Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
OuahOuah said:
Delete your config file to see if it reverse to normal.
Sorry but I have a ton of config files on my card. What is the exact path of the config file for this loader?
That it is for have config files in app/usbloader_gx directory ......

All files for one apps in one directory

And for channel launch you can recreate it .....
In fact in all case you can recreate it .....

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
What about an "AZERTY" keyboard ?
smile.gif

More "usual" than Dvorak I think
tongue.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY for infos and layouts.

olifr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
olifr said:
djmvt said:
schnitzelbrain said:
QUOTE said:
Hi there,

Tried compiling the loader myself on Vista 32bit but have exactly the same problem. Could not figure out where the problem came from but after installing the same devkit on my XP laptop I had no issues on compiling at all.

So it seems that Devkit and Vista don't play well together for some reason...

MvT

Mmmh, just took the v155 under vista32, compiles fine

By the way do u get the complete source, file by file. I take httrack, it gets me the whole trunk area

Hey schnitzelbrain,

Yeah I did, with tortoise actually but that doesn't make a difference as far as I know. I'm guessing it has something to do with the software already installed on my system, perhaps it's even the virus scanner, who can tell??

But anyway I have multiple systems here so getting the compiling done on my laptop is no problem for me.
smile.gif

MvT
I am able to build successfully the latest revision on XP but on Vista, it still not working (bin2s frozen...). As mentioned by MvT, perhaps a compatibility pb with the virus scanner (or any other resident application).
Anyway, I will develop on XP.
hello coderz,
I am now able to build the project on Vista
yay.gif

If it can help, to fix my problem I changed the properties of bin2s.exe (devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin) : set the compatibility mode to "Windows XP (SP2)".

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
olifr said:
olifr said:
djmvt said:
schnitzelbrain said:
QUOTE said:
Hi there,

Tried compiling the loader myself on Vista 32bit but have exactly the same problem. Could not figure out where the problem came from but after installing the same devkit on my XP laptop I had no issues on compiling at all.

So it seems that Devkit and Vista don't play well together for some reason...

MvT

Mmmh, just took the v155 under vista32, compiles fine

By the way do u get the complete source, file by file. I take httrack, it gets me the whole trunk area

Hey schnitzelbrain,

Yeah I did, with tortoise actually but that doesn't make a difference as far as I know. I'm guessing it has something to do with the software already installed on my system, perhaps it's even the virus scanner, who can tell??

But anyway I have multiple systems here so getting the compiling done on my laptop is no problem for me.
smile.gif

MvT
I am able to build successfully the latest revision on XP but on Vista, it still not working (bin2s frozen...). As mentioned by MvT, perhaps a compatibility pb with the virus scanner (or any other resident application).
Anyway, I will develop on XP.
hello coderz,
I am now able to build the project on Vista
yay.gif

If it can help, to fix my problem I changed the properties of bin2s.exe (devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin) : set the compatibility mode to "Windows XP (SP2)".
interesting. i was able to complie in vista 64bit sp1 perfectly fine.

geko37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why i can´t install Games ? With the coverflow Game Ripping is okay but with these 340.dol not. Als USB Loader works great here but these make a Codedump !

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Anyone got the 352 compiled ?
smile.gif

Got a compiling question :
-> I have TortoiseSVN to update sources on my PC
-> I use Programer Notepad from DevKitPro => ALT+2 toi clean and ALT+1 to make, from the project "guipnprog".
After compiling, TortoiseSVN notice me of a problem with the project file : red icon instead of green icon in Windows Explorer.
Is it still ok ?

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
guys,

Anyone having probs with theme changes in the latest revision? the images are all over the place.

the default is fine, however all other themes are offset, even with the widescreen setting on

Didibochum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
i think i have a bug on my Wii, perhaps anyone too. Since a couple of revs, i cant shutdown my Wii to iddle with the Wiimote or on the console themselve. Only in the USB Loader i can do that. Sometimes i would like to load the batterys of my Wiimotes in the Loader which is connected to one of the Wii USB Ports.
Has someone else also this problem ??

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Got a code dump with 352 when I click on star for credits.
And a bug : I have french.txt in SD:/config/language/ (with correct path in settings) and... still english.

Maybe they are related, maybe not...

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i want to save space when compiling, i can simply delete the language folder and then compile, correct? i have no need to waste space on other languages when i compile my own builds...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    Veho @ Veho: It inserts a newline in a random spot.