Hacking USB Loader GX Recognizing flash drives, but not games.

2Buck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: FIXED!!!! JUST PUT THE GAMES IN "e\games", NOT LOOSE!
Kinda stupid that I ended up finding the fix like five minutes after I made this thread, but oh well. At least it'll be up and maybe it'll help one or two other people out.

Hi, I have my homebrewed Wii which I've had for over five years and it's been great. About two years ago I had my Wii set up with USB Loader GX with a 64GB SD card and a 32GB flash drive and everything worked wonderfully. But I've since lost that drive and I'm trying to make a new one. I have a drive that's completely identical to that drive formatted to FAT32 and USB Loader GX is seeing the drive properly. It's reporting the size of the drive, the format of the drive and how much free space is left. WiiXplorer can also browse the files. All of this, and yet I'm having no luck getting the games to show up on the list. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing or doing wrong.

But to reiterate, this was working before. It's still working with the SD card too, it's just that I can't seem to get the flash drive working.

I've been trying all sorts of flash drives from my collection and have run into the same issue each time. Right now I'm trying a 64GB Cruzer.

Here's how I have the ISOs on the drive:
Kh55tId.png

These work perfect on the SD card too.

Here are my HDD settings in USBLGX:
Game/Install Partition: FAT32 [58.73GB]
Multiple Partitions: ON
USB Port: Both Ports
Mount USB at Launch: ON
Install Directories: GAMEID_Gamename
Game Split Size: Split Each 4GB
Install Partitions: All Partitions
GC Install Compressed: OFF
GC Installed 32k Aligned: OFF

Is it something I'm doing wrong when formatting the drive? I'm using FAT32, I've also tried NTFS. Could it also be how I have the game directories placed on the drive?

Other things I've checked/tried:
I checked the filters on USBLGX.
I tried both USB ports.
I've tried multiple drives, including ones that are confirmed to work with Wiis.
The Wii is seeing the drive fine, like I said USBLGX is reporting the drive properly and I'm able to browse the files on WiiXplorer.
I've tried setting the port to 0 only and using port 0, I got the same results.

Thanks so much for helping!

Last edited by 2Buck,

2Buck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a shot of it, the three games that are working are placed on the SD card.
Z1Jlih1.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah! I got it! I feel dumb now, I just had to put the games in e:/games, not loose on the drive. AGH, it was obvious. hahahahaha sorry for the forum clutter. xD

Last edited by 2Buck,

zzgani

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Here's a shot of it, the three games that are working are placed on the SD card.

Hi , I'm a newbie. i have the same problem. I have set up everything. Hy hard drive setting resembles your. Usb loader recognizes my flash drive but not my wbfs game . I don't understand the solution which worked for you. What do you mean you have to put the game on e:/games ??? pls help

melb3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the same issue and have tried everything including renaming the HDD folder to G:\Wii Games\wbfs and then folder for each game and wbfs file in each folder, however wii is still not recognizing the game file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo