• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad it's fixed (without me having to fix anything lol)

Thanks greywolf.
Any fix is good to take ;)
even less important one.

if you make a patch or diff, I'll add it to next revision.
I'll check what you did and might change things (if I feel it needs to be done differently, as I'm more used to the loader's sources), but if all is fine I won't change anything. Just don't be upset if I edit it a little.

Reactions: Troopage

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it's fixed (without me having to fix anything lol)

Thanks greywolf.
Any fix is good to take ;)
even less important one.

if you make a patch or diff, I'll add it to next revision.
I'll check what you did and might change things (if I feel it needs to be done differently, as I'm more used to the loader's sources), but if all is fine I won't change anything. Just don't be upset if I edit it a little.

Almost there. I just want to test it a few more times.

I made it move everything that is saved to Settings.titlestxt_path (wiitdb.xml, GameTimestamps.txt, wiitdb_offsets.bin, and TitlesCache.bin).
If that is not the desired behavior the additional file moves can easily be commented or removed.

EDIT: Added patch file. It seems to work fine and it doesn't look like anything is locking the files or leaving them open. I'd give it a good looking at anyway, though. :)

Attachments

• CustomPathsSM.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Cyan

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice Metroid Prime 3: Corruption crashes when using an EmuNAND, at least under cIOS v10 Beta52. Not a big deal, as I can just disable it for that game, but figured I'd report it.

Also, any way to make Ocarina cheats work with EmuNAND? I'm simply curious as I've been using the Project M modpack with SSBB.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think MP3 is known to have issue with EmuNAND. I don't remember what users reported about that game.
Ocarina should be possible with EmuNAND, but current codes doesn't work. I didn't have time to look at the problem. I think other loaders are working fine, so I will have to look how Wiiflow or CFG are patching/launching games (when not using neek2o)

Ocarina works, as I created codes for EmuNAND and the loader are working with them. The only problem is codes downloaded from geckocodes are not compatible.

greywolf:
I think GameTimestamps.txt and TitlesCache.bin should remain in the loader's main folder.
but I'll check where they are loaded from.
thank you.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think MP3 is known to have issue with EmuNAND. I don't remember what users reported about that game.
Ocarina should be possible with EmuNAND, but current codes doesn't work. I didn't have time to look at the problem. I think other loaders are working fine, so I will have to look how Wiiflow or CFG are patching/launching games (when not using neek2o)

Ocarina works, as I created codes for EmuNAND and the loader are working with them. The only problem is codes downloaded from geckocodes are not compatible.

Thanks for the information. It's not that big of a concern for me, as I have plenty of space on my NAND for those two's saves, since the majority of my software/games run under the EmuNAND just fine. I just figured I'd mention them since I noticed those problems.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think GameTimestamps.txt and TitlesCache.bin should remain in the loader's main folder.
but I'll check where they are loaded from.
thank you.

The bin and timestamp files use the same path so if you move the title database it will start writing them in the same directory. I can modify the classes that use them to always write them to the loader's folder if you like. (I agree they should stay there since they're specific to GX.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The bin and timestamp files use the same path so if you move the title database it will start writing them in the same directory. I can modify the classes that use them to always write them to the loader's folder if you like. (I agree they should stay there since they're specific to GX.)
I checked the sources, the current path makes senses as they are all related to the Titles list/database.
Wiitdb.xml & wiitdb_offsets : the Title database
Game cache : The custom user's Title database (when you rename a game, it's saved here. This cache is loaded first, then Wiitdb complete the remaining game's titles with default ones)
Game Time : when you added it for the first time, to display "new" icon over a game

So, I guess it's fine to keep them all together. Maybe even making a default "Titles" folder on new install to make it cleaner.

On your Patch, I would remove the check for existing wiitdb.xml file.
You are moving the game cache and time only if wiitdb is found.
I'm thinking of renaming the option from "GameTDB Path" to "Titles Path", and checking all files related to Titles, as users not using xml have the other files present on loader's path.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the sources, the current path makes senses as they are all related to the Titles list/database.
Wiitdb.xml & wiitdb_offsets : the Title database
Game cache : The custom user's Title database (when you rename a game, it's saved here. This cache is loaded first, then Wiitdb complete the remaining game's titles with default ones)
Game Time : when you added it for the first time, to display "new" icon over a game

So, I guess it's fine to keep them all together. Maybe even making a default "Titles" folder on new install to make it cleaner.

On your Patch, I would remove the check for existing wiitdb.xml file.
You are moving the game cache and time only if wiitdb is found.
I'm thinking of renaming the option from "GameTDB Path" to "Titles Path", and checking all files related to Titles, as users not using xml have the other files present on loader's path.

The FileOperations class won't move a file if it exists already in the destination folder so I check to see if the files are already there and delete them before moving them if so. The initial check for the xml file is just so I can tell if there is anything to actually move. (The wiitdb.xml may not have been downloaded yet when the user attempts to change the path.) I guess I could make it check for and move all four of the files instead of only doing it if the main data file is present.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you should remove the check on Wiitdb.xml before checking other files.
GameTimestamps.txt and TitlesCache.bin are created on first run, even if Wiitdb.xml doesn't exist.
So, if the user don't use Wiitdb, but edit the path it should move files using that path too.

I think there's no need to check if the files already exists before prompting the user.
The only time there will be no file is on the very first launch, as they are written at loader's exit.
If there's no file, it will be checked in the CustomPathsSM::MoveDbFile class and nothing will be done.

I can do it, no need to make a new patch.

Edit:
I replaced the file check with a strcmp to verify the user really changed the path and prevent deleting files if he picked the same path, and trying to move inexistent file.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been away for a while, what's the progress - is Nintendont currently working properly with the latest rev?

zeka16

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have a softmodded wii that was working fine with USB Loader GX.

Messing about I restore Default Settings on USB Loader GX and now my hdd list of games doesn't appear...

How do I restore it?

Other usbloaders still work fine.

Thanks

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have a softmodded wii that was working fine with USB Loader GX.

Messing about I restore Default Settings on USB Loader GX and now my hdd list of games doesn't appear...

How do I restore it?

Other usbloaders still work fine.

Thanks

Set custom paths to your games folder.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii games or other one?
Wii games by default are loaded from /wbfs/
Gamecube games from SD:/games/ and usb1:/games/

Go to 4th icon from the menu and enable the Game origin you want to see.

Go to Settings > HDD settings > be sure you select the correct partition where your Wii games are located, or enable "multiple partition" setting if you have Wii games on multiple partitions.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, I won't leave my place until it's done! :bow:

nah, I worked on other things, few bug fixes etc.
You can see that in the blog that you refresh every hours lol

I need more testing (maybe users can help, but I won't be sure they did the tests properly) before releasing 1244.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, I won't leave my place until it's done! :bow:

nah, I worked on other things, few bug fixes etc.
You can see that in the blog that you refresh every hours lol

I need more testing (maybe users can help, but I won't be sure they did the tests properly) before releasing 1244.
Cyan , where is the change log for 1244?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol