• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

Boulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've been trying to get WiiWare and VC games run on USB Loader GX. I have updated my mods with ModMii beforehand and dumped the NAND with USB Loader GX. When I install a WiiWare WAD, the game appears in the list when EmuNAND is activated, but when I start the game, I only get a black screen. I have tried this with several different games. Can anyone advice what to do next to debug the issue?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get WiiWare and VC games run on USB Loader GX. I have updated my mods with ModMii beforehand and dumped the NAND with USB Loader GX. When I install a WiiWare WAD, the game appears in the list when EmuNAND is activated, but when I start the game, I only get a black screen. I have tried this with several different games. Can anyone advice what to do next to debug the issue?

Try more games, some don't work. :glare:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody made a list.
They usually use Neek/Neek2o mode instead, and only one game is not working. (I don't remember which one). all others have 100% compatibility.
So they don't bother to maintain a list for cIOS EmuNAND mode.

Just know that d2x has better compatibility for few games, and less compatibility for others.
N64 VC games are often not working with d2x, and require cIOS rev17 and rev19.
Older cIOS has different restrictions : path must be on the root of SD card, or on the root of the first primary FAT32 partition on a 512byte/sector USB.
If you have it correctly set, USBLoaderGX will let you select rev17-21 cIOS instead of d2x.

Boulder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OK, I'll try the UNeek way then. It just seems to be a pain in the a** to get it working as ModMii reports errors while building the set and doesn't give much extra info :angry:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can dump your own NAND or use your current EmuNAND for neek/neek2o.
just adds the neek files to your SD or USB in the sneek folder and the armboot.bin in the bootmii folder.

There's a sneek installer you can use to download, patch and copy the files for you.

Sneek/uneek require you to launch the emulated NAND then launch the channel manually when in emulated system menu.

If you use neek2o, it's fully integrated to the loader (but not USBLoaderGX yet), and when you launch a game, it automatically reload in neek environment and auto-boot the selected game. when exiting the game, it returns to real nand's USBloader, so everything is transparent for the user.
For setting and using neek2o, you should read the neek2o thread.

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, probably a "Duh" answer floating in front of my face but I can't see it. I dumped my copy of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door to an USB drive, installed Dios Mios 2.10 and R1218 of USB Loader GX.

The game runs fine off of USB, but whenever I try to run it using Ocarina for codes, it gives the oh so annoying "Dios Mios Screen-to-Never ending black screen." It just sits there until I turn off the Wii itself.

The game is in the generic root folder "games" and the codes in the generic "codes" folder both on the root of the USB, it registers that the codes exist, but the game itself won't load with them on, yet loads just fine with the Ocarina setting turned off. Not sure why, but as I said, probably a "Duh" answer in front of my face. So does anyone mind pointing it out?

EDIT: Probably should point out that the IOS is 249 for both loader and game, Progressive patch is off, NMM mode off as well, and the Block IOS Reload setting is off but is this one supposed to be on?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Slot number has no real value, as you can install anything in slot 249, telling us you are using 249 is not fully informative (you can have an old cIOS installed in slot 249, a different version, etc.)
And, don't worry about the IOS you are using, as the IOS slot has nothing do to with gamecube games: they only use MIOS slot.

I will try to debug your problem by eliminating possible causes:
- Did you try Ocarina with a different game ? If it works, then you know it's not the loader's problem, but something to do with Paper mario only.
If it doesn't work, you are probably missing a file : sd (or usb)/sneek/genobigc.bin (and as you are doing it, put kenobiwii.bin in that folder too, you could need it one day)

- How much codes did you enabled at once? try only one.

- Did you try to enable a different cheat code? maybe the one you tried has a problem, but other are working fine, so only disable the one giving problems.

- try a different version of DIOS MIOS.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, probably a "Duh" answer floating in front of my face but I can't see it. I dumped my copy of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door to an USB drive, installed Dios Mios 2.10 and R1218 of USB Loader GX.

The game runs fine off of USB, but whenever I try to run it using Ocarina for codes, it gives the oh so annoying "Dios Mios Screen-to-Never ending black screen." It just sits there until I turn off the Wii itself.

The game is in the generic root folder "games" and the codes in the generic "codes" folder both on the root of the USB, it registers that the codes exist, but the game itself won't load with them on, yet loads just fine with the Ocarina setting turned off. Not sure why, but as I said, probably a "Duh" answer in front of my face. So does anyone mind pointing it out?

EDIT: Probably should point out that the IOS is 249 for both loader and game, Progressive patch is off, NMM mode off as well, and the Block IOS Reload setting is off but is this one supposed to be on?

Remove any memory cards from Slot B on your Wii. If there is no card in slot B, your code must be crashing the game.

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan
1.) I haven't done a dump for anything else yet, but I plan to today so I'll get back to you on that, I'll also get those files you mentioned as well.

2.) Well the issue as of recently is that the code list no longer even appears. Instead it "detects" the txt file with the game ID but only shows a Wrench logo that doesn't do anything. As for the Code List itself, I'll attach a txt file with the exact list.

3.) The codes are all for the US game, as such I have the US Console, they should work fine, however I've noticed that some places I find them Decrypted, and some in their Encrypted format, which one actually works and which does not?

4.) I've been tossing this idea around, but which version should I try? Is there an older version you could suggest trying, one that's more efficient than others?

CheatFreak47
I believe my Mem card is in Slot A, and Slot B is empty as always. I can double check, however PM:TTYD reads data from Slot A

Attachments

• G8ME01.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 527

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the decrypted format (.txt in the /txtcodes/ folder) are the code lists, readable/editable by human on a text editor, etc. It contains the full list of possible/existing codes.
In USBLoaderGX you select the code(s) you want to enable, and you click on "Generate" to convert only the selected codes to the encrypted format (.gct in the /codes/ folder).
The encrypted format is the file which is loaded by the game.

I've read that 2.5 has some games working which are not working on newer versions.
But 2.5 has less features and bug fixed, so always prefer latest version to test/play the game if it works.

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, so that txt file is correct format. As for Dios Mios, I've got the latest version capable of usb loading, however I can give 2.5 a shot as well. Also, to decrypt encrypted codes I've been using GCNcrypt or whatever it's called. Is there a more reliable one out there with active links?

EDIT: It occurs to me that on the root of my SD card, the one to load USB Loader and other Homebrew apps, there's no sneek folder.

EDIT 2: I forgot to put this out there. http://i.imgur.com/pgMune5.jpg <-- that shows up whenever I load the Ocarina menu via Game Settings. Just gives me this, no option to select codes.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how hard would it be to add support for loading Wii games from SD to USB Loader GX as it stands?
I'm sure it's been asked before, but i'm not sure when, and don't feel like flying through pages upon pages of this thread looking for it.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, so that txt file is correct format. As for Dios Mios, I've got the latest version capable of usb loading, however I can give 2.5 a shot as well. Also, to decrypt encrypted codes I've been using GCNcrypt or whatever it's called. Is there a more reliable one out there with active links?

EDIT: It occurs to me that on the root of my SD card, the one to load USB Loader and other Homebrew apps, there's no sneek folder.

EDIT 2: I forgot to put this out there. http://i.imgur.com/pgMune5.jpg <-- that shows up whenever I load the Ocarina menu via Game Settings. Just gives me this, no option to select codes.

First of all, you need both GCNcrypt, AND ARtoWiiRD to decrypt AR Codes.
First run the AR Code through GCNCrypt, then run the output of GCN crypt through ARtoWiiRD. The result is the codes you put in your text file.

Second of all you just have a blank text file or something in the /txtcodes/ folder, or one that is improperly formatted.

Proper Format for Cheat text files [See Spoiler]
File Tltle : GAMEID.txt
Code:
GAMEID
GameName

Code1Name
00code00 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000

Code2Name
00code00 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000

Example THUG2 for GCN
Code:
G2TE52
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Max Score
047766A0 05F5E0FF

All Stat Goals Complete
0877CF6C 00000001
20460009 00000000
0877CF70 00000001
20460009 00000000

Hold A For Super Jump (Off Board)
2877990A 00000001
28312434 FEFF0100
04775BE4 43F80000
E2000001 80008000

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, you have a link ARtoWiiRD? Also, that's how it's formatted in the txt file, I'll redo it once I get the codes themselves formatted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1