Hacking USB Loader GX and SDHC in Games

kopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmodded Wii on 4.1u. I use USB Loader GX with a USB drive and an 8GB SDHC card. I can access this SDHC card just fine from the Loader, HBC and System Menu. But when I launch a game like Just Dance 4 from the Loader, it refuses to read it for things like DLC. If I swap the card out for a plain old SD card, it works just fine.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It needs to be added in the program you are using. If you use a Homebrew with SDHC support, the homebrew can access your card.

The game you are playing doesn't support SDHC.
The developers didn't add support for SDHC.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Softmodded Wii on 4.1u. I use USB Loader GX with a USB drive and an 8GB SDHC card. I can access this SDHC card just fine from the Loader, HBC and System Menu. But when I launch a game like Just Dance 4 from the Loader, it refuses to read it for things like DLC. If I swap the card out for a plain old SD card, it works just fine.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Yes, launch the game with GX but make sure that the GX settings boot the game with IOS250 [note:IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0. to be exact]
At least that's what i did to get the game to see my 32GB SDHC card.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It needs to be added in the program you are using. If you use a Homebrew with SDHC support, the homebrew can access your card.

The game you are playing doesn't support SDHC.
The developers didn't add support for SDHC.

It must be an incompatible SDHC card.
I'm using an 8 GB sdhc with just plain ios249 ( d2x v10 beta 53 alt )usb loader latest beta.
Did nothing special to get it to work.

pbgbottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm having the same issue .everythnig will read the SDHC
but when trying to download extra songs from just stor in the game like just dance . it says sd card not compatible or something like that
i have tried 3 different cards is it the card or the settings?

i am using usb loader gx ios249 d2x v10
i don't think i did the beta one.

can anybody confirm its just a card thing or a settings thing.

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...