• Views 7,259,316
  • Replies 29,392
  • Likes 48

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it support multiple emunands? i would like to see a single list of every wiiware/VC game from different emunands at once... if that's even possible.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lastest version is 1262 (consider it beta).
if you already have USBLoaderGX installed, it will only update up to 1260 (latest stable).
download is :
- on the first post, click on the big logo.
- or here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/
- or in my signature (can include beta, and unstable version, use it only if you intend to help or report bugs)

How to setup? there's no real setup. just extract the package to your SD card like any other Wii homebrew.
note that you need a full softmod (Homebrew channel + cIOS installed).

It supports multiple emuNANDs, but it's a little tricky. There's no option to list multiple NAND path at once (or you'd find yourself with lots of duplicates, and the loader would use the first loaded path if the game is on two different path, due to the loader being based on TitleID, not on path).

How to setup multiple NAND :
Note that it's only useful for different EmuNAND settings, if you expect this because of the HDD space, that's not useful.
example: one EUR NAND, one NTSC-U, one NTSC-J, one with 4:3 video mode, one with whatever option you like, etc.

1. create a "main" emuNAND.
2. Install ALL the games on that emuNAND (the game which you want installed on all your different NANDs).
Consider it a "merged NAND" path which have to contain all your possible games.
example: sd:/nands/main/

3. create an individual EmuNAND
example: sd:/nands/PAL/
install your PAL games on it.

4. repeat for each different needed setup (new NAND path, with individual wads on it)

5. setup the loader to load the Main NAND again.
6. select the game you want to be loaded from the individual nand (example, one of your PAL game), and go to the individual settings.
7. Edit the emuNAND path for this game only. set it to the NAND you want to use (sd:/nands/PAL/)

Now you can list all your games at the same time, and it will use the correct emuNAND path at launch.

:!: Note that when you use Neek mode, it will exit to your "individually selected" path. so if you don't use "return to" option, you will be back on the individual EmuNAND (only your PAL games, not ALL of them).
If you use "return to", you need to install a return channel on each emuNAND path, not only the main one.

this is possible to make it return to the default "main NAND", but I chose to prevent that, it was confusing, but I can work on neek again and make it a proper option.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Lastest version is 1262 (consider it beta).
if you already have USBLoaderGX installed, it will only update up to 1260 (latest stable).
download is :
- on the first post, click on the big logo.
- or here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/
- or in my signature (can include beta, and unstable version, use it only if you intend to help or report bugs)

How to setup? there's no real setup. just extract the package to your SD card like any other Wii homebrew.
note that you need a full softmod (Homebrew channel + cIOS installed).

It supports multiple emuNANDs, but it's a little tricky. There's no option to list multiple NAND path at once (or you'd find yourself with lots of duplicates, and the loader would use the first loaded path if the game is on two different path, due to the loader being based on TitleID, not on path).

How to setup multiple NAND :
Note that it's only useful for different EmuNAND settings, if you expect this because of the HDD space, that's not useful.
example: one EUR NAND, one NTSC-U, one NTSC-J, one with 4:3 video mode, one with whatever option you like, etc.

1. create a "main" emuNAND.
2. Install ALL the games on that emuNAND (the game which you want installed on all your different NANDs).
Consider it a "merged NAND" path which have to contain all your possible games.
example: sd:/nands/main/

3. create an individual EmuNAND
example: sd:/nands/PAL/
install your PAL games on it.

4. repeat for each different needed setup (new NAND path, with individual wads on it)

5. setup the loader to load the Main NAND again.
6. select the game you want to be loaded from the individual nand (example, one of your PAL game), and go to the individual settings.
7. Edit the emuNAND path for this game only. set it to the NAND you want to use (sd:/nands/PAL/)

Now you can list all your games at the same time, and it will use the correct emuNAND path at launch.

:!: Note that when you use Neek mode, it will exit to your "individually selected" path. so if you don't use "return to" option, you will be back on the individual EmuNAND (only your PAL games, not ALL of them).
If you use "return to", you need to install a return channel on each emuNAND path, not only the main one.

this is possible to make it return to the default "main NAND", but I chose to prevent that, it was confusing, but I can work on neek again and make it a proper option.

Welp, this confused me further...
I have two cIOS installed, one on slot 249 based on iOS 56 and one on slot 250 based on iOS 57.
  • cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta53-alt
  • cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52
I followed this guide: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

I have my homebrew inside my SD card and I want to set up an USB loader for the wii/gcn backups from the HDD. I suppose I'm using sysNAND because even though I backed up the NAND, i haven't done anything with it. Just install those two cIOS and a VBAGX forwarder for the System Menu. I don't even have a .wad installer.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this guide is bad, based on the cIOS it tell users to install.
I already detailed the reason few times*, but I guess I'm the only one concern enough about user's issues. I'm the one helping users and spending time explaining it because of wrong guides...

do not use beta53 at all UNLESS you know why you installed it. (and no, if you followed the guide, you don't know why)

in slot 249, install base56 beta52
your slot 250 is fine.

for the best compatibility, use the base57, so if you don't want to mess your cIOS again, don't touch your slot249 and just set USBLoaderGX to use the slot250 by default.

USBLoaderGX > settings > loader settings >
Loader's IOS : 250
game's IOS : 250

the loader is using these paths by default :
Wii games : first partition, /wbfs/ folder
gamecube Main path : first USB partition, /games/ folder
gamecube SD path : SD:/games/

just put your gamecube games in the usb:/games/ folder

example :
usb:/games/Zelda windwaker [GZLP01]/game.iso

for Wii games, you should use WiiBackupManager to put wii games on your USB, it will convert and split the files if needed.

* why that guide is bad:
For the first issue of that guide, they should have installed beta52 in slot249, and 53 in 250 if they wanted users to have multiple version.
I would have let users install only the same version, not messing with different version at the same time. users don't understand why they do it.

Second issue, only one of them is compatible with USB Port1 (beta53) but it's NOT using the best base, meaning that some games will not work (Call of duty require base 57).
If you switch that game to base57 by telling the loader to load slot250, it's using beta52 which is NOT compatible with Port1, making your game not work either and forcing you to put your HDD on port0, defeating the purpose of installing beta53.

beta53 = Port1
beta52 = best compatibility

base56 = speed
base57 = best compatibility

at least, tell users to install the beta52 base57 on slot249 so it's the default best setup.

having a beta53 base56 is not useful at all.
that mix base+version is good only if you install both beta53 (base 56 and 57), or both identical base with different version (base57 beta52 beta53).

Another idea is to install beta53 base57, making that slot fine for all games in port1.

I understand that the guide is following the common usage of having base56 in slot249, base57 in slot250, but then don't mix the version because they don't work the same way, and defeat the usefulness of having different base.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
this guide is bad, based on the cIOS it tell users to install.

do not use beta53 at all.

in slot 249, install base56 beta52
your slot 250 is fine.

for the best compatibility, use the base57, so if you don't want to mess your cIOS again, don't touch your slot249 and just set USBLoaderGX to use the slot250 by default.

USBLoaderGX > settings > loader settings >
Loader's IOS : 250
game's IOS : 250

the loader is using these paths by default :
Wii games : first partition, /wbfs/ folder
gamecube Main path : first USB partition, /games/ folder
gamecube SD path : SD:/games/

just put your gamecube games in the usb:/games/ folder

example :
usb:/games/Zelda windwaker [GZLP01]/game.iso

for Wii games, you should use WiiBackupManager to put wii games on your USB, it will convert and split the files if needed.

I still have the base files I used for the cIOS instalation, is it risky that I just repeat the process on cIOS 249?
I would need a base 56 beta 52 on slot 249? Rewriting the beta 53alt for the beta 52?

because first you're telling me to install base 56 beta52 on 249, then base 57 beta 52 (the one that I should have on 250) on slot 249?

So the loader should be treated as another homebrew app on the SD as it will not be recognized from the HDD?
I have 3 games i'm using as a test, but I found out that my Mario Sunshine backup was backed up to .gcm instead of .iso, i read somewhere that just renaming to .iso would work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's not risky at all.
You can install d2x v10 beta52 with base56 in your slot 249. it will overwrite the current one, so just install over it.

the "common usage" (what everybody did for the past 6 years) is :
249 : base56
250 : base57

56 is slightly faster than 57 at loading over USB. (very slightly, you might not even notice it)
57 has better compatibility, and some games require it. it can do all 56 can. (it's an updated version of 56).

Lot of users just use 56 for everything, and 57 for 1 game (call of duty).
but you can just install ONE single IOS : base57 and use that one for everything. it's better and you won't have to remember "which game do I need to set to 57 ??" just every game set to that one is fine.

As the loader is using slot249 by default, you can install the base 57 in slot 249
or
install it in slot250 and edit the loader's settings to use that slot.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can install d2x v10 beta52 with base56 in your slot 249. it will overwrite the current one, so just install over it.

56 is slightly faster than 57 at loading over USB. (very slightly, you might not even notice it)
57 has better compatibility, and some games require it. it can do all 56 can. (it's an updated version of 56).

but you can just install ONE single IOS : base57 and use that one for everything. it's better and you won't have to remember "which game do I need to set to 57 ??" just every game set to that one is fine.

As the loader is using slot249 by default, you can install the base 57 in slot 249
or

So if i'm understanding correctly I can either set base 56 d2x v10 beta 52 in 249 (which means I need to change ports if a game doesn't work), or set base 57 (i suppose using the same version I downloaded from NUS) d2x v10 beta 52 at slot 249 and not have to change ports.

OR, Configure USB loader to read from slot 250 by default(?) This is the part I don't really understand.
My HDD is a 2.5 samsung enclosure so as long as it's playable and has a consistent framerate, i don't mind slower loading times.

Like i said, I already have "cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52" installed at slot 250, So i either install this same setup on slot 249 (so i don't have to worry about ports), set base 56 d2x v10 beta 52 in 249 (which means I need to change ports if a game doesn't work) for a little speed boost at the cost of compatibility (though i'm still not clear said boost is in framerate or loading times, i don't mind loading times), or just set up the usb loader to read from 250 by default.

Last edited by Alex658,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, not really.

You don't HAVE to change port, you should use port0.
never use port1, at all, if you don't know why you need it.
just use beta52; and only port0 will work.

if you use beta53, Port 0 and port 1 are both working, but it's adding bugs and issues. So, why wanting to use something unstable?
just install beta52 and use port0. never change port.

Oh, In fact, I think you mistake "port" with "slot".
so, yes, that's what you said.

Either setup the loader to always use slot 250, or install a beta52 in slot 249.

Most common setup is :
249 : beta52 base56
250 : beta52 base57

base56 is faster in "load time", not in frame rate.
so, just set the loader to use slot250, and you will have best compatibility, but only USB Port 0 will work (bottom USB on Wii, Top-back on WiiU)

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
no, not really.

You don't HAVE to change port, you should use port0.
never use port1, at all, if you don't know why you need it.
just use beta52; and only port0 will work.

if you use beta53, Port 0 and port 1 are both working, but it's adding bugs and issues. So, why wanting to use something unstable?
just install beta52 and use port0. never change port.

Oh, In fact, I think you mistake "port" with "slot".
so, yes, that's what you said.

Either setup the loader to always use slot 250, or install a beta52 in slot 249.

Most common setup is :
249 : beta52 base56
250 : beta52 base57

base56 is faster in "load time", not in frame rate.
so, just set the loader to use slot250, and you will have best compatibility, but only USB Port 0 will work (bottom USB on Wii, Top-back on WiiU)

So In fact setting 249: beta 52 base 57 is redundant (cloning slot 250 to 249) and the same can be achieved by configuring the loader to use 250
And setting 249: beta 52 base 56 improves loading times by a little, i don't have to change any configurations on the loader, but call of duty won't work unless I change the slot anyway?

Any other further recommendations?

Last edited by Alex658,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's redundant to have the same IOS version+base in different slots, just change the loader setting to load the slot250.
Call of duty, and some other games require base57 (but I forgot which one, sorry :P)

I don't have other recommendation.
all other things from that tutorial should be fine.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes, it's redundant to have the same IOS version+base in different slots, just change the loader setting to load the slot250.
Call of duty, and some other games require base57 (but I forgot which one, sorry :P)

I don't have other recommendation.
all other things from that tutorial should be fine.

Should wii games follow the same trend as Nintendont? where sd or usb/games/whatever id or name/game.iso (?) or do they do in separate folders?

I think i'll opt for switching slots to 250 for now, after all this uses base 57 and all the games should work from the get go. (unless my hdd has some troubles) Also, my HDD was formatted to fat32, do some games require you to use WBTS/NTFS?

Last edited by Alex658,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you should use WiibackupManager if you are on windows, it will rename, convert, and copy file in the correct folder.

It's almost the same format, just not the same extension or folder:
/wbfs/Title [ID6]/ID6.wbfs

Title only in the folder doesn't work. it requires the ID6.
filename must be ID6 in uppercase.
Just use the program.

if the game is bigger than 4GB, it will have more "wbf" files, "wbf1" "wbf2" etc.

FAT32 is good for everything. (wii, gamecube, all homebrew)
32k/cluster is maybe better, even if some user prefer using 64k/cluster to make nintendont a little faster. Some wii games might have issues if not using 32k (but I can't certify that)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

or
Why is it that some guides recommend installing base 58 as well? For games that use peripherals?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
since vWii can be hacked, it has been common practice to install all 3 bases.
I don't know why, to me it's more a result of "try and error".
the first guide for vWii was TOTALLY wrong, and told users to install different base over the same slot multiple times (resulting in only the last one being installed) and users reported that "hacking the vWii is harder and doesn't work" (of course, they installed a base58 last, and that base doesn't have the best compatibility).
This random install of 3 bases ended being the "norms" and finally got installed in 3 different slots when a user with more knowledge saw the first user's error.

I don't think the base58 is useful for game compatibility, even if we are often suggesting that base for music games (though, base57 works fine!).
This base seems useful in case of HDD compatibility issue with d2x ehci module (the USB driver). base58 is still using Nintendo's ehci and semi-fixing issues with incompatible HDD, but not all game will work with this base and will result in black screen or system message error.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Any suggestions IOS or otherwise for Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Beta 52 base 56/57 have major issues. Usually booting back to the loader either just before the menu loads or when exiting games if you are lucky enough to make it that far.

Beta 53-alt base 57 seems to work fine... but saves to the real nand, rather than my emunand.

Edit: kinda why I wish you could save nintendont memory cards on the sdcard, even if the game is on the USB drive.

Lot easier to keep the same games on both Wii's and just take my sd card with me if I move to a different TV. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by self_slaughter,
Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Why is it that some guides recommend installing base 58 as well? For games that use peripherals?
OK, cool.
It was just out of curiosity.
It's just that I never understood the recommendations to install base 58... (specially since you can launch the loader with the "real" IOS 58 if your HDD doesn't like cIOS. Which is my case. and then, use either base 56 or 57 to launch games.)
Or am I missing something?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Any suggestions IOS or otherwise for Metroid Prime Trilogy?

Beta 52 base 56/57 have major issues. Usually booting back to the loader either just before the menu loads or when exiting games if you are lucky enough to make it that far.

Beta 53-alt base 57 seems to work fine... but saves to the real nand, rather than my emunand.

Edit: kinda why I wish you could save nintendont memory cards on the sdcard, even if the game is on the USB drive.

Lot easier to keep the same games on both Wii's and just take my sd card with me if I move to a different TV. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MP3 is totally incompatible with EmuNand saves. MP1 and MP2 are said to be compatible but I got random freezes especially when I try to reset the game (I know, it is not normal practice to reset a game frequently). So I just use real nand save for the entire Trilogy. Other than that, cios base 56 should work fine (the game itself uses ios 35)

Reactions: self_slaughter

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MPT should just need real NAND saves and block IOS reload on. It has separate dols for the games so they will try to switch back to the disc's requested real IOS.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
MP1 & 2 have issues? I might add MPT to the list too.

That might just be me.
Remember I have problems with The Last Story with a class 4 SD card but no issue with a class 10? Though I already have a class 10 SD card when I played MPT.
Still, a single report should not be taken too seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja: