• Start date
  • Views 7,196,431
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I reading things correctly? Is the channel WAD finally getting an official update since 3.0? Where can I get it? Also while we're at it, Cyan told me there's a special forwarder than can load from SD or USB, where can I get that too?

About the tap, I hope it's optional because I never really liked having tabs, I prefer having all my games listed together and I can select wither I want to load only Wii/Wiiware/GC etc.

Edit: I also noticed r1239 is the latest version, is this the one that fixes Nintendont HiD problem? Thank you!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
About the tap, I hope it's optional because I never really liked having tabs, I prefer having all my games listed together and I can select wither I want to load only Wii/Wiiware/GC etc.

Edit: I also noticed r1239 is the latest version, is this the one that fixes Nintendont HiD problem? Thank you!

With tabs, you can also select what to list

The HID problem is NOT a ULGX problem and been fixed in nintendont r324

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
With tabs, you can also select what to list

The HID problem is NOT a ULGX problem and been fixed in nintendont r324
I still don't like the taps, I'm sorry but I really hope for an option to disable them, if it's not for nee2o I wouldn't need to update but I know I'm gonna need that!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I remove the top bar alltogether?
The same way you move them, but give out of screen coordinates.
Though, you might want a way to access some icons (favorite ? if it's set and you want to disable it, Origin? If you have only Wii and wand to display WiiWare, etc.)

Am I reading things correctly? Is the channel WAD finally getting an official update since 3.0? Where can I get it? Also while we're at it, Cyan told me there's a special forwarder than can load from SD or USB, where can I get that too?

Ohla, don't be so hasty. The tab theme is not due tomorrow.
The current tab theme is a modded version made by other users, it's not official.
To become official, I guess it will be ... in one year at least seeing as fast I am to code.
And of course it will be optional.

The Full channel version will be released soon (before google code closes, because I need to update the update path first). No ETA. It will be available when I'll do it. I don't know when. It will require proper testing, vWii integration, etc.

The Forwarder is NOT special at all.
It's the official forwarder that you find everywhere : first post, googlecode, mediafire, sourceforge, etc.
Last forwarder version is v5.1

1239 is last on the internal updater and is working fine with nintendont.
You even have a pre release of r1244 ! why not use it instead of 1239 ? don't go back if all works fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I said I won't release beta or mods on public anymore as everybody used them as official release and didn't bother reporting issues or even telling me if everything was working.
if a user really want to help me test, I provide it privately and explain what need to be tested.

Sonictopfan tested few things, and there are others to be tested but it's hard to explain or understand (I'm not even sure if that will be useful to end user, but I felt like it should be done).
controller.ini is auto-copied to the other device if missing (you have it on SD? you launch a USB game? the loader copy controller.ini for you ! nintendont is not doing it)
It's transparent for the end user, so it may be hard to understand what it's really doing and how it's really working.
even more now that nintendont doesn't use HID setting anymore.
I will do the tests myself.

Usual repository is linked on the first post, on googlecode homepage too.
It's the mediafire shared folder.
it contains all releases since 2.0
edit : https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Fair enough, well if you need some tester just PM me. I think it wiser keep them private, because some users use beta ones as official builds (example don't backup their old settings), or don't report problems against the latest working.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The same way you move them, but give out of screen coordinates.
Though, you might want a way to access some icons (favorite ? if it's set and you want to disable it, Origin? If you have only Wii and wand to display WiiWare, etc.)

Ohla, don't be so hasty. The tab theme is not due tomorrow.
The current tab theme is a modded version made by other users, it's not official.
To become official, I guess it will be ... in one year at least seeing as fast I am to code.
And of course it will be optional.

The Full channel version will be released soon (before google code closes, because I need to update the update path first). No ETA. It will be available when I'll do it. I don't know when. It will require proper testing, vWii integration, etc.

The Forwarder is NOT special at all.
It's the official forwarder that you find everywhere : first post, googlecode, mediafire, sourceforge, etc.
Last forwarder version is v5.1

1239 is last on the internal updater and is working fine with nintendont.
You even have a pre release of r1244 ! why not use it instead of 1239 ? don't go back if all works fine.
I'm using it, I don't plan on going back but I thought r1239 is newer (didn't notice the revision number on the one I was using) lol.

As for the forwarder I'm using the one in the front page, so I guess I'm all set, still wouldn't hurt to redownload it and install it over my forwarder just to be safe, I'm gonna need it for my brother's Wii anyway once he gets a hard drive.

