Hacking USB Loader GX Auto-Sorting Categories/Types?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there's an option to manually add categories yourself, but is there a way for USBLGX to automatically categorise say all WiiWare/GC/VC etc titles together so that you end up with folder-structure system? eg VC->N64

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No sorry :(

Another users already requested such features, but I didn't look at it yet.
It's currently only sorted globally (not per categories or origin).

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks for the info! I think it's a feature a lot of people would want :)

i think alot of people can keep wanting lol no offence but would be more pointless work then needed. i dont see any problem with having vc and wiiware alphabetically in one menu and so on with you gc/wii games. one kl things would be if you could play your emulators through usbloadergx (i no you can already) but have the covers show instead of having to load straight into your emulator from usbloadergx

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'd really help anyone with a large library - it makes things a hell of a lot easier to find + you can choose what sort of thing you want to play first as opposed to a certain game eg 'I feel like something retro today *clicks VC folder* Ah, how about some N64?' That's how my brain works most the time anyway

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'd really help anyone with a large library - it makes things a hell of a lot easier to find + you can choose what sort of thing you want to play first as opposed to a certain game eg 'I feel like something retro today *clicks VC folder* Ah, how about some N64?' That's how my brain works most the time anyway

okay i understand your point but how about this. use wad files for all wiiware games and then use your emulater which supply more then they do as vcware. doing this would then have each type of computer game seperate :)

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good plan but for more powerful consoles such as the N64 the VC ports are usually more stable + Also you're still left with Wii/Gamecube/WiiWare/Homebrew/Channels

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Good plan but for more powerful consoles such as the N64 the VC ports are usually more stable + Also you're still left with Wii/Gamecube/WiiWare/Homebrew/Channels

all of these can be split and configed the only thing you have correct is the N64 emulator doesnt work too well so ye for the time being use vc wads for N64 games (im hopeing the wii u could bring a nice surprise with an N64 emulator if someone was whiling to take it on)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: jammybudga777

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I still want to add a "tab-like" feature. Something to set different settings per tabs to quickly switch settings/categories/filtering, etc.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-799#post-4343478
(this mockup is only for quick-source selection, but my idea is to store different global settings)

that looks quality :). would there be any chance of adding a similar thing like plugins? and then also have them in seperate tabs? this would be sexy!!! lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also plan to add plugins (but I don't know when I'll do it. Like most feature request :ph34r: ).
The tabs like I see them are not fixed values, they will be empty and the user can add or delete tabs (or something else than tabs, I still don't know how I'll add this feature) where you set your own preferences/game choice/ etc in order to quickly switch full preferences easily (letting you switch category quickly can be used to make a "kid's game" tab, and one "Adult's game" password-locked tab, etc.)
So you can create one tab with Wii games, another one with plugins, etc. You choose.

Though, I don't think I'll do sub-tabs. It will not be a "VC tab" + "sub-tabs per consoles". it's tabs with different memorized preferences.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-