Hacking USB Loader GX and Wii U...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some games are streaming sounds directly from the Disc.
If you use a backup ISO, it can't read from the disc anymore so there's no sound.
The backup loader need to take this feature in account, and DIOS MIOS (Lite) doesn't have enough room for that code (limited space in GameCube mode for executable codes).

It affects games like Starfox adventure (no dialog, but music and SFX are perfectly fine).
Not all games are using this streaming method, most games work fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS load from USB
DIOS MIOS Lite load from SD
one for each device because of gamecube "limited space" like I explained above. One program can't have support for two device at the same time.

please read the forum, there are a lot of other thread explaining what can or can't be done, how to install, how to use them, etc.
There are a lot of guide/tutorial/questions/answers/compatible games all over the forum. everything has been answered multiple times already

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been months that cIOS can be installed on vWii, there are a lot of threads on softmodding vWii and installing cIOS. USBLoaders are working, and they don't need to be "installed" on vWii, only cIOS are needed if you want to launch Wii games (GameCube and Channels maunching work without cIOS).
Why do you think it's impossible?

It's not the first time you tell the user wrong information about WiiU vWii, I suggest you read a little more threads before trying to help users with homebrew on vWii, and hope you don't do it intentionally.
Thank you.

- Yes Wiiflow can be used on WiiU.
- Wiiflow use a /wiiflow/ folder on the root of the device. Everything is inside.
/wiiflow/txtcodes/ <-- here you put the .txt
/wiiflow/codes/ <-- here are placed the generated .gct files

the GameID.txt file contains ALL the known cheat codes. You need to select only the one you want to enable and generate a GameID.gct file that the loader will use.

USBLoaderGX use the /txtcodes/ and /codes/ on the root, but you can of course modify the folder in the settings to use the same one as Wiiflow if you want to share them between the two loaders.
(they are on the root because other homebrew like accio hacks, code downloader, code manager, etc. all use the one on the root)

- If you want to use cheatcode with GameCube games, it doesn't work with devolution so you need DIOS MIOS (Lite), which doesn't work on WiiU.
In order to use cheatcodes with DIOS MIOS (Lite), you need to download a file and put it in the sneek folder :
/sneek/kenobigc.bin
/sneek/kenobiwii.bin <-- take this one too, it will be usefull.

Ok, I installed Dios Mios and tried running it through Wiiflow. I keep getting error "apploader size is zero!"... what can I do?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games not working still :(
Either black screen or system shutdown... Tried setting directories to look in USB...

Update: switched iOS to 249 and it worked. Any way to auto load 249 when system boots?
Sometimes it boots game, others not... :(

qspitzer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20140807_081052.jpg
I think I already voided it because I already have homebrew on it (HBC, Gecko, etc.). Can Wiiflow be used on a wii u? Where are cheats stored in Wiiflow and what is the folder structure? I been trying at least 2 days to get cheats to work with GameCube games... Please please help if possible...

i dont think it is possible to run cheats/codes off of wiflow, but i know it is possible to run cheats from neogamma using ocarina (which has to be installed on the wii)

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20140807_081052.jpg

i dont think it is possible to run cheats/codes off of wiflow, but i know it is possible to run cheats from neogamma using ocarina (which has to be installed on the wii)

u can run cheats just set hook type to VBI and click download cheats from database and select the cheats you want

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ Skeet1983
If i'm not mistaken, latest versions (at least mine ) of USB Loader GX intergrates Nintendont options in its menu.
You therefore have to go into the menu (USB loader's one, right), peruse loader options till you find GC loader.
Once you've set Nintendont as the one running you GC isos, and possibly their location (in case you wouldn't follow nintendont's tuto advised location),
your games should launch just like wii games, but through nintendont
then you'll have fun with gamepad setting :)

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Sigh~

cIOS can NOW be installed on the Wii U, problem is its gonna be a huge problem to remove it just in case of warranty issues, because I doubt Wii U's updates will ever update vWii's mode.

Wrong. A recent update added a title to vWii to facilitate system transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.