• Views 7,185,611
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The list is still relevant, I don't know if it's accurate (it's user's driven, so it's missing lot of info, some could be wrong, etc.)

Is it safe to say that the more recent versions of USBLoaderGX have no impact on Wiiware or VC compatibility? The cIOS is the major factor I assume. The compatibility list has r1233 listed as the tested version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that list is for ALL versions of the loader. old and future.
That's not a loader compatibility, but a cIOS compatibility list.

If you want 99% compatibility, you will have to use neek mode instead of cIOS (full) mode in the loader.
if you want cIOS mode, then that list is and will always be relevant.

That list is filled from users who want to helps others.
I guess now they prefer using Neek Mode instead of testing other IOS base/version in cIOS Mode.
or there's no other problematic games maybe.

Duncan :
if you want to list all partition from all devices, then you need either : d2x v9, d2x v10 alt, or hermes cIOS v4+ or 5.1
if you use another IOS version, then port1 will not work at all.

the loader doesn't give priority to NTFS, it lists the partition in the order it finds them on the drives, starting from port 0.
if you want to set one of the partition as the default one (the one used to dump games to), you have to set it in the settings.

game partition : select the partition you want as default here.
port : both
partition : all

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
the loader doesn't give priority to NTFS, it lists the partition in the order it finds them on the drives, starting from port 0.
if you want to set one of the partition as the default one (the one used to dump games to), you have to set it in the settings.

I'll check later and grab syscheck to give you a entire list of how my wii is hacked.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
priority can change if you use a IOS with base58.
IOS58 mounts port1 first, then port0. so the partition order will be different than when using cIOS which mounts port0 then port1.

cIOS
usb1: your HDD first partition
usb2: your HDD second partition
usb3: your stick

IOS58
usb1: your stick
usb2: your HDD first partition
usb3: your HDD second partition

That's maybe why you thought it prioritized the ntfs?
just verify the settings in the HDD settings menu and the current IOS used by the loader.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that list is for ALL versions of the loader. old and future.
That's not a loader compatibility, but a cIOS compatibility list.

If you want 99% compatibility, you will have to use neek mode instead of cIOS (full) mode in the loader.
if you want cIOS mode, then that list is and will always be relevant.

That list is filled from users who want to helps others.
I guess now they prefer using Neek Mode instead of testing other IOS base/version in cIOS Mode.
or there's no other problematic games maybe.

Duncan :
if you want to list all partition from all devices, then you need either : d2x v9, d2x v10 alt, or hermes cIOS v4+ or 5.1
if you use another IOS version, then port1 will not work at all.

game partition : select the partition you want as default here.
port : both
partition : all
Cyan, is neek mode integrated into the loader? Any place you can direct me for neek setup? Thanks as always!

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok @Cyan I am running as loader IOS 249, game IOS is 249

Changed to 58 and nope, it isn't working, it says USB 1 on custom path thats GAME (partition ame) and USB 2 is the NTFS partition and yes I am on latest version.

I post my SYScheck.

SysCheck v2.2.0 HD Edition by Double_A and R2-D2199, JoostinOnline, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 39659170
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Venezuela (52)
Boot2 v4
Found 155 titles.
Found 52 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256, Info: rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): Trucha Bug
IOS13 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS14 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS15 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 256, Info: rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1294): Trucha Bug
IOS28 (rev 1807): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS33 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS35 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 4124): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug
IOS48 (rev 4124): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Trucha Bug
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5919): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[57] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.10+)
Report generated on 12/18/2015.

Ok it worked... for worse, IOS 58 loads the internal wii memory rather than the stick and I can't seem to be able to change it, I change it on the loader config area and it refuses to load 249, it insists to use 58.

Yeah It does not seems to want to pick my external, sigh.

Fucking hell, not even by erasing this application and THEN replacing it with a fresh one, nor going back to defaults does squat, what the fuck.

Aha found the the problem, well somewhat IOS 58 does not wants to load my external, I know the wii can see it and loads it because Uloader says there is no WBFS partition and then tries to ask me to format one of the two to WBFS.

Fixed it by saying fuck it, I erased this time the loader from windows, opened the rar, placed it inside my first partition (GAMES/app/usbloaderGX) and this time it loaded the the stuff, I didn't bother inserting the stick, managed to force your loader to load 249, so all I have left to test tomorrow is the rest of this stuff and see if I can get the stick to work as I want to.

My goal (that now has backfired quite a bit) was to have the drive and the stick perform different functions, the drive would simply load the games, the stick would provide the paths, and places for say nintendon't, for the txt and .gct files, etc.

So whenever I wished to update I would not have the need to, well unplug the drive, connect it to the PC and then copy the txtcodes.

I am mitigating this somewhat by using mod mii to dl all cheats files I could ever possibly need or want.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan, is neek mode integrated into the loader? Any place you can direct me for neek setup? Thanks as always!
Neek mode is not "integrated", it's an option.
like nintendont or devolution, that's an option, but you need these loaders to be launched from usbgx.
Neek is the same, it's an option to boot neek instead of using cIOS.
to use neek, you need to create a dump of your NAND, and install neek files (or nee2o files if you want autoboot channels) on the same drive.

, it says USB 1 on custom path thats GAME (partition ame) and USB 2 is the NTFS partition and yes I am on latest version.
that's the two partition on your hdd ? at least it mounts the hdd and see the content.
Ok it worked... for worse, IOS 58 loads the internal wii memory rather than the stick and I can't seem to be able to change it, I change it on the loader config area and it refuses to load 249, it insists to use 58.
What you are saying doesn't make sense at all.
what do you mean by "loading internal wii memory"? the loader is not finding the usb so it's telling you that it's switching to channel mode? I hope it's that.
You said "it refuse to load 249 and insist to use 58", why would the loader do that? it's not designed to refuse or insist. it's loading what you tell him to use, unless you want dual port which require d2x or hermes. but now most users have d2x.

the drive would simply load the games, the stick would provide the paths, and places for say nintendon't, for the txt and .gct files, etc.
Dammit, that's your issue !
NEVER use dual port feature and mix path from both usb.
That will corrupt your drives. It's said on the first post, it's said in the changelog when that feature was added.
Of course users don't take time to read first post or changelog and I understand. but I said it few times too.
If I add a safe-test (don't know the good word), I will forbid ALL usb path other than wii and gamecube game path in the setting if dual port is enabled. Even EmuNAND shouldn't be used on usb if using dual port. that option is only for advanced users who understand the risk.

When using dual port, it's not mounting both at the same time, it's in fact mounting one -> loading the game list -> unmounting the drive -> disconnect and power off the usb -> power the other port -> mount the other drive -> load the game list.
Now the loader have the full game list. But it's not mounting both at the same time, it's only one at a time.

I Always recommend using SD card !!!
why not using SD card?
put ALL the settings and covers and banners, and all the resources on SD card, which is always mounted and never disconnected. SD card is the only secured location to put the resources.
It will also be even easier to remove the SD card if you need to copy a txt or gct, instead of removing a stick connected on the back if you are concerned about "not removing the HDD with games anymore". why not using front instead of back ?

Also, I'm not sure why you think you can have both USB ports working at the same time..
You have d2x v10 (r52) and not v10-alt (53)
I told you, only r53 supports port1.
all other cIOS can only use port0, there's no need to try using port1 (unless using official IOS58 which should grant full usb ports access)

Just do SD+Port0 like everybody else.
A lot of homebrew use/need SD card, just plug one in the console and you're good to go. that's cheap, not expansive, and fix all your issues.
"I don't want an SD in my console!" why ? any good reason ? some people really prefer complicating their life instead of inserting a cheap plastic in the console and don't be annoyed anymore.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neek mode is not "integrated", it's an option.
like nintendont or devolution, that's an option, but you need these loaders to be launched from usbgx.
Neek is the same, it's an option to boot neek instead of using cIOS.
to use neek, you need to create a dump of your NAND, and install neek files (or nee2o files if you want autoboot channels) on the same drive.

Cyan, I dumped my nand.

Neek2o seems to have the downloads at: https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list. Must not have been many updates in the last few years.

As far as guides to install. I have searched quite a bit and I don't see anything. Maybe my google skills are failing me today..:( Any thoughts on setup? Or pages I can refer to?

I would like to run the VC and Wiiware from my 64 GB SD card I have all my other home brew on.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ngs428,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's easier to use modmii to generate the needed neek2o file.
You should do it before google close its service in 2016, as modmii download all the needed files from googlecode.

it's always possible to do it manually, but download the rev96 manually, then you need follow sneek creation tutorial (using crediar's tool to do it is easier), and replace the neek file with the one from n2o r96.

I'm sure there are few tutorials on gbatemp or other website.
it's just too long to write a new one.

modmii ! until it's unusable. (dec 31th 2015)

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's easier to use modmii to generate the needed neek2o file.
You should do it before google close its service in 2016, as modmii download all the needed files from googlecode.

it's always possible to do it manually, but download the rev96 manually, then you need follow sneek creation tutorial (using crediar's tool to do it is easier), and replace the neek file with the one from n2o r96.

I'm sure there are few tutorials on gbatemp or other website.
it's just too long to write a new one.

modmii ! until it's unusable. (dec 31th 2015)

Sounds more involved than I need to get to get the added compatibility. My OCD side tells me I need to be able to play all the games, but in reality I will never do that!

I thought it was maybe as or slightly harder than getting nintendont up and going. That was no issue. I seem to be wrong here.

Well Cyan, hope you are able to play some games and enjoy the tool you provide to us. I really appreciate your work. I could never do it!

The only question I have.. When using the cIOS mode and a game is not compatible, what will typically happen? Freeze, black screen when the game boots? I suppose it varies, but is a simple console reset just needed to get out of the compatibility issue freeze?

Last edited by ngs428,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it varies.
usually freeze or onscreen error about incorrect system file.

and yes, you just need a reset, or long press on power, to shutdown the console. it won't affect the other games, and it will never be a problem for the wii as it's not accessing the NAND when using emuNAND full. all NAND access is redirected to EmuNAND path.
If you need to play incompatible game, you should install rev17 and rev19 in another slot.
rev19 is the best for N64 VC, rev17 has some wiiware game working better than d2x. But some games will really need neek mode (castlevania for example).

Neek install is a little hard because it contains part of nintendo's IOS inside.
So it's illegal to share the compiled version and you need to generate the file yourself from one of the extracted IOS file.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
that's the two partition on your hdd ? at least it mounts the hdd and see the content.

Yes

What you are saying doesn't make sense at all.

Before I erased usbloader GX from my stick and hdd, whenever I switched 58 for 249 and went back tot he HBC to load USBloaderGX, it didn't work, USB loader would go again and start using.

Dammit, that's your issue !

It has been a long time since I last read the changelog of this app so, my apologies.

why not using SD card?

because my wii was being a brat and was refusing to read my micro Sd' with the adaptors, I have about eight different ones and it refuses to load seven of them, before I found the adaptor that works I needed to somehow load my homebrew to keep playing, so I had to resort to USB.

I also wanted a backup measure just in case my wii stopped reading that one too.

all other cIOS can only use port0, there's no need to try using port1 (unless using official IOS58 which should grant full usb ports access)

Didn't for me, it said port swapping is only supported by Hermes CIOS.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, if your SD is not working anymore, then you should put everything on the same drive. don't use two different usb or you'll have issue with the settings (and probably file system corruptions).
but if one of your adapter works, that's good. it means it's not your console's SD card port issue.

Savatage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure where to post this, but I'll just put it here for now.
So I have a few games on the FAT32 partition of my hard drive and I haven't had any problems so far. But the games I transferred were all originally ISO files, and the game I recently put on there was a WBFS file already. I used Wii Backup Manager to transfer the WBFS directly, but when I started the game up there was just a black screen.

I'm guessing something went wrong in Wii Backup Manager while transferring it to the HDD, but I have no clue how to fix it. Could anyone help me with this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It could be a bad iso (or wbfs).
wii backup manager didn't list them in red, or with a wrong size? sometime it's a good first check to see if the iso is good or bad.
if it seems fine, you can try the Sha1 option to force a verification of the ISO.

WiiBackupManager has different folder layout, maybe you used one which is not working with the loader.
Be sure to use either "ID" or "Title [ID]" or even "ID_Title" in the FAT32/NTFS tab. use subfolder is also a good choice but it should be set by default.
not "title" only.

You can also try to copy the file manually, instead of using wbm, but the program should just copy the file without editing them as it's already in the good format.
but it's worth a try.
copy the file to /wbfs/Game name [GameID]/GameID.wbfs

Savatage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the manual instructions, I presume you have to do this through command prompt right? If so, more specific instructions would be helpful because I've messed up my entire drive some time on accident while using it.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the manual instructions, I presume you have to do this through command prompt right? If so, more specific instructions would be helpful because I've messed up my entire drive some time on accident while using it.
No command prompt. Just drag and drop.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
copy the file from one folder to another (with your windows explorer, like you usually copy file from one location to another)
then rename the file or the folders if needed.

this is the best format to use with this loader:
/wbfs/Game name [GameID]/GameID.wbfs

exemple
/wbfs/Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBP01]/RSBP01.wbfs
/wbfs/Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBP01]/RSBP01.wbf1

Savatage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But you can't access a FAT32 partition right? When I connect it to my computer it just says I have to reformat it to be able to recognize it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