StanAgain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya!

How do I update USB Loader GX manually (in a safe way)? And also, will this delete the emuNANDs, cIOSes, .BNR files or anything else important for USB Loader GX to run?

Last edited by StanAgain,

StanAgain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW INFO: I figured you can just overwrite the files, but can this mess up your Wii? Should I delete USB Loader GX from the Homebrew Channel first, then replace the files or would this make things even worse?

Last edited by StanAgain,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW INFO: I figured you can just overwrite the files, but can this mess up your Wii? Should I delete USB Loader GX from the Homebrew Channel first, then replace the files or would this make things even worse?
Deleting it from the Homebrew Channel will likely make things worse. I said likely, though, because that's just a guess (I'm a scaredy cat and I don't wanna test it on my own).

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing will be deleted or damaged at all beyond the files you're replacing on your SD card or USB drive (whichever one is where you keep your homebrew apps), but you can back up your SD card or USB drive's contents first if you're worried about that.

joshiors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just did this. I had a deprecated USB Loader, and to update it I only reinstalled the cIOS (to update everything), deleted from my HDD the usbloader folder and reinstall it with the new version via Homebrew. Basically, the usbloader installation guide in wii guide should work.

Sergio_de_Loco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, have you figured out how to update?

If so what is the best way to update the loader without losing any data or messing it up?
I set the ocarina codes for a bunch of games and other game specific settings as well, I don't want to have to do that again.
I'm not sure if I would remember everything again.

I have installed the new cIOS d2x-v11-beta1 using this guide https://wii.guide/cios.
I tried overwriting the 3 files boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png but nothing happens. The loader still shows version 1272.

Thanks

Last edited by Sergio_de_Loco,

Sergio_de_Loco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Delete all of the DOL files, since you only need the new boot.dol and meta.xml files.

And if you've got the loader installed to Priiloader then you should uninstall it, since you're not supposed to install the loader directly to Priiloader.
I only have one more DOL boot_non480pfix.dol
So I don't need it I suppose?

Sergio_de_Loco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, it's not required.

I'm not sure how you ended up with 3 DOL files, since when you extract the apps folder to your SD card it'll ask you if you want to replace any existing files and the answer should be yes to all.
Maybe I worded it wrong:
3 files in total, boot.dol, meta.xml, and icon.png
I just pasted and overwritten those 3.

After deleting both the forwarder and the loader and then installing it fresh it worked.
Thanks!

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone