• Views 7,166,477
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In Kirby's Adventure Wii, Go into the Starcutter and wonder around for a bit. If it crashes, you need the metafortress patch.

Everything works normal. I even tested a copy ability challenge room and everything is okay.

I sat up the USB loader GX to rip only game partitions before ripping the disc in the past. I use this setting on all my games and never had any problem. Maybe this this is the reason I don't need the gameconfig.xlm file.

Thanks for the advice but the game work perfect :)

Oh and one Question, is it legal to download a game that you already own?

I asked it because, I could use the smash bros brawl disc in the past. But my lens broke down and after the fix I couldn't play dual layer wii games anymore so I can't play the disc and I haven't made a backup.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works normal. I even tested a copy ability challenge room and everything is okay.

I sat up the USB loader GX to rip only game partitions before ripping the disc in the past. I use this setting on all my games and never had any problem. Maybe this this is the reason I don't need the gameconfig.xlm file.

Thanks for the advice but the game work perfect :)

Oh and one Question, is it legal to download a game that you already own?

I asked it because, I could use the smash bros brawl disc in the past. But my lens broke down and after the fix I couldn't play dual layer wii games anymore so I can't play the disc and I haven't made a backup.

No/Yes. It's illegal, but some might call it a gray area because once you have the ISO, no one can say you downloaded it or you just made a backup.:yaywii:
(That isn't to say it isn't possible your ISP can't catch you downloading it, but that's unlikely and extremely rare.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my USB device to load games. They appear, but when I try to boot them, it insists I copy them to my much to small SD card (1 GB) , rendering most of them unplayable. I have the correct DIOS MIOS, the loader just won't do it properly. I would have no problem with this if my card wasn't so small...

Thanks in advance!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
update the loader, don't use 3.0 if you want to play GameCube games from USB. (3.0 didn't have DIOS MIOS support, because DIOS MIOS was released AFTER v3.0)
You need to use a beta version of the loader.

use the bigger version you find in the 3.0+ folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
extract the /IOS249/boot.dol
place the boot.dol in your SD;/apps/usbloader_gx/
Launch the loader from HBC or forwarder (don't use the full channel)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update the loader, don't use 3.0 if you want to play GameCube games from USB. (3.0 didn't have DIOS MIOS support, because DIOS MIOS was released AFTER v3.0)
You need to use a beta version of the loader.

use the bigger version you find in the 3.0+ folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
extract the /IOS249/boot.dol
place the boot.dol in your SD;/apps/usbloader_gx/
Launch the loader from HBC or forwarder (don't use the full channel)

Thanks! I had heard there was a newer version, but I could never find it. Will let you know if it works.

Edit: It's working now. Thanks so much, that's been bugging me for a couple days :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try another loader to see if it's your device/iso or the settings/loader Yes, I have tested with Configurable USB Loader, going to test again, but I have WiiFlow, I will try it too.
And did it work with other loaders?

In USBloaderGX did you try to disable the Banner animation, and use Rotating disc instead?
Settings > Gui > Game Window mode : Rotating disc

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sometimes my banners cannot be displayed in vWii on Wii u.
I never had this problem on Wii, same setup.

Can it be related to the amount of usb devices connected?
Retroarch also seems to be unable to acces the root of my HDD when I have a usb stick( wiiu formatted ) inserted also.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The banners are cached on SD/USB? not read from NAND?
If they are on USB, try to put the Cached banner's folder on SD.

You can try to disconnect the WiiU drive, but I don't think it's related, it would not read the drive at all. some channels only randomly is strange.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The banners are cached on SD/USB? not read from NAND?
If they are on USB, try to put the Cached banner's folder on SD.

You can try to disconnect the WiiU drive, but I don't think it's related, it would not read the drive at all. some channels only randomly is strange.
To be clear:
My HDD is connected containing my Wii stuff etc.
And I have an USB stick connected for official Wii U stuff. ( Updates etc..)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I understood that, and my questions are still legit.
did you try to remove the USB Stick containing the WIIU stuff to see if the missing channel were related to having "more than one USB connected" like you thought it would be the problem?
Can it be related to the amount of usb devices connected?
-> I don't know. Try to remove them and see the result.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been trying the past 2 days to get cheats/codes to work with GameCube games in Wiiflow. Can cheats on GC games be done through USB Loader GX and can said program also be used on a Wii U? Thoughts appreciated :)

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan, today I installed some VC games on my emunand (NES and SNES games) but their banners are not displayed when in Channel grid, they are displayed as grey empty channels. Previously installed games are displayed ok. I'm using GX r1217.

Edit: I' deleted the cache banner folder in sd\apps\usbloader_gx\cache_bnr and then loaded GX r1217, but only Wii game banners are stored again in the sd. Same with r1215.

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cyan, today I installed some VC games on my emunand (NES and SNES games) but their banners are not displayed when in Channel grid, they are displayed as grey empty channels. Previously installed games are displayed ok. I'm using GX r1217.

Edit: I' deleted the cache banner folder in sd\apps\usbloader_gx\cache_bnr and then loaded GX r1217, but only Wii game banners are stored again in the sd. Same with r1215.
Same problem here, for a lot of time - I first thought it was related to custom music playing instead of default music, but it's not.
I also tried with d2xv8 and v10, but it's not working.
The only solution was to use a shared folder for wiiflow and cache banners in wiiflow :(

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here, for a lot of time - I first thought it was related to custom music playing instead of default music, but it's not.
I also tried with d2xv8 and v10, but it's not working.
The only solution was to use a shared folder for wiiflow and cache banners in wiiflow :(
I've never used Wiiflow but yeah, that would do the trick. By the way, be careful when using custom music, I reported some code dumps I got when using mp3/ogg files with GX a few pages back.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember doing any changes in the banner caching or channel reading in the last few revisions.

Channel/banner reading could be a problem with Hermes v4 (fixed in 1218), but you said you are using d2x so I don't know what the problem could be.

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I don't remember doing any changes in the banner caching or channel reading in the last few revisions.

Channel/banner reading could be a problem with Hermes v4 (fixed in 1218), but you said you are using d2x so I don't know what the problem could be.
It's not in the latest revisions - the problem was present in 1209 - I think it was introduced somewhere between 107 and 1209

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-