• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
because they aren't affiliated with the site that hosts the covers. USBloader GX simply uses the site to grab covers from.

I was editing my post... It would be nice if the team hosted the covers themselves. That way there would be no ransom involved in obtaining covers as long as the GX team was receiving enough donations. I'd donate regardless of them hosting covers as a token of appreciation for all their hard work. Regardless I see that I'm not the only one willing to host a covers site. There are several web hosting sites with unlimited bandwidth and storage for less than $5.00 US a month. Probably a dumb I idea lol I made my donation... had to look a few pages back to find out where, though
smile.gif
WiiBoxart.com

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hello.
I'm looking about russian, korean, japanese, tchinese and schinese fonts who run with the USB Loader GX
thanks in advance for links or names of working fonts.
thx to PM me like i haven't time to wait answer on the thread.

EDIT:
Thanks to kyogc for his Tchinese pack.
Found Japanese font in post from yasun, thx to him.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While making a donation at Wiiboxart.com I got the following message:

"Thank you XXX, your Username and password has been set and should now be ready to use on the site.
The username and password login combination will be locked to your IP for a week ( You Ip address is : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Anyone else gaining access to the login details may get you locked out for periods of 1 week at a time."

Hey boxart ppl if you are going to punish folks for downloading from a different IP address simply authorize by the IP address! *smacks forehead* Authorizing by IP address makes more sense anyways. Then we could be downloading boxart without the need of a username/password in the loader, and we can stick with the loader version we like! Yeah... still have the option of username and password and the option to change IP addys if you move or something.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i headed to the wiiboxart.com website to manually get the last half dozen images that i cant get through usb loader.

go to the site in safari, click on conduit download. get screen of code.

go to the site in firefox, download conduit and a few other games, put them in my folder and i get

you have attempted to load a bad image SD/images/RSCP7D.png. most likely it has dimensions that are not evenly divisible by 4. way to go dipshit.

when all i did was download them from the site at the default settings.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
i headed to the wiiboxart.com website to manually get the last half dozen images that i cant get through usb loader.

go to the site in safari, click on conduit download. get screen of code.

go to the site in firefox, download conduit and a few other games, put them in my folder and i get

you have attempted to load a bad image SD/images/RSCP7D.png. most likely it has dimensions that are not evenly divisible by 4. way to go dipshit.

when all i did was download them from the site at the default settings.

For 3d boxart you have to change the size to 176x248 in the boxes at the top of the game list page. For 2d boxart you have to change the size to 160x224. Make sure you check the image properties before each download as sometimes it resets itself to 160x225 which is not a valid size for GX.

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dexter222 said:
While making a donation at Wiiboxart.com I got the following message:

"Thank you XXX, your Username and password has been set and should now be ready to use on the site.
The username and password login combination will be locked to your IP for a week ( You Ip address is : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Anyone else gaining access to the login details may get you locked out for periods of 1 week at a time."

Hey boxart ppl if you are going to punish folks for downloading from a different IP address simply authorize by the IP address! *smacks forehead* Authorizing by IP address makes more sense anyways. Then we could be downloading boxart without the need of a username/password in the loader, and we can stick with the loader version we like! Yeah... still have the option of username and password and the option to change IP addys if you move or something.

Good option, but that will not work if ppl have dynamic IP

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Offtopic: I've been getting a 403 Forbidden error for the last hour when trying to access wiiboxart.com.

LOL I thought they locked me out for suggesting the IP Auth in the chat box
smile.gif
- it happened while I was talking in there.

QUOTE(henkie @ Jun 27 2009, 12:07 PM) Good option, but that will not work if ppl have dynamic IP

I really doubt there are that many ppl out there using dialup for this. The vast majority of DSL and Cable users practically never get their IP addy changed. It's usually associated to the mac addy so even with a reboot ppl get the same number. Seriously... having IP based auth is really the way to go. That doesn't mean the username/password auth shouldn't work, too - you can easily have both.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dexter222 said:
I really doubt there are that many ppl out there using dialup for this. The vast majority of DSL and Cable users practically never get their IP addy changed. It's usually associated to the mac addy so even with a reboot ppl get the same number. Seriously... having IP based auth is really the way to go. That doesn't mean the username/password auth shouldn't work, too - you can easily have both.

Here in germany nearly every provider changes IP on reconnect (and reconnect is forces daily or at least regulary also)...

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still maintain that the vast majority of users have relatively fixed IP addys.

Regardless of all this... if the developers are going to have to take the time to enter a username and password option in USB Loaders it would be nice if they also allow users to input an alternate download site for cover and disc art.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

how do I download source code for this project? I clicked on source link on first page and that takes me to source code but how do I download it from there? TY

bula

never mind, got it. I just compiled my first dol...was about time.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSL typically doesn't have a static IP. i know i don't, but i could, as an extra service. and i'm pretty sure that most people who are concerned enough about having a static ip have cable anyway, so that's a dsl service that hardly gets used.

it's a poor system, currently. and they'll figure it out soon enough

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
DSL typically doesn't have a static IP. i know i don't, but i could, as an extra service. and i'm pretty sure that most people who are concerned enough about having a static ip have cable anyway, so that's a dsl service that hardly gets used.

it's a poor system, currently. and they'll figure it out soon enough

Most DSL (and cable) users are issued a dynamic IP address that simply never gets changed. It's not technically static, it just never changes. Some PPPoE providers change when you reconnect however even those tend to associate the IP address with the mac address and the user still usually gets the same address.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrimeTime 84 said:
The old Forwarder don't is compatible with most recent revision, correct? Always I tried, returned to the Wii Menu.

I'm still using the first forwarder I downloaded which is, I believe, 2 versions ago. I can't think of any reason to ever have to update the forwarder unless they make one that takes up fewer memory blocks.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Envido32 said:
Is there an option to download cheats for ocarina?

Not as of yet but there are other homebrew apps that work, I cant get the "ocarina" symbol to pick up any .gct files that are on the SD card
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4