US O3DS charger with EUR Dsi xl

fjdjks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the US but bought a dsi xl from france. I'm wondering if I can use an original 3ds charger to charge it? says on the back of the box that the power supply included is suitable for the e.e.a and Switzerland if that matters

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since Nintendo doesn't provide – for whatever stupid reason – AC adapters with wide input range, your charger has to match the voltage of your grid:
American charger works only on American outlet 110/115V~ @60Hz → 4.6V⎓
European charger works only on 220/230V~ @50Hz → 4.6V⎓

As you see the output is always the same; all DSi(XL) and (New) 2|3DS(XL) use 4.6V⎓ for charging.

⟹ Use your American 3DS charger!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

In the US but bought a dsi xl from france. I'm wondering if I can use an original 3ds charger to charge it? says on the back of the box that the power supply included is suitable for the e.e.a and Switzerland if that matters

If you are brave, you can try a Charging Cable like this:
https://gbatemp.net/review/5in1-charging-cable-for-some-video-gaming-devices.1655/

You can use your PC/Laptop´s USB Ports or an USB Hub for Charging,have no Fear,nothing can happen...
(normally...😂).

Good Luck
Thank you.😊
(Ahhh....He´s back !!!)

Reactions: fjdjks

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, the DSI XL and all 3ds models use the same charging port.

All consoles are universal in terms of the power input, so a US 3DS charger will work fine with a DSI/3DS from anywhere in the world.

Reactions: fjdjks

fjdjks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Nintendo doesn't provide – for whatever stupid reason – AC adapters with wide input range, your charger has to match the voltage of your grid:
American charger works only on American outlet 110/115V~ @60Hz → 4.6V⎓
European charger works only on 220/230V~ @50Hz → 4.6V⎓

As you see the output is always the same; all DSi(XL) and (New) 2|3DS(XL) use 4.6V⎓ for charging.

⟹ Use your American 3DS charger!

Yes, the DSI XL and all 3ds models use the same charging port.

All consoles are universal in terms of the power input, so a US 3DS charger will work fine with a DSI/3DS from anywhere in the world.
Appreciate the info, thank you 👍

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: