Hacking Updating to 4.5 (But 6.2 already downloaded)

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo, I'm currently on 4.4, but I wanna upgrade to 4.5 via a game cartridge. Now I do have 6.2 already downloaded, and main thing I'm wondering is, how do I actually upgrade to 4.5

When I try play the game do I just accept the update? I'm worried I'll accidentally update to 6.2

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yo, I'm currently on 4.4, but I wanna upgrade to 4.5 via a game cartridge. Now I do have 6.2 already downloaded, and main thing I'm wondering is, how do I actually upgrade to 4.5

When I try play the game do I just accept the update? I'm worried I'll accidentally update to 6.2

It won't matter. If you play a cart with 4.5 it will use the cart to update- not the downloaded 6.2
No format required, No worries!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
heh hope so! thanks for the info

Make sure to report back! I have never heard of someone being forced to use the Internet update when using a cart, (at least me and my friends never ran into that issue)
Nevertheless, the more results back the better!

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright In case anyone wants to know, when you try play the game it'll specifically ask you if you want to download to _________ firmware version, so its all good!

keubibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question :D My EU 3ds now in fw 1.0 ver, i don't have any game card to update my 3ds to fw 4.1-4.5 (in my country, it's too hard to find), so... CAN i update my 3ds to fw 4.1-4.5 by using Gateway card ? :D Thank you.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question :D My EU 3ds now in fw 1.0 ver, i don't have any game card to update my 3ds to fw 4.1-4.5 (in my country, it's too hard to find), so... CAN i update my 3ds to fw 4.1-4.5 by using Gateway card ? :D Thank you.
Like the guy above me said, you NEED a 4.1-4.5 game card. There is no alternative. That said, there are quite a few popular games with that firmware though. I'm pretty sure there's a list of what game comes with what firmware somewhere, you might want to look at that.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was forced into a much more recent firmware (think it was 6.0) when I first played Project X Zone - which was gutting, given the amount of use my Acekard gets (and the fact that there's not been any sign of life from the Acekard team in 10 months or so). ...fortunately, I still have my DS phat ;)

Anyway, I chose to see the forced firmware as a blessing as it allowed me to catch up with a few e-shop purchases I'd wanted but couldn't access on the older firmware.

...of course, now I'm on the latest firmware and I've only just found out about Gateway :cry:

Which firmware update was with Mario Kart 7? I seem to remember it being for 4.x - and MK7 should be easy to find/borrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone