• Likes 48

RetraCarteR

Newcomer
Trophies
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the updates! I'll be sure to try them out later today.

Just one thing: I saw that along with your cIOS update, you changed the recommended installation slot order so that base IOS 56 is now the default instead of base 57. Why is that? Has base 57 finally been conclusively proven to produce slower load times than 56? I remember that being "common knowledge" for a while, but IIRC, it was never proven to be true.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why is that? Has base 57 finally been conclusively proven to produce slower load times than 56?
The change was made because most games request IOS 56 or less, so by booting the loader with cIOS 249 (base 56) you'll avoid an unnecessary ISO reload, since the loader now picks the appropriate cIOS for each game.

There shouldn't be much of a difference between IOS 56 and 57 in terms of speed.

Last edited by blackb0x,

RetraCarteR

Newcomer
Trophies
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
XP
Country
United States
The change was made because most games request IOS 56 or less, so by booting the loader with cIOS 249 (base 56) you'll avoid an unnecessary ISO reload, since the loader now picks the appropriate cIOS for each game.

There shouldn't be much of a difference between them IOS 56 and 57 in terms of speed.
Okay, that makes sense. Guess I'll switch to the new recommended cIOS setup, then.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just noticed that the names I put for the games (for example, all Nintendo 64 VC games started with "N64" to clump them together) are gone and USB Loader GX is using what appears to be just the channel's internal names.

It must be something simple to fix but I can't remember what I had to change. The wiidtb.xml hasn't been changed with the update, so it must be a setting that resetted or something that I can't find.

ScrumpyDaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This update looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it.

However, I’m a bit hesitant as I’ve not changed anything for cIOS since I first modded my Wii U/vWii in 2020,

Could anyone provide a NOOB walkthrough to change to the correct cIOS configuration for this update? Sorry to bother!

Cheers!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed that the names I put for the games (for example, all Nintendo 64 VC games started with "N64" to clump them together) are gone and USB Loader GX is using what appears to be just the channel's internal names.

It must be something simple to fix but I can't remember what I had to change. The wiidtb.xml hasn't been changed with the update, so it must be a setting that resetted or something that I can't find.
The loader does have a built in way to do that, but that data can be lost when certain changes are made. So you'd be better off editing wiitdb.xml with any custom titles IMO.

However, I’m a bit hesitant as I’ve not changed anything for cIOS since I first modded my Wii U/vWii in 2020,
If you're scared of messing something up then don't bother updating. As long as your USB devices is fast enough you most likely wouldn't notice a difference anyway.

Here's a cIOS guide. You'd just use my installer and where they've got 56 you'd use 57 and where they've got 57 you'd use 56.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: Maeson

Roberto_167

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi I'm on vWii, have the latest version of cIOS and USB Loader GX, but I get a hard crash every time I load the app.

It goes through every step and after loading resources I see the home screen for a split second and crashes back to HBC.

Any ideas?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm on vWii, have the latest version of cIOS and USB Loader GX, but I get a hard crash every time I load the app.

It goes through every step and after loading resources I see the home screen for a split second and crashes back to HBC.

Any ideas?
It's a known issue and I'll release a bug fixed version as soon as I've fixed things.

For now you should be able to get the loader to work on vWii by installing the loaders UNEO forwarder and launching it that way.

Reactions: ber71

Roberto_167

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's a known issue and I'll release a bug fixed version as soon as I've fixed things.

For now you should be able to get the loader to work on vWii by installing the loaders UNEO forwarder and launching it that way.
Awesome, I'll try that and report back. Thanks!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The loader does have a built in way to do that, but that data can be lost when certain changes are made. So you'd be better off editing wiitdb.xml with any custom titles IMO.
I already was using a modified wiidtb.xml before, which is why it has me confused. I tried with a new one, and modify it again, but the changes to the titles do not reflect on the game list anymore.

Edit: Okay... I did a completely clean installation of USB Loader GX and it seems it works as it should now. After messing with stuff, it seems the one thing you really need to do is to delete the cache files (TitlesCache.bin, and the Cache folder with Emunand.Cache, Wii.Cache and Gamecube.Cache) so the next time you boot USB Loader GX, it recreates them with whatever names you put.

This also fixed the problem with the non-working synopsis.

Last edited by Maeson,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France

I have the same issue on Wii with d2x cios beta 10 and the latest usbloader. Is this the same bug ?

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
**I misclick repost the last post and I dont know how to delete it**
Post automatically merged:

It most likely is. And I've now had someone confirm that the bug is within the caching changes, but as I'm not able to replicate the issue it's going to be more difficult to fix.
Is there a way I could get a trace or a log file of what happen ? I'm willing to help on this as much as I can.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way I could get a trace or a log file of what happen ? I'm willing to help on this as much as I can.
Not with that version, but it might help to know a little more about you Wii. Like is it set to English, do you have a lot installed to your NAND, do you only have the d2x cIOS installed and are you using a USB HDD in the port closest to the edge?

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with v1280 and Nintendont MMMod 6.499. Previous version of USB Loader GX worked fine, no changes other than the recommended CIOS setup and overwriting the dol for USB Loader GX for the update from 1272 to 1280.

Games are on a FAT32 formatted USB HDD.

Basically, I click to launch a GameCube game in USB Loader GX, it opens the Nintendont screen, says "Loading patched kernel... 1" then "ES_Init... Done!", then freezes.

Using Nintendont directly through HBC or Fordwarder works fine.

I also tried deleting any Nintendont themes, as well as the Global Settings cfg for USB Loader GX just in case, which didn't help. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As I'm facing same problem (crash just after loading - older version works almost fine):
- Wii is PAL, set to English
- HDD is connected close to the edge (bottom) port
- d2x is not updated (yet?)
- app crashes when moved to new location (sd://apps/ulgx) - will it read old config/cache files (it starts with default theme and music)?
- app crashes even if HDD is disconnected (both on SD mode and channel only)
- 546 blocks are free on my NAND

Reactions: blackb0x

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't tested with that version in a long time, so I'll check it out. I know that the regular Nintendont version should work though.

- app crashes when moved to new location (sd://apps/ulgx) - will it read old config/cache files (it starts with default theme and music)?
It won't since r1280 supports multiple instances with separate config files.

- 546 blocks are free on my NAND
Can you tell me what games, channels and forwarders you've got installed to your NAND? You can send me a private message if you don't want it to be public.

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Not with that version, but it might help to know a little more about you Wii. Like is it set to English, do you have a lot installed to your NAND, do you only have the d2x cIOS installed and are you using a USB HDD in the port closest to the edge?
I have attach my syscheck below

What I have installed to Nand :
  • d2x-v10beta52 rev 65536 based on IOS 56 installed as IOS249
  • BootMii at IOS254
  • HBC
  • USB Loader Forwarder channel
  • Forecast Channel
  • News Channel
  • SSB Legacy XP Forwarder channel
  • Everybody Vote Channel
  • Mii Contest Channel

And yes I am using the external USB port (closest to the edge)

It is a PAL/EUR original white wii

Attachments

• IOSsyscheck.log.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 24
  • sysCheck.csv.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by Aeredren,
Reactions: blackb0x

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have attach my syscheck below

What I have installed to Nand :
  • d2x-v10beta52 rev 65536 based on IOS 56 installed as IOS249
  • BootMii at IOS254
  • HBC
  • USB Loader Forwarder channel
  • Forecast Channel
  • News Channel
  • SSB Legacy XP Forwarder channel
  • Everybody Vote Channel
  • Mii Contest Channel

And yes I am using the external USB port (closest to the edge)

It is a PAL/EUR original white wii
Hello,

Considering your syscheck report, you are missing two important CIOS (250 and 251) for some games to run properly.

I advise you to install them by following this guide ==>https://wii.guide/cios.html

or use Modmii to install your CIOS ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/

or follow @blackb0x instructions if you have GX 1280 version, here ==>https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx#cios-guide

check if you have activated in Priiloader, the following things ==> We recommend you to activate the following hacks: Region Free EVERYTHING, Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates
see Priiloader tutorial ==>https://wii.guide/priiloader.html

this will avoid making stub (empty) your CIOS .

Last edited by jeannotte,

Aeredren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Considering your syscheck report, you are missing two important CIOS (250 and 251) for some games to run properly.

I advise you to install them by following this guide ==>https://wii.guide/cios.html

or use Modmii to install your CIOS ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...i-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126/

or follow @blackb0x instructions if you have GX 1280 version, here ==>https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx#cios-guide

check if you have activated in Priiloader, the following things ==> We recommend you to activate the following hacks: Region Free EVERYTHING, Block Disc Updates and Block Online Updates
see Priiloader tutorial ==>https://wii.guide/priiloader.html

this will avoid making stub (empty) your CIOS .
Hmmm, wii updates can clear CIOS ? That's what might happen, as I followed thoroughly wii.guide back when I hacked this wii...

Thank you very much for the feedback :)

Last edited by Aeredren,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Hi how is everyone doing?