cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just spent the last couple hours or so trying to get art work to load for my NES collection. I've been following the instructions at this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-pluggin-mod-need-help-showing-roms.515862/

My folder structure is the following:

ROMS: /fceugx/roms
IMAGES 3D: /apps/usbloader_gx/images/covers-nes
IMAGES 2D: /apps/usbloader_gx/images/2D/covers-nes
PLUGINS: /WiiFlow/Plugins

Here is my plugin .INI file:

[PLUGIN]
displayname=FCEUltraGX
magic=46434555coverfolder=root:/apps/usbloader_gx/images/2D/covers-nes
dolfile=fceugx-mod12.dol
romdir=fceugx/roms
filetypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ff0000
bannersound=nes.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

This is really boggling my mind. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. There has to be an issue with my path I'm guessing, or file naming. One person says coverfolder must be right after the magic number with no white space. Also says coverfolder=root:/ I've tried omitting "root:/", I've tried "SD:/" nothing works. So I left it the way it was instructed.

Also how are you supposed to name the image files? I see two conflicting statements. I know the image file name has to be the exact same as the ROM name.. however one person is saying it has to have .zip in the name. For example if I have MARIO.ZIP the image file would be MARIO.ZIP.PNG. The other has .ZIP omitted and has just .PNG at the end. I have tried both ways and I get nothing.

My roms show up just fine with the empty "?" boxes. They load up through the emulator and play fine, just no artwork is being displayed.

On the Official USB Loader I can get artwork to load in the fce ultra GX emulator itself with no issues. I have the naming conventions correct, and just copied some artwork that I use for that into the folders I'm trying for USB Loader cover mod. None of my ROMS have .ZIP.ZiP in the filename so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue here.

Any help is appreciated!

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! Worked perfectly! I did however have to add .ZIP at the end of my file names.

One other question. Is it possible to use the HQ artwork that rotates to show the back of the box also? Right now I'm using just 2D flat image. I also tried the pseudo 3D box art which is still just 2D. Looks better but it would be cool to rotate the box like Wii titles.

I looked on gameTDB for a Wii title box art to compare dimensions. The 2D art is the same dimensions I'm using for the NES. I noticed the HQ artwork is much larger. I'm not sure how usbloader renders the image on the 3D box.

Thanks again for your help!

I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: