Gaming US Rythm Heaven Megamix on a JP N3DS

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, the Freeshop/CIAngel or the FBI Install Seeds methods aren't going to help for those with out of region systems.

And finding a solution for EU/JP systems is the topic of this thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's exactly what I did:
1. downloaded and installed the cia through cia angel
2. opened it and got black screens
3. updated fbi to the latest version so I could download the seeds for the game
4. opened the file and got black screens again
5. made a folder called "locales" inside of the luma folder, made a .txt file inside of it called "000400000018A400" and wrote USA EN inside of it
6. opened it successfully

Try downloading the game through cia angel, downloading the seeds from the newest fbi and then creating the locales .txt file.

How does that work? When I use FBI to install seeds with a game that's not from my system's region, I get an error.

Is there some trick?

Edit: Yow! FBI successfully downloaded the import seed!

Still stuck on black screen when booting. :(

Last edited by regnad,

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, the Freeshop/CIAngel or the FBI Install Seeds methods aren't going to help for those with out of region systems.

And finding a solution for EU/JP systems is the topic of this thread.

How does that work? When I use FBI to install seeds with a game that's not from my system's region, I get an error.

Is there some trick?

Edit: Yow! FBI successfully downloaded the import seed!

Still stuck on black screen when booting. :(
Is your luma3ds updated to the latest hourly build? @MeowMeowMeow you should try this too in case you're still struggling to get it to work.

Last edited by Kinqdra,
Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it might just be, as it is a new title and they usually have to tweak them up within the CFW before they can function properly.

Unfortunately the latest hourly Luma build didn't help at all.

I'm at a loss at this point. I can't think of anything left to try. :(

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Unfortunately the latest hourly Luma build didn't help at all.

I'm at a loss at this point. I can't think of anything left to try. :(
I'm as lost as you.. I don't think I've seen anyone get it to work on a JPN 3ds, and the thing is, I'm getting one in like 2-3 weeks, so I'd really like to hear it's working. The only other thing I can think of is a system upgrade in case you're not on 11.0.xx yet (but be careful as I'm not sure how that affects users without a9lh), but I don't think it'll change anything. Maybe even try fiddling with the locales file by putting "USA JP" instead of "USA EN". I doubt it'll do anything but you know, just as a last resort haha. I'll report if I get it working on my new JPN 3ds when I get it, but till then, if nothing else works, I suggest you just put the JPN version of the game on your friends 3ds :/

Last edited by Kinqdra,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I use this:

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Just create the Locales directory, as it doesn't do it for you, if you dont already have one.

Load the app and browse to the game you want and change it to your own region and language. No need to find ID's from the online database now:) and just makes the process a bit quicker.

I have a n3ds jp on 11.0 a9lh and will report back when I try this game in question.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
I have Luma and Gateway and apparently it doesn't work and luma but it loads in Gateway mode.... Yup. The crypto fixed one.

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I use this:

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Just create the Locales directory, as it doesn't do it for you, if you dont already have one.

Load the app and browse to the game you want and change it to your own region and language. No need to find ID's from the online database now:) and just makes the process a bit quicker.

I have a n3ds jp on 11.0 a9lh and will report back when I try this game in question.
Cool, I'm interested to hear whether it works on a JP 11.0.xx firmware :)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Cool, I'm interested to hear whether it works on a JP 11.0.xx firmware :)

Yep. And I triple checked that the locale txt file was correct too.

Hi guys,

Here are my findings on my test hardware:

O3DS EU (Luma 11.0 Sys/A9LH V2) + N3DS JP (Luma 11.0 Sys A9LH V1)

1) The CIA from the usual place did not work, as I tried setting the "region" to USA and "language" to EN with the following ID set on the txt file "000400000018A400" in the Luma/locales directory. Every attempt would hang on the 3DS loading screen.

In addition, I didn't even bother with the Crypto fixed one either, as it's not needed imo. So don't bother using the CIA's from that ISO site.

2) However, I downloaded the USA version using CIA Angel to my SD card and installed it via FBI (latest Version) plus I didn't bother with seeds, etc, just installed the CIA.

Next, using lumalocaleswitcher that I linked above (you can do it manually but I find it quicker to use the app to change regions and languages for testing, since you don't have to keep editing the txt file yourself) I set it to region USA and Language to EN and on my both consoles, the title boots every time without fail, yet anything else like setting Region JPN EN or EU EN, will cause it to hang on a black screen.

So to summarize, use CIA Angel to get the CIA, install with FBI (latest version) and set the Region to USA/Language EN. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi guys,

Here are my findings on my test hardware:

O3DS EU (Luma 11.0 Sys/A9LH V2) + N3DS JP (Luma 11.0 Sys A9LH V1)

1) The CIA from the usual place did not work, as I tried setting the "region" to USA and "language" to EN with the following ID set on the txt file "000400000018A400" in the Luma/locales directory. Every attempt would hang on the 3DS loading screen.

In addition, I didn't even bother with the Crypto fixed one either, as it's not needed imo. So don't bother using the CIA's from that ISO site.

2) However, I downloaded the USA version using CIA Angel to my SD card and installed it via FBI (latest Version) plus I didn't bother with seeds, etc, just installed the CIA.

Next, using lumalocaleswitcher that I linked above (you can do it manually but I find it quicker to use the app to change regions and languages for testing, since you don't have to keep editing the txt file yourself) I set it to region USA and Language to EN and on my both consoles, the title boots every time without fail, yet anything else like setting Region JPN EN or EU EN, will cause it to hang on a black screen.

So to summarize, use CIA Angel to get the CIA and set the Region to USA/Language EN. Enjoy!!!
Cool! That means I'll be able to run it on my JPN N3DS when it arrives :D
So to conclude, the CIA from that iso site works only for US versions of the 3DS while the one downloaded from cia angel + locales works on all other region systems?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Cool! That means I'll be able to run it on my JPN N3DS when it arrives :D
So to conclude, the CIA from that iso site works only for US versions of the 3DS while the one downloaded from cia angel + locales works on all other region systems?

Looks that way, as some have got the CIA from that site to work on US consoles but for some reason, setting the region and language on my EU and JP consoles refused to work, so I advised to not use it from there.

Maybe it's a cleaner version from Angel, I dunno, but rest assured once you get you're JP console, it will work fine, if follow my advice:).

Reactions: Kinqdra

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is your luma3ds updated to the latest hourly build? @MeowMeowMeow you should try this too in case you're still struggling to get it to work.
Omg thanks!!!!!!!
what I did:
  • Installed Luma3ds 5.5
  • Installed newest FBI .cia
  • went to FBI>titles>Rythm heaven megamix>import seed
  • ???
  • profit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P