Homebrew USB cinema gx?

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about the best wii media player ( w WiiMC )
when i do this
A dvd/usb film loader with the cover of the film this is a prewiew of how can it be
What do you think about??

i32382_1.jpg

i32383_2.jpg

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know anything 'bout coding etc. but please use a proper imagehost so I can see the bloody pics.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for anybody with 2 free days and a bit of know how, this should be pretty easy. since both the usb loader and WiiMC use the same kickass framework library ( with a few changes in between ), just about any part of the GUI can be transfered from the usb loader to the media player relevantly easily. its the same as when i put the cover displaying into the GX emulators.

somebody can look at the changes needed for those emulators and apply the same changes to WiiMC.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wouldn't this require boxart for each of your videos? I think that's a little unrealistic... no? For this to be practical, I think it would need to be able to display screenshots for each video with missing boxart... but even then... if u have a lot of movies I imagine it would be a lot of work just getting boxart

D

Deleted-171178

It could download the boxart in a similar way to XBMC, using scrapers and the filename.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even better would be the TViX format sheets. is shows a full screen for each movie with xml data including all the imdb rating, file type, encoding, etc

imagewz.jpg
imageri.jpg

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
wouldn't this require boxart for each of your videos? I think that's a little unrealistic... no? For this to be practical, I think it would need to be able to display screenshots for each video with missing boxart... but even then... if u have a lot of movies I imagine it would be a lot of work just getting boxart
In XBMC it is practical
wink.gif

aeon_multiplex.jpg

Covers are downloaded automatically if your files have the right names, if not it will ask you to correct the title.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, so it sounds like this is doable, hopefully Tantric see's this thread and considers implementing the idea into wiimc

my only concern (if u can call it that) is what about videos that aren't in the database... for example, what cover will be displayed for the video "XFlak's Tae Kwon Do Tournament"... a random screenshot of the video? Or a "?" for a cover?

Ideally, adding this support shouldn't replace the list view with a cover view, but i think it would be best if instead u would be able to switch between views.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
my only concern (if u can call it that) is what about videos that aren't in the database... for example, what cover will be displayed for the video "XFlak's Tae Kwon Do Tournament"... a random screenshot of the video? Or a "?" for a cover?
Maybe something like "TKD SUCKS! MMA RULES!1!!"?
laugh.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, tkd doesn't suck!! In case your interested, I study tae kwon do and hapkido (like jiu jitsu)... and I actually teach a weapons class during the summer (staff and nunchuckus... and no, not the wii-nunchuck, lol)

but u get my point, what will replace the boxart for videos that will never have box art, like home videos? a screenshot, a question mark cover?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just do the same as you do for custom games that you cant download covers for. make one yourself and put it on your HDD / sd card.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
like i said, thats a lot of work, especially if u have a large collection of videos... don't get me wrong, i love the idea, and as long as the cover-flow gui is ADDED to wiimc instead of replacing the current list-style menu, then I think its a great idea.

but if cover-flow is the only view option, then it would suck to see a bunch of question marks covers everywhere... if u have your hard drive set up properly with covers, u can use the coverflow without any issues... but if u are just sticking a friends flash drive in the wii to watch a video, it will take forever to navigate to the right video if they all look the same... so for this reason, I think making this view an Option, and not the only option, is a great idea

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of having a default "No Cover" image, maybe the filename (large & readable) can be displayed on a blank white cover - just an idea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated