Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1233_34 mod for Nintendont: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xk3l39

*Fixed the compatible issue with Nintendont v2.264+
*Added a new option "Wii U Wide Screen" for Nintendont v2.258+
(source/patch is in the attached below)

Thank you Airline38 for your mod . i can confirm it works perfect with the latest Nintendont 2.265

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seem to be having issues with some games. I ripped Mario kart wii from the disc i own but when i try play through USB loader it doesnt work. i have to play with the disc instead. Whats wrong with it?

Mario kart wii is a known working game. you have a bad rip, or you don't have the proper ios installed. Do any other wii games work for you? If not you don't have the ios249 installed.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does usbloader still not support loading wii games from sd card. I have been using usbloader for a few years now and really don't want to switch to wiiflow. I'm afraid of new things.

USB Loader loads games via SD/USB (FAT32/NTFS) just fine. Just be sure to change your game path in the options.

xombiemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader loads games via SD/USB (FAT32/NTFS) just fine. Just be sure to change your game path in the options.

No, it does not currently support loading Wii games from SD. Cyan has said that he will consider implementing it in the future, but that he doesn't expect it to be done anytime soon. Maybe with more requests it will get moved up the priorities list! ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm back from holidays.

I see nintendont detection broke again...
I will probably remove the USB detection, by now most users should use the USB-compatible version of nintendont (I hope so). checking if it's a very old version should not be needed anymore.

I'll see if the WiiUp/DS3 can be added too (I have maybe a too fixed idea on how to implement it, so your version might not be to my liking. I'll check the released mods sources).

Hi guys, I'm getting this error in GX when trying to boot a GC Game with Nintendont, for some reason GX takes my FAT32 partition as the second one and my NTFS like the primary, Nintendont works Great booting it from HBC, there is something I can do? Thanks in advance.
Maybe a bug in the HDD partition detection?
You never edited your Partition table to swap partition's order?
Do you have a not-usual setup? like primary partition not at the begining? (extended/logical, then primary?)
if you can dump your MBR (sector0) that would help me.
If you can't, I can make a version of the loader which dumps it to SD card.
But not right now, I'm still catching up with this past week's new threads/posts on the forum.

Does usbloader still not support loading wii games from sd card. I have been using usbloader for a few years now and really don't want to switch to wiiflow. I'm afraid of new things.
no, still not supported.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hello, I'm back from holidays.

I see nintendont detection broke again...
I will probably remove the USB detection, by now most users should use the USB-compatible version of nintendont (I hope so). checking if it's a very old version should not be needed anymore.

I'll see if the WiiUp/DS3 can be added too (I have maybe a too fixed idea on how to implement it, so your version might not be to my liking. I'll check the released mods sources).

Maybe a bug in the HDD partition detection?
You never edited your Partition table to swap partition's order?
Do you have a not-usual setup? like primary partition not at the begining? (extended/logical, then primary?)
if you can dump your MBR (sector0) that would help me.
If you can't, I can make a version of the loader which dumps it to SD card.
But not right now, I'm still catching up with this past week's new threads/posts on the forum.

no, still not supported.

HELLO CYAN!!! just to tell you that i'm so glad to have you back!!!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it does not currently support loading Wii games from SD. Cyan has said that he will consider implementing it in the future, but that he doesn't expect it to be done anytime soon. Maybe with more requests it will get moved up the priorities list! ;)

Err... yeah sorry I got that mixed up. I was thinking it was possible but I just remembered I used a micro sd usb adapter >.>' so hopefully you can see why I got confused.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some weird reason, any Wii games that i have on my NTFS partition aren't showing when using the loader. Although, the NGC games on the FAT32 partition are though. :S

I get the same with CFG Loader as well...

NTFS is first partition, FAT32 is second partition and active.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Active has no effect on Wii.
it's a flag for mother board's BIOS to know which partition to boot to launch your OS.

you can select the NTFS partition in the partition list? (well, in USBGX it's not a list, just click on the option to scroll detected partitions)
your games are correctly located in /wbfs/ folder? (you can change the folder in USBGX is you wish)
be sure to rename the game's folder correctly : /GameTitle [GameID6]/GameID6.wbfs

Check that wii games are selected in the loader's mode : 4th icon at the top.
check that you don't have favorite/categories/locked/parental control active

melack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some weird reason, any Wii games that i have on my NTFS partition aren't showing when using the loader. Although, the NGC games on the FAT32 partition are though. :S

I get the same with CFG Loader as well...

NTFS is first partition, FAT32 is second partition and active.

It happened to me too when I placed a .wbfs game into the wbfs folder directly. Use WiiBackupManager to put your games in the hard drive instead, to get the correct game folder structure:
wbfs/GameTitle [GameID]/GameID.wbfs

By the way, what can I do about the usbloader error: "This version of Nintendont does not support games on USB"?. I'm trying to run gx r1233 with Nintendont r266 (or r267) in order to be able to play Virtua Striker 4 . The latest Nintendont working revision for me is r262 (i.e, using usbloader gx). Thanks in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to add WiiU Pro controller to the loader, but it's really getting on my nerves now.
the controller disconnect randomly (like 5 second after entering in the loader, or when pressing B), and require USB cable connected to "reinit" the controller or else it won't even blink LED when pressing buttons.
And sometime I need to resynch with red button to even make it work.

I don't know if I have a defective controller
But I'll stop trying to fix all menus, I'll release it like that (some menu won't have proper calibration or interaction with the WiiUPro).
It's really really unstable. I don't like releasing it like this, but users want support for that controller so it will be an unstable implementation unless someone want to fix it.
I don't recommend using that controller.

@melak : next revision will fix this.

Reactions: masterpad

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm trying to add WiiU Pro controller to the loader, but it's really getting on my nerves now.
the controller disconnect randomly (like 5 second after entering in the loader, or when pressing B), and require USB cable connected to "reinit" the controller or else it won't even blink LED when pressing buttons.

But I'll stop trying to fix all menus, I'll release it like that (some menu won't have proper calibration or interaction with the WiiUPro).
It's really really unstable. I don't like releasing it like this, but users want support for that controller so it will be an unstable implementation unless someone want to fix it.

Are you using airline's patch, or a new code? airline one works just fine in every menu.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

did you check my latest patch yet? it has both DS3 and WiiuPro might save you lot of time
edit: check latest source patches link in my sig

melack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@melak : next revision will fix this.[/quote]

Thanks Cyan! I'll be waiting for the next revision :). I have to say you guys have done an amazing job so far. This is, simply put, the best loader for the wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I'm using Airline patch, but it's not working correctly.
It works only on "click button" not on "held buttons". (you can't grab, press +/- on carousel, etc.)

I fixed that, but my issue is different.
My issue is the controller disconnect and unsynch.
I can't find how to "grab+move" the 3D cover in the game info window. I can grab, but moving is hard to do because the Wiup use +/-1024 instead of +/-128 as calibration, and the values are in s8 in adaptative ursor speed.
I don't knowhow to "compress" the stick range to fit -128<->128

PS3 works fine, better than your patch abdallahTerro, and using ClassicPad mapping (not Nintendont mapping, USBGX is not Nintendont)

edit:
I can provide a test build to let me know if the issue is only on my Wii.
I didn't test on WiiU yet, maybe it works better.

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious how the Homebrew list is sorted (alphabetically, date, app size, etc...). I went and edited all of the meta.xml files for the various apps on my SD card, specifically so they would appear in the order I wanted. For example:

01. USB Loader GX
02. BlueMSX
03. Snes9X GX
04. GenPlus GX

But USB Loader seems to be loading these apps alphabetically, but as if the numbers I added to the names didn't exist. In USB Loader GX it appears:

02. BlueMSX
04. GenPlus GX
03. Snes9X GX
01. USBLoader GX

How is that possible? Does it read data outside of meta.xml to derive the app name? Or does it use a different method to sort apps than alphabetizing the names?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys, reporting a problem, Kirby Return to Dreamland hangs after Title Screen, I press 2 and it goes to a blank screen and I have to reset the Wii. Same game runing fine in WiiFlow using the same config

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show