Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't worry ! take your time.
I'm not even updating the loader regularly, I still have to work on the plugin addition, I want to edit few things.
Fledge version works, but I want some different menus or way to manage the plugins.

I would like to make a svn branch for plugin, and merge it with the loader later, once I did all I want, but I don't know how it works and I don't want to mess the repository..

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, anyone here knows what settings should I tick for Nintendont to work through USBloaderGX? Setting the gamecube games to boot through nintendont takes me to a black screen. But nintendont works fine on it's own. I must have misconfigured something.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, anyone here knows what settings should I tick for Nintendont to work through USBloaderGX? Setting the gamecube games to boot through nintendont takes me to a black screen. But nintendont works fine on it's own. I must have misconfigured something.

Set Gamecube mode to Nintendont in Loader settings and make sure the path to Nintendont's boot.dol is correct in Custom Paths. Also make sure you're using the latest revision of USB Loader GX. (currently r1262)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the translation. I dno't know when I'll add it, but don't worry I'll upload it (one day!).

GreyWolf, yes I was starting to think about git; but only for a place to work temporarilly with multiple updates without bumping the svn revision, then merge it back to sourceforge for official release.
I don't know if googlecode still allow migration to github, but I know few users clicked that button (I didn't have github account at that time). I can make a fork from one of them.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the translation. I dno't know when I'll add it, but don't worry I'll upload it (one day!).

GreyWolf, yes I was starting to think about git; but only for a place to work temporarilly with multiple updates without bumping the svn revision, then merge it back to sourceforge for official release.
I don't know if googlecode still allow migration to github, but I know few users clicked that button (I didn't have github account at that time). I can make a fork from one of them.

It can still be exported, or you an just import directly from SourceForge. You can use https://github.com/new/import to do it but it doesn't handle issues. I think most of the reports in the issue list are pretty old now, though.

I just made a copy of the svnrev.sh script that tags with the commit number instead of SVN revision. If you import from Google Code or SF it will keep the commits and the count will be the same.

Here is a SF import I just ran. It should be completed in a minute or two.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, I'm find keeping the issues on sourceforge, I just want a place to make different forks and have a playground where I can commit the changes to.

most issues are old, because we never fixed them, but they are still active.
I try to close the fixed ones.
Some of the issues are not even on the tracker, but I forgot to note them all (some are lost in that thread)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I'm find keeping the issues on sourceforge, I just want a place to make different forks and have a playground where I can commit the changes to.

most issues are old, because we never fixed them, but they are still active.
I try to close the fixed ones.
Some of the issues are not even on the tracker, but I forgot to note them all (some are lost in that thread)

The import is finished if you want to look at it or I can add you as a contributor. There is a way to import issues too but I'll have to look into how to do it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd prefer not having issue tracker everywhere.
I already don't look at the one on sourceforge very often, if there are different reports at different place that will be even harder.

yes, you can add me to your repository, I don't know what you need.
I hope I won't do bad things, I'm new to git, I only followed their tutorial.
https://github.com/cyan06

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you changed the svnrev to gitrev, how will it work on the launch screen and credit page? a number or the commit hash?

It's the same number that svnrev.sh generated. I just changed the script to use "git rev-list --count" whch returns 1263 since the SVN commits were imported with the code. I'm adding a release and revision tag and a note that it's not the official repository.

EDIT: Done. Basic commit flow for git:
1. Pull to make sure local version is up to date.
2. Commit locally.
3. Push to repository.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Cyan

silverdtvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Compatibility query for you - trying to confirm if I'm missing a trick or just happen to like a high number of VC that don't work with Gx and emunand...

System:

US Wii (original white with GC ports).
4.3U system menu
2gb SanDisk extreme sd card
800gb HD - single fat32 partition

Setup:
1.1.2 homebrew channel, Boot2, Priiloader, USB loader gx Rev1262
All apps are on the SD /apps
Wii (wbfs files) and GC (iso) games on HD.
Nand dump on root of HD (dumped by gx via features menu)
VC installed on emunand via Gx features menu

IOS:
Dx2 v10 rev52 bases 57 and 58 installed on 247 & 248
older Cios rev19 base 36 installed on 246
GX set to boot with 248, Games set to boot with 247 globally

Problem:
Currently Wii boots to system menu then I'm running gx from forwarder channel.
All wii and GC games (via Nintendont) I've tried work fine.
A good number of VC do not. All are USA NTSC VC wads, originals - no injections.

I'm trying a bunch of arcade and neogeo VC - none of which make it onto the compatibilty list here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List

I either get a black screen and need a power reset or a wii system error (typical the read or write to memory error). A couple give a black screen but respond slowly to the Home button and let you return to GX.

Not working:

Black Tiger
Ghost'n'Goblins
MetalSlug 2
MetalSlug 3
MetalSlug 4
MetalSlug X
Nam1975
Shock Troopers 2nd squad
Space harrier

This represents a 75% failure rate for the arcade & neogeo VC I've tried. The above all work if I install them to real nand and run from real nand. I've since tried several Snes and Megadrive VC which all seem to work fine via emunand.

I tried different ios's - dx2 v10 rev52 base 56 and 57, as well as cios rev21 base 38

I've read that a slow HD can be a problem for some users so I moved my emunand to the SD but the results are the same.

Would appreciate someone trying some of the above and letting me know if they simply don't work with emunand/gx setup or if there is something else I can try.

I have tried neek2o but found it painfully slow to boot and crash heavy so backed out - this could be user error. I've also seen numerous comments that 95% of VC are fine without sneek variants; typically N64 VC is noted as the problem.

Thoughts appreciated.

mcmn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I need some help getting neek2o r96 working in USB Loader GX 3.0 r1262.

So far I followed Cyan's great guides (the ModMii one as well as the manual installation) to set up neek2o. The resulting files kernel.bin and di.bin files where the same in both cases (I verified using md5sum). I tried the USB (uneek) setup after the SD (sneek) setup because I thought that maybe my SD card was the problem (16 GB SanDisk SDHC which however works great otherwise). I tried with my old EmuNAND (copied using some older USB Loader GX version), a new EmuNAND copied by r1262 as well a fresh NAND generated by ModMii, matching my Wii's serial.

The result is the same in all cases: after pressing "Boot neek system menu" the screen stays black. I know it is supposed to stay black for a few minutes on first boot but I kept it in this state for over an hour and still nothing. I noticed there is a config file generated inside sneek folder but nothing else. If I try to boot into neek NAND using nSwitch it stops and freezes at "Reloading BootMii IOS!" (there is no error shown before that.

Any idea?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help getting neek2o r96 working in USB Loader GX 3.0 r1262.

So far I followed Cyan's great guides (the ModMii one as well as the manual installation) to set up neek2o. The resulting files kernel.bin and di.bin files where the same in both cases (I verified using md5sum). I tried the USB (uneek) setup after the SD (sneek) setup because I thought that maybe my SD card was the problem (16 GB SanDisk SDHC which however works great otherwise). I tried with my old EmuNAND (copied using some older USB Loader GX version), a new EmuNAND copied by r1262 as well a fresh NAND generated by ModMii, matching my Wii's serial.

The result is the same in all cases: after pressing "Boot neek system menu" the screen stays black. I know it is supposed to stay black for a few minutes on first boot but I kept it in this state for over an hour and still nothing. I noticed there is a config file generated inside sneek folder but nothing else. If I try to boot into neek NAND using nSwitch it stops and freezes at "Reloading BootMii IOS!" (there is no error shown before that.

Any idea?

The NAND filesystem needs to be on the first FAT32 partition of an MBR drive. Freezing at BootMii IOS generally means it either can't find BootMii or can't find a valid partition.

mcmn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The NAND filesystem needs to be on the first FAT32 partition of an MBR drive. Freezing at BootMii IOS generally means it either can't find BootMii or can't find a valid partition.

Thanks for the reply. I have a boot2-installed BootMii (but do I even need the BootMii part when using USB Loader GX?). The HDD is MBR-formatted and only has one (FAT32) oartition. GC games (nintendont) work fine.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I have a boot2-installed BootMii (but do I even need the BootMii part when using USB Loader GX?). The HDD is MBR-formatted and only has one (FAT32) oartition. GC games (nintendont) work fine.

Hmm... is your NAND folder in the format "/nands/<some name>/"?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm having some strange problems. First, it doesn't save any of my settings. Second, when I return from Nintendont, some settings are missing and I can't launch another GC game, it complains about the game being on HDD, even if I could launch the first one straight from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, i've tried to put my simping ways aside a bit, but i just gotta say before i go