC or with the Wii?
I collected all the covers I needed on my PC, put them via the PC on the SD card. I don't use my Wii for downloading, because it has no internet on it.
the Wii that way you will be sure they are the right size to display, also takes a lot less effort just press the button and wait for it to happen. Don't know why you would even try and do it on your PC, if you have WIFI just hook up your Wii and away you go, if not I guess you will have to do it the slow way just make sure the covers dimensions are divisible by 4 for example 224*160 not 225*160

cheers

Well, like I said before I do not have internet on my Wii. So it's impossible to do it on my Wii, m'kay.
So I do have to do it on my PC, and I don't care if it goes a little slow, I got time enough.
And my covers are 176x248

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was absent for a week, and thought it might be good to have the xml file says which .dol to load instead of main.dol, and when I come back here I see there's an alternate dol loading, very great
gbasp.gif

I have a technical question, maybe for GiantPune :

I see there's a new way to manage error 002 for games like ghostbusters (fix and fix+anti).
I always used WiiGenericPAtcher to manually fix the error002 before burning a disk or uploading it to wbfs, and it woks great without the need for a 002 fix option in usbloaderGX.
Does these new games uses a new version of 002 and will need anti002 even after patching it manually or is it only a better way of fixing the same piracy check ?
Technical answer is ok, I like to understand how it works internally.

Thank you for all the effort the team is doing for this loader
smile.gif

Edit :
I found unicode bug on title naming. (on r564)
I'm using wiitdb.xml for titles name, and Okami is not working.
The title is ?kami in xml, and " Kami" (with the space for 1st letter) in usbloaderGX listing and game information.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The coders for this will need to change the 3d boxart link to :
www.wiiboxart.com/gx/160/225/Username/Password/RJ2P52.png
for anyone wanting to use the auto download system

Members need to use their own username and pass (possibly in a text file) that they entered on the wiiboxart website and the username will be locked to the first IP address used for a week at a time.
Coders can contact me if they have any questions.

Sicklinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so beeing on a dynamic ip like me sucks ?
i get a new IP every time i connect so i can download a cover once a week even though i donated ?

meh

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sicklinker said:
so beeing on a dynamic ip like me sucks ?
i get a new IP every time i connect so i can download a cover once a week even though i donated ?

meh

Its the only way i can rule out people sharing username and passwords , but if you use your wii to do the updates you can get all the new covers in one go.
Also , you can zip all the files in one go and have them all as a member , so you really only need to check in once a week.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way of getting this loader to support normal non 3D covers? I like the idea of the 3D cover but dont like the look of it when its scaled on my TV.

Sicklinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i always get this "Not allowed link unless you come from the index page"
and i DO come from the index page....happens in firefox

NVM: works in IE

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have register and make a donation to the site, I can download cover on my PC but I cannot download from the loader...

What I can do to download cover from the Wii (remember I have made a donation, so I have a login and a password)

Thanks!

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys great site and great thread. I have got the Gx loader set up and got all the new games and House of the dead 2 working, but my problem is I have 90 plus games on my hard drive is the older games have tried 2 so far and they don't work properly. I tried Golds Gym Cardio Workout it is ntsc and my Wii is pal so have force pal50 set. I tried different settings but can only get it to work with a green bar at the bottom of the screen. Whereas went back to loader 1.3 and it plays perfect. The iso was region patched when I originally had it on disc as well. Also just tried Super Smash Brothers havent tried different settings yet and it goes to black screen. What I am wondering is what settings you guys use for the older games with the Gx loader. It is probably my fault not setting it up right but any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1