About the tabs I'm okay with them if they're optional, I'm not sure why but when I tested them in mods before I didn't feel comfortable with them, I'm sure you can customize your tabs but I didn't feel like I like them this way.

One last suggestion, I'm not sure if this can even be done but USB-Loader GX takes sometime on start up to show the games in the list, it's because I have a lot of games installed and it's scanning for every game installed on the hard drive, I noticed EmuNAND is the slowest and seeing how I enable everything every time I start USB-Loader GX it takes some time to load, if I select only Wii or Gamecube it loads faster, but if I select only EmuNAND it still takes some time but not as long as when I have everything enabled.

I was wondering if there's a way to speed this up, like maybe it only scans for games the first time, then it creates a config file that lists all the games, every time you start it up it checks for that list instead of scanning for the games again, however if you change with the games, delete a game or add a new one, then there's an option to rescan for games again and synch, kinda like with MAME.

Thank you for the reply, Cyna, looking forward to the update for the channel version!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I believe EmuNAND improvements are on the list along with neek2o. Part of the problem is the NAND files are part of a complete filesystem and have to be looked through to obtain the title information. I'll look and see if there's a way to optimize it some.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The tabmod you tried is a quick modification of the interface.
It's not customizable and is missing choices and usability.

In the interface I have in mind it will be fully integrated and customizable.
It's only on my mind, I don't know if I will be able to do it the way I want.

EmuNAND improvement with neek2o is only for game compatibility, not for loader's loading time.
Adding a title cache is possible, I don't know if it's a good idea but I'll keep it in mind. I'll add it to the request list.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get my 2TB WD Elements HDD WDBU6Y0020BBK to work in eith usb loader gx, cfg usb loader or wiiflow, currently it's partitioned as
1TB ext4
500GB fat32
500GB ntfs
i'm using it via a Aten / iogear usb switch us424 / gus404, it works fine in Nintendon't with the fat32 partition
and WiiXplorer is able to see all three partitions.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's a HUB, it will not work with cIOS.
It works with nintendont and Wiixplorer because they uses IOS58.
Don't use the USB Switch, connect the drive directly to USB Port0

You can tell the loader to use IOS58, but it will not find the drive when you will launch a game as it reloads to cIOS.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
ah ok I guess it's classed as a hub then because it has 4 ports on the front,
the switch manually selects which device you want the 4 front ones to use,
I use one for my TV, Wii and Router.
Another question do all the usb loaders ignore .nomedia, .something files?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Question here:
if I install a WiiWare/VC game to my emuNAND using either USB Loader GX wad installer or showmiiwads and then I manually copy-paste the installed files into a another/different/second emuNAND, will the game in the another/different/second emuNAND work? Or it has to be installed again using the installer?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
EmuNAND improvement with neek2o is only for game compatibility, not for loader's loading time.
Adding a title cache is possible, I don't know if it's a good idea but I'll keep it in mind. I'll add it to the request list.

If titles are cached, then you have to consider ways to refresh it automatically or at least manually when there is any changes .
Telling noobs to deleted the cache files from SD/USB will be confusing.

I have many wii games and never have a problem, so may be caching only Emunand or those parts that are reported as slow?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Question here:
if I install a WiiWare/VC game to my emuNAND using either USB Loader GX wad installer or showmiiwads and then I manually copy-paste the installed files into a another/different/second emuNAND, will the game in the another/different/second emuNAND work? Or it has to be installed again using the installer?

I have never tried this so I am not really sure but unless the Emunands are built from the same wii (i.e same key) this probably won't work.
Even if the Emunands have identical key, you have to know where all the files are (game data, tickets and certs etc) for it to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I add the game cache, I will make it an option.
If the option is enabled, an icon will be added to the interface to refresh the game list (near refresh SD button for example).

But I don't know if that option will be good, like you said it will need manual refresh to see new games or remove deleted ones.

Ned:
.nomedia is used by android OS to prevent folders scanning for searching media files.
USBLoaders are not checking this file presence at all as it's not designed for them, and even it it were it would have no effect. You tell the loader which folder you want to use (in the settings>user path), it doesn't load any other folders.

Shiranui:
I think the extracted channel file is not signed for your console. It's the NAND itself which is console-specific, but on EmuNAND there's no encryption anymore as they are already extracted.
You can copy the file from one NAND to another.

don't copy all the NAND, only the extracted channel folder (title/00010004/TitleID/data/ and /content/) which contains both the channel and the savegame.

I didn't test, but it should work.
If it doesn't work, use ShowMiiWad to repack/backup save/restore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one