Hardware URGENT! Help Is Needed! About SD Card for my 2ds

Kian808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so i was adding more custom pokemon games through a cia file i went to put it in my 2ds it didnt pick it up i put it in my computer again saying i had to format it, therefore i had format my sd card and then recovered all my files from it but they arent in any folders..... im lost where they all go and what and which like all my games i dont know where they are or where they go? could anyone send me pictures of their sd card folders ans what goes where? or is there a really helpful guide anywhere?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well first, formatting the card was a no no. It would have been better to recover the card before the format.
Some data recovery software can recover files but wont keep the file structure and just recovery everything to a folder, some others do.
If this happens again in the future try a chkdsk (disk check) before you format.
You can try another program I like to use called Active @ File Recovery, You can recover data with file structures. There is a demo but I'm not sure if the demo has limitations.
For now don't write any new info to the SD card to prevent data loss.
Failing the recovery, you would have to start over, reinstall games and loose saves.

Kian808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well first, formatting the card was a no no. It would have been better to recover the card before the format.
Some data recovery software can recover files but wont keep the file structure and just recovery everything to a folder, some others do.
If this happens again in the future try a chkdsk (disk check) before you format.
You can try another program I like to use called Active @ File Recovery, You can recover data with file structures. There is a demo but I'm not sure if the demo has limitations.
For now don't write any new info to the SD card to prevent data loss.
Failing the recovery, you would have to start over, reinstall games and loose saves.
dammit i tried before hand nothing worked so i format and now lost the layout i used recuva free no limitations

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you forget to eject the sd card from your pc before disconnecting it? You could have damaged it if you didnt...
Id say just start over on the sd card tbh. Backup your sd card once in a while. That can save you a bit of stress. It might be more trouble than its worth to restructure all of those folders. If you really want to take the time to do so, Id ask a frient to take screenshots of how theirs is structured and what files are in what folders...

Kian808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you forget to eject the sd card from your pc before disconnecting it? You could have damaged it if you didnt...
Id say just start over on the sd card tbh. Backup your sd card once in a while. That can save you a bit of stress. It might be more trouble than its worth to restructure all of those folders. If you really want to take the time to do so, Id ask a frient to take screenshots of how theirs is structured and what files are in what folders...
hm i guess

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recuva is a basic free program that just dumps anything it finds into one folder. For your needs that wont work.
Try Active @ File Recovery and see if it can recovery the files. Hopefully the limitation is just a time one.

Reactions: Lumince

Kian808

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recuva is a basic free program that just dumps anything it finds into one folder. For your needs that wont work.
Try Active @ File Recovery and see if it can recovery the files. Hopefully the limitation is just a time one.
hopefully

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi